Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Kakak in Japan (Pt 3, 31 Oct)

A little good news for those in USA, hey! Spring of Trivia is on now... To read more...

Uji River

2nd day morning, I decided to bring my Kakak walked half round along Uji river before we were heading to Kobe. We were so glad it was a good weather morning.



We had fish fish brand Takikomigohan (炊き込みご飯) at home before we went out. :P Actually I cooked this on 29th nite, so tat Kakak could hv it on Saturday morning when she reached. Ai yar~ who knows got too much other delicious stuffs for her to eat. So, with some of the foods we brought back from the welcome dinner, we had a nice breakfast.

Well, it is a very simple Takikomigohan... I put 4 types of mushrooms: shiitake (椎茸), shimeji (しめじ), maitake (舞茸) and eringi (エリンギ), Gobo (牛蒡)(a burdock) and yuri no ne (百合の根)(a lily root bulb). Then just add in some black pepper grinds, and a cube of dried young sardines stock by Knorr in Malaysia. This was my first time to try using a stock to make Takikomigohan instead of normal Japanese tsuyu (つゆ). Heee... the taste was good, only a bit too soft, think I add to much water. :P But Kakak love it. ;)

Below are a few pics of how Uji river looks like in mid autumn. :)



Anchoring boat along the still clear Uji river.



Kakak with a background of mountain and river. See the mountain, still very green. Now, it is very late autumn oledi, and the mountain all turn into a mixture of red, orange, yellow and green.



Here is another side of Uji river, with a very swift water flow. This is the typical river style in Japan, shallow and swift, but wide.



Uji is a very good place for some quiet and slow kind of leisure. Saw this man was fishing alone. But he doesn't seem lonely at all. And yes, I like this scene very much. :)

Meet up with Angel in Kobe

We waited for Angel to meet up with us. Heee... a bit doki doki (どきどき)(throb)... as it was the first time I will meet a blogger. :P

Finally we met up... Even though it was the first time, we get to talk to each other easily in a very short while. Maybe sama-sama (same) Malaysians. ;)

Angel decided to bring us hv Ramen (ラーメン) (Chinese noodle in soup) in a famous shop in Kobe, after she knew Kakak not yet tried Ramen in Japan.



One street band was playing very loud music when we past thru the Kobe street.



And Kakak wanted to take a pic with a background of Kobe city. There u go Kakak, even got a bus with Coke CM behind wor.



We reached the shop. It is called Tao Men (道麺). I hv past thru this shop a few times, but never really think that the Ramen inside will be good.



Here is the Geki Kara Tantanmen (激辛坦々麺) (super spicy tan tan noodle) for 800yen (RM29.50). Angel and me ordered this. Wow!! It was very good, especially the soup. The noodle itself very good too. Even though a bit oily for me, but I love the spicy soup taste.



As for Kakak, she had Char Siew Soup Noodle (叉焼清湯麺). 700yen (~RM26). Considering the price, I think the Char Siew portions were generous. :)

Heee... thanks Angel... for bringing us to this good place for lunch. My sister really like it.

7 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Ahhhhhhhh.. food looks yum yum.. :)
I'm hungry again..!!! 12.40am here.. arrrghhhhhhh......!!
lol

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger ~AnGeL~ said...

It is my pleasure. Hey gal, the people from my dorm plan to go on a trip for the LUMINARIE on 16Dec. Will u be free to join? It is a thursday though.

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Reid said...

Hello fish fish,

That ramen looks so yummilicious! Especially the spicy geki kara tantanmen. The char siu ramen looks really good too. And you're right, the portions are generous.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, the Char Shiew doesn't look red red one like Kon Lo Mee. As Kakak how did it tasted like, esp the surface (the red red one tasted a little sweet). You live in a nice area, very "Zen".

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger ting-aling said...

Hey fish fish..'am still waiting for your picture!!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

nice yummy looking ramen!!! the tantanmen looks so red and spicy. *shiver* It's also my first time seeing such a generous portion of charsiew on ramen!
I saw on tv, there is lemon ramen in Japan. Not sure where it is though. Have you heard about it?

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Mrs Tweety: Heee... u know wat, last nite midnite time, when I read Asian Vegan, I was oso very hungry. Like my mum said, Guo Jia Xiang, the food next door owez looks more yummy. :P

~Angel~: Really? Geee... tat's very tempting. U goin or not Cha Bor? (heee... my Kakak like to call her gal buddies Cha Bor)

Reid: Yap yap, the tan tan men really good. I think I'm starting to fall into ramen stuff liao. Should hv like it earlier. My first experience of ramen was extremely salty n oily, since then back me off. The Char Siew was extremely soft, like 'melt in ur mouth'.

cooknengr: Yap, the Japanese Char Siew different from Kch one. Kolok Mee Char Siew uses colour additive. And use more sugar... or is it honey? Nah~ cost will be higher. Japanese Char Siew in ramen being boiled for a long time, until the meat tender soft. Less sweet than the one in Kuching. But very very soft.

ting-aling: Hee... I promise will put one,one dat, but not now. Meanwhile, please enjoy other people pics in my blog. Oso the foods. See my sis? We hv the same genetic source. So, try to imagine. :P

pinkcocoa: geee... tat's something new info of ramen from u dear. Lemon ramen, making a sour lover like me cannot tahan liao. U remember which place in Japan? But, they do hv all sorts of ramen in Japan... too many indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home