Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Summer in Tokyo (3 Sept)

Yeah, finish my preparation for tomolo seminar. Now hv mood to do something light. :P

Today goin to blog an izakaya tat I hv been in Tokyo on 3 Sept. Sorry I can't tell u the name of the shop, cause I myself oso dun know. By the way, those of u who went with me tat nite, in case anyone knows the name of these shop, please let me know. Thanks.

The shop was kind of dark. So all the pic, I hv to get the help from the candle light to focus on the foods. Phew! They turned out good. :P



The first thing we had, is this salty popcorn as appetizer. Hmm... i dun really like salty popcorn, still prefer caramel flavour or choco...



Then, this spicy wedges came. One of my favorite dish for tat nite. We had a second round for this dish.



We oso ordered Yaki udon (fried udon). Not too bad. But somehow dun know why, the food in Tokyo just taste more salty to me.



Some guys ordered this maguro yukke (raw tuna yukke). I didn't eat, just curious in seeing how they eat this thing. They told me yukke is yummy... I doubt so (ok, not for a vegetarian like me, at least).



This chahan (fried rice) was not bad too. Much better than the one I had in Din Tai Fung in Taiwan. Oh well, I was kind of hungry tat time. So the food taste better than usual I guess. :P



They ordered potato croquette. Well, for a person who love deep frying thing, I dun think I can resist it rite? I had half size.



This prawn dumpling looked good. But I didn't eat. Wat attracted me on this dish, is the chili sauce attached. Hee... i used it on other food. :P



These nice nice frens ordered this tofu dish for me n Zi Hao (another cute young guy who oso a vegetarian). Heee... ate kind a lot of this. Good dish for summer.



Oso like this vege stick so much. I crunch on them like a bunny. Krak! Krak! Krak!



Wee~~ someone ordered vietnam spring roll. Once again, I had half size. Healthy dish. And with the sauce, it was good.



Finally, I think this was the last dish. Tebasaki (chicken wing). Looks good? They told me it was.

So we paid like 2500yen (or was it 3000 yen?) each person for a 2hr free drink course with the food we ordered. Well, I think it is the normal price for an Izakaya dinner time. Not really sure... seldom go in a big group like this to an Izakaya. Usually, it's like 3 or 4 people the most for me.

But I enjoyed the dinner very much.



Cause able to meet many new 'devils' in Tokyo. Yap, excluding me, there r 10 of them in this pic (all Malaysians wor). 3 of them r the old devils I know. Sure noisy enough. Not to mention it is a Friday nite. Full house!! I like the 'devils' I met. A few of them actually not really stayed in Tokyo, but they went to Tokyo to take entrance exam. I wonder how was the result. Just hope each of them can get the university they want.



After the dinner, another 3 gals joined us. And we went to this empty place besides Starbuck near the Shinjuku station to borak borak... until nearly midnite.

p/s: Those of u in the pics, if u want a bigger size one, can write mail to me. I'll send to ur email then. :)

Time for goin home. Tata...

9 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

Hey fish fish, my wife says how come you never post a picture of yourself here. :o)

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Hehe... dear Dennis... then how come your wife never let you put her lovely pic ler? ;)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

I see you speak fluently in Japanese.. good for you.. :)
Always wanted to learn to speak fluently.. but never get enough practice.. so i kinda rusty at it.
Cheers..!! take care.. and keep up the blog.. i enjoyed your blog tremendously.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

BTW.. the reason why i got interested in reading your blog is because you are from Kuching.. and i have a good friend from Kuching too. And ppl from Kuching.. are so warm and friendly.. and sincere... as far as i can see.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Dear Mrs Tweety, thank you for the compliment for Kuching people. :) And thank you for the warm support to this blog. It is another motivation for me to continue writing. I have read ur blog too. Well, not an easy work to maintain between business n ur little daughter. Please ganbatte... :)

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

hi Fish Fish
oh wow. I never know there are so many malaysians in Japan! now I know. A friend of mine recently headed to Japan to study too. He's in Yokohama, i think.

what's izakaya? I am trying to learn japanese here but still very rusty. I only know a few simple words :p

yeah. me also never like salty popcorn. I miss the sweet popcorn we have when we go for movies back home! oh. I never know you are a vegetarian! I am like half and half. :)

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, I did not know you are vegetarian till today, ai yah cannot invite you to the big Cajun party in Kuching loh...may be you can have the sweet potato soufle pie.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Pinkcocoa: Hey dear, haven't seen u for a few days. :) Malaysian students amount ranks no. 4 in Japan, after China, Korea and Indonesia. An Izakaya (居酒屋) means a Japanese style bar. With varieties of foods and alcoholic drinks for u to choose. But with very few type of non-alcohol. Nice place for gathering and chattering with frens though. Yap, I'm vegetarian. Lacto-ovo vege. But not a strict one, in a sense tat if the dish is a mixture of meat n vege, I will only eat the vege parts. Not for religion purpose, merely for health concept. :) And I love animals... one of the reason too.

Cooknengr: Heee... yap, a vegetarian fish. Btw, I wouldn't mind to go to the Cajun party, even if pie is the only thing I can munch. :P When in Kuching? Let me know then. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home