Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, September 06, 2004

12 August 2004

EARTHQUAKE!!

Yesterday nite, 5 September was an unforgettable experience for me. In same day, the west area in Japan where I am staying having 2 times of earthquake, with magnitude(M) 6.8 at 7.00pm & M7.3 at 11.55pm. For the 1st time I felt scary with the earthquake, even though I hv experienced a few times while these years in Japan. Dun worry everyone, I am very fine here. I didn't feel the 7.00pm one cause I was on the train way back to Kyoto from Tokyo. Luckily, nothing big problem happened for my journey except tat the train was a bit delayed. When Wai Wai cmail me if I am ok, I was blur blur cause hv no idea bout the earthquake at all. But the 11:55pm one, I experienced it myself. It was lasted for more than 30 seconds. I was sleeping in my room, but somehow dun know why, I woke up a few seconds before it happened. I dun know if tat is my sense or wat, but same kind of things hv happened to me for 3 times, whereby everytime when I was sleeping, I will wake up just a few second before the earthquake. Guess I must prepare a safety bag besides me all the time from now, in case a bigger one will happen. Even the earthquake experts are confuse with this 'twin' earthquake.

Ok, back to my little post tat was supposed to post on 12 August. :P

Souvenir again

We had 2 kinds of snack for dessert today. One from Kaori, it was baked biscuit made from sweet potato. Very soft biscuit.



The lower right have another dessert in a package. This was the souvenir from Kimura, think she got it from Hakata. I love this one. Very nice. The white bean paste was good, and the buttery flavour was so nice. The whole thing was very creamy tat it can even melt in my mouth. Yummy!!

4 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know you reach your home safely. I turned on the news after 7pm and heard it could be felt strongly in Kansai. So worried about u on the train, knowing u r safe. :) I was thinking whether to run out of the door during the 2nd eq. :P Guess we better prepare a bag with passport, snacks, water, torch, photos of beloved ones, etc in case of big eq. :D WaiWai

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Wei WW, thanks for the concern. Me ok here. Hv get my safety pouch ready besides me when I sleep. For those of u in Japan, better get one for urself too, just in case. Cause this morning n just now, I felt 2 more quakes. Just a light one. But I believe tat is some kinds of sign. And wat worse, tonite got Taifu No.18 coming, a huge one. So me goin home once wrote this. Tata. Take care on the way home. ff

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

Hey,

I like your webpage very much. Feeling like reading your diary..................minus all the personal secrets. Hehe.Keep it up.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the encouragement. Very happy to hear tat. Yap, it's my diary, with many many foods on it. :P Hope to make it better in future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home