Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Hiking in Autumn (23 Nov 04) (Part 1)

I went to a 16km hiking with KPIC on one sunny autumn weekend last year. Today and tomorrow, will be posting bout this hiking trip. It was a nice one. Had a lot of fun. I love~ nature.



We gathered in front of a konbini. It was my 1st time joined this group. Managed to meet with many new faces and have new frenships.

Not going to be much word for this posts... mainly the pictures. So, enjoy. :)



It was season for Shicigosan (七五三), a ceremony for bringing 7 yo gal, 5 yo boy and 3 yo gal to Japanese shrine for praying, to bless the children grow up healthily. We past thru a small Japanese shrine, and saw a few children with pretty kimono having this ceremony.



The weather was so good. It was a nice and clear view from uphill.



This was a family park. At first I thought those colourful things were balloons...



When closer to them, then I realised they were actually umbrella. Geee... I wonder what were they for... But anyway, everyone was attracted by these. So... "cheeseseee". :P



Bamboo bush were making the walking path cooler and fresher.



We then past thru some housing area. Heee... I love this house front gate. Aren't the 2 ducks cute? ;)



For avoiding the hikers to get confuse with the trail, along it, we have green ribbons to tell us whether we were on the correct path.



We oso past thru a small tea plantation. Since everyone was trying to take the pic of the tea, so fish fish oso joined the heat. :P Frankly speaking, I have never taken any tea flower pic in Japan.



It is getting near end of autumn. The persimmon tree has no more leaves on the branches. But the persimmon are in beautiful red orange now. This tree is shibuigaki (渋い柿) (sour persimmon), so not nice to eat just like that. But if processed it into hoshigaki (干し柿) (dried persimmon), it will be a great snack. Yum~~



Our 1st rest was in a small temple. In every Japanese temple, you will be able to see 2 lions statue. One with mouth open... which they called 'Ah'...



Another one with mouth close, which they called 'Un'.

'Ah Un' (阿吽).... The 'Ah' actually is the first letter in Bongo (梵語)(Sanskrit) and the 'Un' is the last letter. So meaning from starting till the end.



It was a great time for nice red leaves... It was even better when the sun was shining brightly... Ah~~



This temple was kind of old oledi. But I like the lanterns... Hmm, I wonder how long this spider web has stayed there.



Besides red leaves, it was a great season for golden yellow gingko tree. Only the female tree got seed... So, this one was a male tree.



Don't know why they put this frog statue on a park... Kekeke, maybe no real frogs around that area. :P



We past thru a few nice rivers. Shallow and swiftly flowed. This one was a really small waterfall.


The houses around this area was actually very nice. Very traditional kind of Japanese houses. Gee... how I wish I can go inside one of them to have a peep.



I was too busy in taking pictures. So kind of far left behind the main group. Decided to walk faster to catch up with them. Felt so relieved when I started to see their shadows again. :P

I like the shadow of this bamboo bush.



The place was actually quite a lot of plantation and farming area. On the way, kept seeing white radish was hanging up for drying. I'm not sure why, must be some kind of pickling process.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm goin to talk about the 2nd part... with a yummy nice tea time. Kekeke...

To be cont...

12 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish ,brilliant pictures. "Ah" looks like it's wearing a pair of dark glasses.

The plum wine, save it for shabu shabu, it's too delicate to be drunk at a messy cajun dinner.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Yuen Li said...

Arrrggghhh!!! 16 KILOmeters?!! Wow, you must be very fit. :)

Hey, drop me an e-mail, would you? There's something I'd like to discuss. Use the "drop me a note" link in my Blog. Thanks! :)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr: Thanks Da Ge. Kekeke... You say one ar~ fish fish will only bring her empty stomach then. ;) Hmmm... messy Cajun dinner? How messy it can get? :P

Yuen Li: I used to be fit. But the 2 months, getting buyon buyon oledi. Arrgghhh~~ must do something bout it when spring comes. >.<

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Kervin said...

Wow envy envy :D Lovely photos and nice hike, Japan sure is lovely, so full of nature, culture and history. Love the trees you took as well as the light hitting the temple lamp. Keep on posting!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger G said...

Excellent photos! Thanks for sharing the views. Food looks yummylicious as usual! I love hiking too but my experiences weren't in such a pleasant and beautiful surroundings :) That was like doh, more than 10 years ago. Now my old bones can't take the stress.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Errr.. fish, fish.. where's the food..???!!!?? ;)

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger ting-aling said...

Fish fish, you are really having the time of your life, aren't you?

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Kervin: Thanks. Hey, my 2nd post just up. Hope you enjoy that equally. ;)

G: Tok tok tok! Hey dear... I didn't see any old lady on ur blog ler... All I see is a pretty long hair lady. Kekeke...

Mrs Tweety: U owez say those food make u die... Hey, even if you are a cat, you can have only 9 lifes u know, how can I let you die so fast ler? :P Btw, just posted the 2nd part with food~

ting-aling: Yap, that was indeed one of the nicest hiking fish fish had. :)

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, that is right, an empty stomach ( I heard you have 4) and a designated driver...or kakak can pick you up later or kun tor kar at D & N's room.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Cooknengr: Kekeke.. 4 stomachs. *blush* Hey, dun worry that I'll get drunk. I'm not an easily drunk type. Btw, I got one body guard with me. Heeeee...

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

Nice photos ar~ I thought the frog was real! Scared me a bit there :p

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Kekeke... now I know what pinkcocoa scared of liao~ *evil smile*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home