Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Saturday, September 11, 2004

22 August 2004

Hakodate Ichiba again

Ok, after Sylvia saw my blog on this Hakodate Ichiba near my house, she c-mailed me on 21 August, to see if I am free to go with her the next day for this sushi shop. Well, as it's very near my house, n nothing particular for me on tat weekend, the 2 gals are heading for some good Japanese stuff again. :P



Well, we did order a few food same as last time. This time, goin to post the new one tat we ordered. Go to this for the last time post. Yellow plate:126yen (RM4.37), maroon: 168yen (RM5.82), green: 220yen (RM7.62), orange: 300yen (RM10.40).

Sylvia took one amaebi (sweet prawn). I never tried one, but frens said they r really sweet. See the pinkish colour? It's the original colour even with out cooking. Looks pretty.



Sylvia kind of like shellfish. I dun know the particular name of this one, so just call it shellfish then. :P Sylvia said it's very fresh, and the meat is very munchy.



She likes kani miso (crab paste) very much. RAW!! I ask her how does it taste? She said a bit bitter, and a bit fishy. But tat is where the attraction is. Hmmm... hard for a vegetarian like me to understand. But seeing her very happy face while eating it, I know it must be good for those who know how to enjoy it. Big sis, would u like to try it when u come?



After that, even though she is so full oledi, after seeing this unagi (eel), she shake out her stomach a bit for some space to fill in it. Now, among all the sushi, I think she looks the most shiawase (happiness) with this plate. She said the eel taste so good.



As for me, I wanted something light. Miss pickle too. So chose this shinkomaki (pickled radish). A bit sweet. Very chrunchy. Very common pickle in Japan.



After the main meal, we order 2 desserts. The first one is the cheese cake make from Hokkaido milk. Not too bad. But I prefer my own big sis one. She can make one of the best marble cheese cake tat I hv ever had. Yummy!!



The 2nd one, is the pudding. Mmmmmmm~~~~~ Sylvia n me were quite surprise with the taste of this pudding. I had uncounted pudding before, this one is one of the best. It was sooooo creamy. Very very smooth. The moment Sylvia n me put it into our mouth, we can really feel tat we r very lucky, very touch indeed. Too bad can't bring back to Malaysia, or else, really want to let my family try. Hmmmm...

Sylvia:"Yong, this is a great place. I love their sushi. But I think the pudding is the best."

Heee... so I think she forgot bout the unagi she had earlier oledi. :P

After tat, where did the 2 gal go?? KARAOKE, of course. :P :P Ciao ciao.

2 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey, nice pictures, very "warm" in photography term. Your food blog is great because it shows the reader Japanese food other than Sushi, teriyaki and tempura.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Thanks, ur comment is a great encouragement for me. I really adore for an engineer like u, can love n appreciate food as much. :) Yap, I was trying to tell people, Japanese food is just not sushi n tempura. They hv much more things to discover.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home