Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Kakak in Japan (Pt 16, Nov 6)

Half day with Fukumoto sensei

We left from Tokyo kind of early as we had to rush back to Kyoto to meet Fukumoto sensei, my Japanese language teacher.

While waiting for Shinkansen in Shinagawa Station, we still got a bout 30 min. Kakak was attracted by the Tachigui Soba (立ち食いそば) (stand and eat style soba). So, we shared a bowl.



Somehow Kakak wanted to try udon, so we ordered one. It was very cheap actually. A bowl like this I think only for 400yen. Surprisingly, the udon tasted better than its look. Kakak love~ it. She keep saying, "Oishii~". Kekeke... that's the most important Japanese word that she remembered. :P

3 hrs later, we were oledi in Kyoto. We met up with Fukumoto sensei. She drove us around for a while to show my Kakak how my school actually looks like.



It was a very sunny noon. See Kakak with her 'see teeth don't see eyes' smile, in front of the main campus of my school.



Kakak n Fukumoto sensei in front of the famous clock tower of the school. Fukumoto sensei is a pretty lady. Her figure still remain the same as 25 years ago. Amazing huh!

Kawamichiya



Later, sensei brought us to a very nice place for lunch. It is called Kawamichiya (河道屋), a shop that is specialized in making soba (蕎麦) (buckwheat noodle). I really like the entrance of the place we went. Very Kyoto style.



2 lovely ladies with their attracting smiles. ;)



I got even more impressed with a great garden that greeted us before we entered the restaurant.



We were led to our table. My my~ yes, we had our lunch beside a great garden like this. Aarrgghhh~ during late autumn time, I believe this garden will be even more splendid.



Not only the scene was so good... The food was fabulous too. This whole big plate was for 3 people portion.



The lady then put the ingredient layer by layer beautifully inside a donabe (土鍋) (claypot).



After that, we added in the soup and waited for the food to boil. Once we opened the lid... the great smell just ssoooossshhh~ into our noses immediately. We oledi get so starving by only the smell...

The taste?? Much much better than the smell. The taste was very mild, and yet... it was a taste that would make one addicted to it. I would say it was one of the best Kyoto hotpot dish that I have ever tried. All the ingredients used were the good standard one.

Fish Fish only unsatisfaction... a lot of things that I couldn't eat... :( which I gave them all to my Kakak. U bet Kakak get a great satisfaction from that.

"Sensei... ho shik... ho shik" which means very delicious in Hakka dialect. Actually this is their common understanding. As you see, Ho Shik (Hakka) and Oishii (Japanese) actually sound very similiar. So instead of saying Oishii... mum and Kakak owez say the word in Ho Shik. Yap, it was my mum who had this idea. :P

Mum even say "Mushi Mushi" (insect) rather than "Moshi Moshi" (hello) everytime on the phone to me. Arent's she creative?

The meats and seafoods were served with some fresh lime sprinkling before eating. And you know what? Kakak even grabbed my lime over... *bad bad* But then, this meal was meant for her... oh well~



After we finished all the food in the nabe, then we added in the soba (front) and the kishinmen (back) inside the soup, so that the sweetness of the soup would be absorbed by the noodles. Kekeke... I filled up my stomach with these CHO. Yum~ Yum~ I especially love kishimen, and this one was a surprise for me. It was thick compare to the normal one, and yes... it was very good, both the taste and the mouthfeel. Very munchy.



Fukumoto sensei even gave Kakak this Saga Nishiki (佐賀錦) purse. Saga Nishiki is a very famous textile in Saga prefecture.



Before we left the shop, I took another last shot of the garden. I love this place, and I'm sure I'll be going again.

After that, Fukumoto sensei rushed for her meeting, and Kakak n me rushed to another venue to meet with another fren for another half day fun.

That... will be for tomorrow.

Tata.

22 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Ur teacher is so nice and sweet to have brought ur sis around and given her some souvenir :) Anyway, the foods look pretty luxurious to me :P

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, learn something new, I used to say Mushi Mushi too. by the way what is your thein fa ho mar ? so next week can "Moshi Moshi" to go eat out with us or did you gave it to D & N ?


Eh, Fish Fish jangan jangan bring back a Ang Mo Lau Kung hoh, because one time my friend, she brought her husband home and the Hakka mother in law served freshly made "Ching Chao liong" because very "nyet" mah. And the mother in law used the same word as Kakak and Mother Fish telling the Ang mo son in law, it's delicious. Guess what ?

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger timun said...

woah..pretty teacher..i hope my uni got such pretty lecturer..lol!!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger guy said...

fish fish.m so hungry seeing all this food.can bring some to me? make me wanna visit fish fish in kyoto n let fish become food guide :)

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you always blog such wonderful pictures!

letti.blogspot.com

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Evil Jonny said...

You make me so hungry every time, Fish Fish!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger annette said...

Great pictures, and the food looks yummy.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

fish fish ar, why u didn't post up photo with u inside? what subject r u studying now?

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Acrix : Yap... sensei is a very sweet lady. She is same age with my mum. Sensei homestayed before at my house. So our family were kind of familiar with her. ;)

cooknengr : Da Ge, will give D n N my Ten Fa Hor Ma tomolo in the email. Get from them ok? Wait for ur mushi mushi. Kekeke... dun worry... I won't bring back an ang mo kia to let them say 'ho shik' in front of him. ;)

timun : She is a pretty teacher. And very sweet and nice too. I must tell her that everyone is praising her. Kekeke...

guy : too expensive for fish fish fly to Aus. How bout you cme to Kyoto, I will be your eating guidance free-of-charge. :P

letti : Thanks dear~

Jonny : As long as u dun tell me u fill up ur starve by having ur nangmyeon again. :P Hey, I hope I have the honour to try it one day.

annette : Welcome~ It's my pleasure. Glad you like them. ;)

wilson : I did post my pic ar. Go search in my post bout Christmas trip in Nagano. I'm studying Food Science, to be more detail, regarding Food Enzymology.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, Flying out soon hoh.

While on the plane...guess the 見面禮.

Hint
1 猜一玩具.
2 Two words
3 looking at all the comments on this section,I see both words were found in this sedtion.
4 You blogged on it.

See ya in Kuching

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr: Hey, is the hint word included inside the comments from me in this post?

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish....errrr....let me see, no desu. Keep thinking... :)

(sorry, I learnt Japanese from Yamamoto San, third generation American born Japanese, so, only limited to Desu kah, arrigator, hai !,,)

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Monyet??

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, ee-eh...not monyet, itu Ang mo not a Ang mo kau .

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Da Ge... is my 2nd guess correct??

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey.. Fish,fish.. :)
I read this a few days ago.. but didn't managed to leave a comment... because like i said... Chloe had been very needy lately.. anyhow.. this is wat i think.. ;)
Your sensei very pretty leh.. ;) and the food.. very yummy looking.. how i envy you .. turning green already.. :)

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

And such a nice gesture.. your sensei.. give purse.. ;) Japanese ppl very sweet one.. i think.. ;) i also got some kinda purse from my co-workers in japan.. when i was there for work.. very nice gesture.. i thought.. ;)

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Mrs T : Hey dear, dun have to worry not leaving any comment. :) I know u owez on... ;) U better rest more, tough work to handle little baby. Yap... my sensei is a very sweet and nice lady. Kekeke... I'm goin to show her wat people made the comment bout her in this post. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home