Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Kakak in Japan (Pt 11, Nov 4)

Today, I showed my junior on the Doll Fish...

"Ah~ is this Yang san?" she asked without even I said anything yet.

Hohoho!!! I made a good simulation, I guess. Kekeke...

Ok, ok... Kakak time. :P

Tofukuji

Today, we were going to Tokyo with Shinkansen in the evening. That morning, I decided to bring my Kakak to a famous site for seeing red leaves in Kyoto, called Tofukuji (東福寺).



The bridge in this picture is the famous Tsutenbashi (通天橋) (Bridge to the heaven) inside the Tofukuji. All the trees are the Momiji (紅葉, Japanese Maple). Different from the Canadian Maple which the Japanese called it Kaede (楓). Hmmm... just imagine when all the leaves get red at the same time. ;)



There was still a distant walk before we reachedthe main entrance of the Tofukuji. On the way, we saw a yatai selling Yomogi Mochi (よもぎ餅) (a mugwort rice cake). I love~ yomogi. Good chance for my Kakak to try.



Inside got anko (餡子, red bean paste). Though I dun like anko, but this one was not bad. Especially love the mugwort rice cake itself. Very soft and chewy. I only had 2 bites, the rest all finished by Kakak, as usual... Kekeke... Same excuse from her, "Eh! You can eat any other time you know?"... *Yah~ rite*



After paid 400yen per person, we went inside the Tsutenbashi. Beside it, some of the Momiji getting quite red oledi.



Kekeke... Meet the Giant with 3 preys of hers. "Hohoho!!! None can escape from my 5 Fingers Moutain..."



I like this pic of Kakak... So natural... *Of course lar~ see who was the camera gal mar* :P No shame....



It happened we bumped into 2 pretty Kyoto's gals in their traditional kimono. Meet the 3 sweeties. Who do you vote for? Kekeke...



One thing I love bout Tofukuji is the fabulous Japanese garden it has.



Another man-made garden in front of the main hall of the temple, which Japanese called as Hondo (本堂).



It's not June nor July, so can't see any pond lily... But fish fish did feel those yellowish leaves somehow to be attractive.



A very close up on the little small cute plant. Errr... I forgot the name, anyone can remind me on that? Thanks.



Besides real plant garden, another type of popular garden that one will spot in a Japanese temple is this Stone Garden. These stones usually represent the mountain, river, sea and island... This is actually the 1st time I saw this kind of pattern. Hmmm... wonder what does it represent actually.



Ah~ after we got out from the temple. Saw this nice little marroon car. Errr~~ I want to know what brand is it? Any idea?

Then, we moved on to Kyoto Station. Still got a few hrs before we had to take the Shinkansen.

So, we decided to have a late lunch in Capricciosa (カプリチョーザ). Ok, I have showed a review bout it when I went with Yuko. If you want to read, please go here. :)



First, we had one normal size Watari Crab Tomato Cream Sauce Spaghetti. Kakak didn't like white cream stuff, so she wanted to have tomato one. Hmmm... she should really try the cream dishes in Japan... But she didn't want. Oh well~

Overall, this dish was not bad. 940yen.



But fish fish's favorite on that day would be this seasonal menu Mushroom Pizza. We both love~ this one. Very nice... Too bad, it's only for special season. Can't exactly remember how much it is... But more than 1000yen.



Kakak had a pumpkin tart, 420yen. Hmm... though she dun like cream, whipped cream was ok for her. But still, she asked me to finish most of the cream for her, while she have the tart. Wuek! Make me so sick after I helped her to finish it. I'm a typical type dun like to waste food... So if I can take it... I would help to finish the food. *Ai yar~ very dangerous point if I be pro-housemaker next time* >.<

One tip for all of you. In Japan, they have one phrase "Imo, Kuri, Nankin" which means "Sweet Potato, Chestnut, Pumpkin"... to show how strong the passion of Japanese women to these 3 things. In fact, one of my fren, when she was pregnant, she was craving for Kuri so much that she has 2 big packs everyday... o_O And for sure, you will be amazed by the variations Japanese can made out of these 3 things.



Fish Fish ordered a Mango Pudding. Mango + Pudding... 2 of my favorite. Well, definitely much better than the tart, IMHO. kekeke... 400yen for one.

We had a great meal. Still got some time, so I decided to bring Kakak to have a brief look at Kyoto Station... which will be on for tomolo.

Tata.

17 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, did Kakak washed her hand before lunch ?
This you have to figure it out :)

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Phan said...

Fish fish,

I love your Kakak. She is always so happy and sweet all the time. She must have a lot of fun touring Japan.

*Phan is stealing time away from thinking about business stuff :oP*

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Reid said...

Hi fish fish,

Ooooh. I love yomogi mochi too. It's probably one of my favorites. All the food looks so yummy. I'm glad your kakak had fun in Japan with you. =)

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Yomogi mochi looks so yummy! If not mistaken the maroon car is of Daihatsu as suggested by the logo :) SO hungry now after reading ur post! Esp when i still haven;t had dinner yet~

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hihi fish fish,

Lovely pictures again! :) The scenery in the temple makes one feel so serene, don't you think? I especially liked the seeing the leaves of the momiji trees turning yellow and red, very beautiful. The pond and the surrounding greenery are beautiful too.

Julia
www.aromacookery.com

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Kimberlycun said...

somehow i cant help but salivate at the sight of the pumpkin pie *drool* i think the maroon car is a daihatsu?

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger mmulibra said...

FF,

Thanks for your comment in my blog, due to some personal reasons, I wont be able to update it for awhile.

Anyway, we can chat through MSN msger when ur free, you can get my id from Angel.

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, awesome pictures!

letti.blogspot.com

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger timun said...

wooot..nice japanese chick..and of course all the picture u posted.;)

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Love all the food.. fish fish.. :)
Lucky lucky .. i just ate.. haha!!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr: U think her noisy sis would let her touch the food without that? :P BTW, "This you have to figure it out." Fish Fish catch no ball ler~

Phan: Hey dear... no harm to steal some time to rest. You deserve that. Take care of urself ar~ My Kakak, wait till you meet her in person... Hope you dun get stomach ache then. ;)

Reid: Yap, she had a lot of fun. Her only complaint, "I've never walked so much in my life!" Yeah, another yomogi lover. :P

Acrix: One advice for you, come here with your full stomach. Fish Fish not responsible for the grumbling of ur stomach ar~ :P Hey, thanks for the car info. Yap, it's Daihatsu, I recalled the logo liao. :)

Julia: Serene! Brilliant word for describing fish fish feeling when there. I'm sure you will love it when u are there.

Kimberlycun: Kekeke... u r in the same line as my Kakak. Oh, thanks for the car info. You r rite bout that.

mmulibra: Ok. I'm looking forward for ur blog to reactive again. Going to wait patiently. :P Will get ur id from Angel. But hor~ me not doing MSN frequently, very rare indeed, only when frens say want to chat with me on that. Cause my sensei just sit beside me. *sigh* Maybe easier thru au's cmail.

letti: Hello~ welcome. Thank you for the visit. Hope to see you again around some time. I saw ur blog thru BE last nite, tried to leave a message. But dun know why it won't work. Happy to know another M'sian blogger overseas actually.

timun: Hai! timun (it's my favorite fresh vege, :P). Nice to see you here. Hope to see you around again.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Mrs Tweety: Lucky you this time. How bout next time? *evil smile*

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, you read 水許傳 (ai yah missing the 三 點水 on the 許), what did the monkey do on the "5 Finger Mountain" before the Budda put the mountain on the his back ? He buang air on the five finger mountain...see that kid in black shirt...I think he's the monkey : ) ha ha 無聊 !

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Phan said...

Fish fish,

Stomachache! Wow, I really look forward to seeing your sister then. Hey invite her to Portland too. We don't have much good food or places here but we do have great looking guys around here for your sister to drool on hehe.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Da Ge... I didn't read Sui Hu Zhuan. I only watched Xi You Ji. :P Got to read all the oldies next time. Kekeke... good imagination ar u? Hey, tat's not a kid, an old lady lar~

Phan : Thank you so much for the invitation. I would let her know. And for sure, this time she needs to go by using her own money. Kekeke... Well, Phan's good foods and the drooling guys are enough to hooked fish fish's Kakak oledi. ;)

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, Oops wrong book, you are right Xi You Zhi . Eh, I like your Fish Fish Cartoon image,especially the 浸水褲, comes in handy living in Batu Kawa hoh, got banjir.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Banjir!! I was there last year. Terrible!! Couldn't even go home. Have to even sleep in fren's house. *sigh* Let cross the fingers it will not happen this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home