Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

10 seconds energy recharge

Ok, today I'm goin to do a bit of talk on Japanese drink. Sixthseal talked bout the Al bottle drink that was exported from Japan to Malaysia. As for me, maybe I should let those of u who interested in this topic know other kind of packaging that is quite popular in Japan. :)



This is how the packaging looks like. Colour of Aluminium, but actually is plastic material. This one is energy recharging jelly drink by Weider. A famous health functional food brand in Japan. This Energy is a product of 'in series'. 10 seconds will give a recharge of energy equivalent to one onigiri (~180kcal). Market price for ~ 200yen (RM7) per pack. But can get one around 130 yen (RM4.50) in some pharmacy shops when got offering.



This is the back side of the packaging. With all the nutritional info on it. I love this fruity taste jelly drink. Yummy. Oso very easy, just twist open the cap, then suck suck suck... hehe... I can finish it in 10 seconds. :P Other products of this series include Protein, Multivitamin, Fiber diet and Collagen beauty.

Besides jelly drinks, normal drink oso packed in this way. Other brands such as amino acid supplementary drink Kirin Amino Supli, Asahi Charge and Suntory Nenshoukei Aminoshiki... fruity drink such as Qoo by Coca Cola and Nacchan by Sunctory oso used this kind of packaging as well for parts of their product. Asahi, Kirin together with Sapporo, account for the top three beer selling in Japan while the number four beer selling Suntory is more famous for its Suntory Whisky. Hee... btw, I only drink Asahi Super Dry when I hv to take beer. (I dun really drink alcoholic drink actually. :P)

Ok, tat's all for today drinks info. Hope u like it.

9 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Ah, so that's how you get through the day. I'll need to look for these things...

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

this looks so much better than the energy drink we have here. all of them packed with guarana (caffeine!!!). hehe this pack looks like astronaut food too. i wonder if i can find this at the japanese groceries :)

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Hi Dennis, try to see if can get it in the Japanese store. These jelly drink r really strongly recommended.

Dear Pincocoa, yap, I like the suppliment drink in Japan. At least from wat I know, taste better than the one I had tried in Malaysia. Hey, the jelly drink even better. Heee... I like the thought... Tai Kong food. Good imagination gal. :)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

What's Tai Kong food, thinking up a name for a startup business? :o)

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

These energy drinks were designed for atheletics, like marathon running where it can be consume easily, since when did they become a hip thing ? Anyway, for people who do not exercise, the gel turns into spare tyres :)

Send some empty packs over, I'll pack it with my home brews.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger obachan said...

Hi fish fish,
I found your site via pinkcocoa’s. I’m a Japanese who lived in Kansai for about 20 years and returned to Shikoku. This energy jelly thing really helped me when I was an office worker. When I overslept and had no time for breakfast, or had 2 appointments at different places and had no time for lunch in between, I bought one and drank it at the platform of the train station. This way I didn’t have to worry about my stomach growling in a quiet office : )

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Dennis: Tai Kong food mean astronautical food. Hee... tat was Pinkcocoa concept. Cool huh... ;)

Cooknengr: Yap, I owez take the amino supplement 30 min before my sport, for the best performance. Well, it becomes a hit in Japan one year ago, after a few programme telling people the benifit of this drink. But provided u drink it with the correct way. Hey, u want the empty pack? Np. But u need to wait until I can collect a feel. I drink extremely few in this kind of packaging. Usually I just buy a 2L one, cheaper. Oso, dun really drink much jelly style, usually the liquid one.

Obachan: Irasshaimase... :) Which part of Shikoku r u now? I only been to Kagawa... for a Udon kuidaore trip with my lab people. Until now, I still have a phobia on Udon. :( Totally agree with u tat the jelly drink can make one growling stomach stop grumbling. :P

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger obachan said...

I live in Kochi. If you ever feel like getting katsuo-no-tataki phobic, just get down here : )

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Dear obachan, thanks for telling me tat. Didn't know bout it. But unluckily, I can't take fish, cause I am a vegetarian. I heard kochi is a nice place. One of my senior is from Kochi actually. She brought us Suika to try before... very sweet n crunchy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home