Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Chijimi (30 Dec)

Went to stay overnite in Yuriko's place again on 29th nite. Yuriko said her parents wanted to see me. Her father came back from the hospital the next morning. He had a gallstone, need to be operated on the 5th Jan. Hmm... will call tomolo to know how was the operation.

Poor papa... wanted to eat so many thing... but can only eat porridge and veggie.

Yuriko's mama decided to hv Chijimi for lunch. But it was Yuriko who did all the preparation and cooking.



This was the Chijimi flour pack that was used. All u have to do... mix the flour with one egg and water... mix mix mix. Get ready veggie (Yuriko used onion and leek) and non-veggie (Yuriko used prawn, squid and surimi crab stick), and mix everything together. She made 2 versions.



One with mochi (餅)(rice cake) inside. Which is very Japanese.



Another version with kimchi. Which stick more to the Korean style.



After everything was ready, Yuriko started to cook like a chef. ;) Fish Fish wanted to take her pic, she turned away cause she didn't make up that time.



But then mama came in...

"No worry... mama got make up on. Come on, fish fish... take the pic" Kekeke... mama was saying.

Sure it was my pleasure.

Kachak! Here it is. I owez think that even dun put on any make up, Yuriko looks very sweet. Dun u agree?



Mmmm~~ the smell of cooking Chijimi on top of sesame oil was drooling.



It turned into something much more divine when we turned it over. Ai yar~ tak boleh tahan!



Yippie!! Finally it was ready. Oh!! I must say "2 thumbs up" for this Chijimi. Both versions were splendid. The mochi was very good... and the chijimi was splendid. In the end, Yuriko oso put the mochi inside the kimchi version. Made it double oishii!

Dun even know how many pieces I had... many many...

Yap, I'm going to buy the flour pack back to Kuching in CNY to make one for my papa n mama to try then. ;)

Masshu

Masshu was with us all the time. The little adorable of Une's family.



"Mmmm~ my eyes very heavy..."



"Oh~ the cushion looks so soft and nice..."



"Ah ahhh~~~ nite nite everyone..." (Sleep on tatami... shiawase~)

13 Comments:

At 3:35 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

The Chijimi look so nice.. and yummy .. fish, fish..!! i'm so hungry now..!! first read noodlepie.. already so hungry.. now .. ready yer blog.. can die.. I..!!!
The dog is so cuteeeeee.....!! i wish chloe would go to bed like that.. heheheheh!!

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger obachan said...

Oh, I use this chijimi mix, too. I’d love to have both mochi and kimuchi in chijimi :D
BTW, I’m going to Kansai on 16th and 17th this month to join the memorial ceremony of the Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, do Japanese kitchen have real stove with burner...you know, like mine ? Seems like every one cooks on portable electrical stoves

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Phan said...

I will try to look for the chijimi at Uwajimaya. Looks easy to make especially at the minute when dying of hunger :OP.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Mrs Tweety: Kekeke... I hope my next post wouldn't make your situation worse. :P Gomenne... Btw... just imaginecif Chloe 'Konica' with Masshu besides. Kekeke...

Obachan: Really?? Which part of Kansai will you be goin to? I would love to meet up with you if can. I got a presentation on 24th that need to be prepared. Got seminar on 17th. Would you hv any time to meet up on the 16th?

cooknengr: Da Ge, of course they hv. But not every family. More and more change into system kitchen oledi. Using IH cooking system. But fish fish still think the old time charcoal cooking with black wok taste the best. :P

Phan: Yap Yap, very fast indeed. If you work together with Dennis, can serve the meal in 20min. The taste... divine~

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Helen (AugustusGloop) said...

Wow. The chijimi looks so delicious--and so easy to make! This is one of my favourite dishes but I never had any idea how to make it.

I'll have to keep an eye out for this one next time I'm in an Asian grocery store.

Thanks fishfish for enlightening me! :)

And is the omochi pre-sliced or did it have to be chopped up?

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Phan said...

Fish fish,

We watched the 2004 Japan Record Award today and there is this song that got an award. It is called Kana yo, Kana yo. Kana is the chinese character for love. Do you know the full name of the singer? Dennis and me love the song. Too bad my Japanese is very bad. hehe

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

AugGloop: Hope u try to make one in near future. It is actually much easy and simple than u have thought. ;) Btw, slice the mochi into small pieces (no need too small though, but need thin)... easier to cook.

Phan: Hey dear... any further clue for fish fish? Just with this clue not enough ler. The singer, a girl or guy? Quick or slow? When the song was debut? Best if u can tell me the name of the Song... then I'll give u a full info of the singer.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Hi fish fish, the singer's a girl and it's a slow song. "Ai yo Ai yo" is the name of the song. I think it debut in 2004, although not sure.

Thanks for your help! :oD

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Ah, I found the name of the singer. It's Natsukawa Rimi, and the song is "Aiyo Aiyo". I think I can find the mp3 now.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Dennis & Phan!! Now I know who she is. Kekeke... good taste buddy! She is a great Okinawa singer. Her music style is Okinawan. I think you will love her other music too. The Kanji is 愛よ愛よ. But pronounce as Kanayo Kanayo. I think I've heard this one be4, but need to confirm. My junior will lend hers to me next week (this junior of mine of sound quality like Natsukawa Rimi. Lucky fish fish~). Have you ever heard of her 涙そうそう(Nada sou sou)? You should if you haven't. I'm waiting for her golden selection album, hope it will out in near future. ;)

Okinawa is an island with many talented singer. Like Kiroro, Amuro Namie, Hajime Chitose, Orange Range...

Below are their website: Enjoy surfing. ;)

Natsukawa Rimi: http://www.rimi-net.com/disco.html

Kiroro: http://www.jvc-entertainment.jp/kiroro/menu.html

Amuro Namie: http://www.avexnet.or.jp/amuro/

Hajime Chitose: http://www.office-augusta.com/hajime/

Orange Range: http://www.orangerange.com/index.html

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger obachan said...

Hi fish fish,

I think I have some time on the 16th. Will email you with details later.
"Nada Sou Sou" is my favorite! Really wonderful song. I recommend that song to anywone as well as Shimauta (this is not by Rimi Natsukawa, though.)
And of course, I like Matsuken-Samba ;)

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Obachan: Yap yap, shimauta my favorite too. I saw Matsuken-samba in Kohaku. It was nice, first time I listen the song from beginning till the end. My fren, Yuriko likes him very much too. ;) looking forward to seeing ur mail then. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home