Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Kobe Luminarie (16 Dec)

I went with Angel and her frens to Kobe Luminarie (神戸ルミナリエ) last nite. It took more than 2 hrs for me to reach Kobe.



Angel came to meet me with her another 2 frens. Heee... see the three cute gals? The 1980's gals. ;)
From left to right: Angel, Qian Qian (China) and Ka Li (Hong Kong).
This was taken when we were having drink and waiting for the other.

After everyone came, we finally able to move to the venue. That was oledi omost an hr later I think.

The 1st thing I saw the Luminarie, "Wah!!" The pics can't really impose the amazing light up that I saw. It looks much better in reality.

This year, the Luminarie going to be on from 13 till 26 Dec. So, for those of u in Japan, who want to see, grab the chance. :) Not a big one, but a nice one.

The word 'Luminarie' originally came from Italian 'Illuminazione Per Feste' which means "Illumination for the festival". Luminarie workpieces were started in Baroque period, initially as an decorating art.

The 'Kobe Luminarie' started in December 1995, the year when the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake (阪神.淡路大震災) happened in 17 January. To commemorate the spirits of the earthquake's victims as well as to build hope for the restoration of the city. After the Luminarie ended on that year, as strong requests from all parties to continue this exhibition, it has now becoming one of the annual Kobe Winter Scenery.

The theme for this year is 'La citta della Luce' (神戸,光の都) (Kobe, Hikari no Miyako) which literally means 'Kobe, the metropolis of light'.



This one, is named Stella Polare (北の星, Kita no Hoshi). The Northern Star.



This Stella Polare even looks more amazing with its reflection. After this main gate, we past thru a series of workpiece called 'La memoria delle stelle' (星の記憶, Hoshi no Kioku). The Memory of Stars.



Along the Hoshi no Kioku, we saw many yatai (屋台, Japanese style hawker stall) selling different things. These 2 gals were dressed in nice white santa fashion to sell Kobe omiyage (お土産, souvenir). I was asking one of the gal if I could take her pic, and she pulled her another fren to join her. :P So, I hv 2 pretty gals in this pic. Kawaii ne~



Then, I saw another guy distributing some kind of pamphlet on the street. He discovered me taking his pic, so he might as well make a pose for me. ;) Not bad looking ler~



Then we came to another workpiece, very good workpiece. Called 'La mappa del cielo' (空の地図, Sora no Chizu). The Map of Sky. I took a few versions for this workpiece.

The above is Sora 1.



Sora 2.



Sora 3.

Which one do u like more? ;)



Inside, has a dome-like workpiece named 'Cassa Armonica' (光のカッサ.アルモニカ, Hikari no Kassa Arumonika).

There were another 2 pieces called Costellazion (光の小星座, Hikari no Koseiza). The Little Constellation of Light. And another one is Sirio (シリウス).

It makes u feel kind of a strange inside your heart when u looking at these artpieces with very light and sad music as background.

We felt hungry after that. So looking for food in yatai that doing business temporarily during the exhibition.



Saw this stall selling Daifuku (大福). A soft round rice cake stuffed with sweet bean jam.



This is the Ichigo Daifuku (苺大福) that I like very much. Wat more, the have my favorite Custard Cream Ichigo Daifuku too. I omost wanted to buy. But 300yen (RM11) for one too expensive. I can buy at least 2 with that price in normal shop.



Then I found my favorite Omusoba (オムそば) (omelette fried noodle). 500yen (RM18), reasonable. Bought one. Nice, but not hot enough. It will taste much better if the noodle was served hotter.



Then, the 4 gals chose one flavour each for Taiyaki (鯛焼き)(A bream fish‐shaped pancake filled with bean jam). 150yen (RM8) for one. We bought Purple Sweet Potato paste, Asian Mango paste, Strawberry Milk paste and conventional Custard paste. I like the Sweet Potato and Mango version more. Strawberry the least, cause too sweet. The pastes were good, but all the 4 pieces pancake were very lousy. Too dry and hard. Oh well~

Even after the yatai food, we felt kind of Chutohanpa (中途半端) (Halway-full). So the gals decided to fill up the empty space in their stomachs in an izakaya (居酒屋) (Japanese style pub). Strongly recommended by Ka Li and Angel. So, here the 4 gals off... ;) Hohoho...

10 Comments:

At 4:02 AM, Blogger ~AnGeL~ said...

haha... char boh... both of us really char boh yesterday nite. Was dead tired in the lab this morning. Can't open my eyes...zzzzzz.. But it was fun wasn't it??! :) Yeah, going again on Monday!! :)

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, Sora 2 has the best color/warm balance. You have excellent shuttle finger, no blurry images, impressive.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Phan said...

Fish fish,

We wish we can have sora like that here too. Guess no one wants to pay for the big electricity bill. :oP

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Angel: Wei~ gal... Yap, I had a great time too. I was very tired too in the lab for the whole day. So turned up nite time escape my aqua aerobic and sleep omost 9 hrs before I was awaken by a delivery man. I guess u know wat did I receive rite? ;) Kyak Kyak Kyak! Finally... :P

cooknengr: Kekeke... thanks Eddie. I was surprised too when see the output of the pics. Cause I didn't use any tripod, and my flash of my came was down. I took around 6 or 7 just to make sure I get the best three. Heee... I like Sora 2 too. Sora 3 a bit too shiny.

Phan: Neither can we see this in Malaysia huh. It seem like part of the maintenance of this Luminarie every year is from the donation of public ler. Impressive.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Reid said...

Hi fish fish,

Yummy! Love taiyaki. The ichigo daifuku looks good too. *sigh* Wish I were in Japan now!

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Reid: Hehe... fish fish is craving for Ichigo Daifuku lately too. Hasn't got chance to eat one yet. Now is the season for it. ;)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Ahhhhhhhhh.. fish, fish... i love all the pictures.. the food too.. make me so hungry now.. :(

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pictures!
the ichigo daifuku is really making me dribble. it looks really nice. ^_^ too bad i can't try it...heh...

winterx

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Mrs Tweety: So, did u eat anything after seeing the post? :)

winterx: fish fish was dribbling too when I was standing in front of the ichigo daifuku. but managed to control myself, too expensive for one like tat. till now, not hv chance to eat one yet this year... *sigh* I MISS ICHIGO MUSUME... the best ichigo daifuku for fish fish.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey.. fish, fish.. :)
I have to eat.. after reading yer post.. or i'll not be able to sleep.. hehehe!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home