Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Sweets Paradise 90 minutes!

Geee... it has been a while fish fish didn't do any post on food. So, today I'm goin to make my fingers work hard to make ur all hungry~ :P

Yesterday, I met up with another blogger, Obachan from Kochi. My first meeting with blogger was ~Angel~. That time, we had a great ramen in Tao Men. This time, Obachan and me decided to have dessert buffet in Sweets Paradise, a very famous buffet shop in Osaka. It was 1260yen (RM47) only for 90 min. This was one of the greatest buffet I have ever had in Japan. Super recommended!!



I went to write down the name first while waiting for Obachan. Luckily I did that, cause even with that, we waited for 40 min for our turn. See the pretty sign board? I dun think people can resist such a temptation. :P At least not for fish fish. Kekeke...

It has been many times I past thru this place, but never really got the chance to try it myself. So glad I had it yesterday.



When it was our turn, we were told to buy our ticket from this machine. On the receipt, it was written clearly what time we need to get out from there. They even have a big clock for reminding you how much time was left for the battling. ;)



See the crowd? It was like this all the time. For sure, the ratio of female to male was high. But still, you'll be surprised to see what a good sweet tooth a guy can be too...



Fish Fish started with a plate of sweet things. Surprisingly, all the cakes were not too sweet, and not easily making one satiated. The petite size was just right for those who love to try many different flavours.



After I finish the whole 1st plate, I decided to go for another plate of sweet thing. :P Geee... When I ate this whole plate too... it was just the right time for fish fish to change the sweet taste into salty stuffs.



And so... here fish fish started with 2 types of spaghetti and 2 types of sandwiches. Oso a bit of crouton. I loved the sandwich. Very nice. The spaghetti was the thin type one, which was fish fish favorite.



The 2nd plate of salty stuffs was another 2 types of spaghetti, cream sauce and curry sauce. I love~ the curry one. It was really good. Not the typical sweet type Japanese curry. Even though not spicy, it was good taste. For the 1st time too, fish fish experienced Chirashizushi (散らし寿司) (unrolled sushi) served in dessert buffet. Amazing!! And this one, was great. The umeshiso (plum with perilla) flavour was mixed to the right level.

You can have 2 types of soup too. Fish Fish only tried the corn soup. So so. For the salad, they served vege salad and potato salad.

After I finished these 4 plates, I did continue to get some more stuffs here and there. Dun really know how much I had for that heavy tea time... But I know A LOT! Dun even want to think bout the caloric bomb I buried inside my body. >.<



After a great meal, and I know I dun have to fight with time oledi, started to get my camera to click click here, click click there. Above pic: Layout of different types of sweets.



Different puddings, cakes and oso salads.



Section for salty food. They only served 2 types of spaghetti in one time. But everytime the spaghetti was out, then another 2 new types of spaghetti will be served. So for 90 min, fish fish managed to try 7 types of spaghetti. I would think the Western style spaghetti was more tasty than the Japanese style.



The place oso offered a good series of thirst quenchers. From juice to soft drink to hot drinks. Well, usually for buffet, fish fish mainly have plain water. But had one glass of grape fruit juice as well that day.



To end up my heavy tea time for that day, I had a bowl of fancy ice cream mixed up by myself. :P It was caramel sauce, black honey sauce with conflakes and colourful chips.

Yum~ Yum~

Burp!!

Glad I didn't take lunch... And I didn't take dinner as well after that. Of course... with such a loading of foods into my stomach. :P

Obachan and me went for 1 h karaoke after that. Kekeke... it did help in some sense to make our calories burn a bit... *only a bit~* I didn't dare to sing calories consuming songs that day, scare will hurt my ears. :P Most of the goodie oldies...

I was amazed by Obachan actually. She told me it was her 2nd time into karaoke... hard to believe. O_o She sings well. Can't believe to hear a complete nice singing from her on Emil Chow's song, named Rang Wo Huan Xi Rang Wo You (讓我歡喜讓我憂)... Well go!! Obachan~

Ok... Did I make you craving for sweets now? :P

Tata ;)

16 Comments:

At 2:29 AM, Blogger Evil Jonny said...

Wow, how did you eat so muchhhhhhh?! :-D

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Waoh, that;s really a sweet paradise! THe spag looks good! Hungry~

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger obachan said...

Hi fish fish,
I just got home! Came back to Kochi this evening by bus and went straight to work from the bus stop. Busy weekend! But I really had a G-R-E-A-T time with you!! Thanks for everything :D
I’ll post my photos tomorrow. Too tired now. And I ate absolutely NO cake all day today….

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, what's the difference between the two spegetti ? Looks like the darker ones is wholewheat, betul tak ?

Eh, abs competition is a few weeks, ready or not ?

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes fish fish, you've indeed made me very hungry, and envious too! :P All the desserts look so yummy. Glad to see you've got your appetite back. Very strange of you to start with the sweet stuff and go for the savoury food later, no?

Julia
www.aromacookery.com

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said...

fish fish - it is 3am in the morning here and i regret visit you at this hour. where to find food to fill my stomach at this time? Aiyoh....hungry...

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Jonny: Coz I m a tropical fish with 4 stomachs. Kekeke...

Acrix: Yap... paradise~~ that fish fish would like to go again. :P

Obachan: Taihen otsukaresama deshita. Have a good rest dear. Thanks for the great time too. Waiting for your post. ;)

Cooknengr: Hey, Da Ge... the abs competition, I'm out liao. These lately didn't dare to take risk on my health. :( Btw, the spaghetti all using same pasta, just the sauce are different. Oh, btw, I got the 'Putt Putt~' song for u liao. ;) In casette though.

Julia: That's fish fish thumb of rule in buffet. Cause everytime if I start with salty thing first, I got no more appetite for sweet things, which is really a waste. So my sequence in eating buffet kind of not the same. :P

5xmom: Oops... sorry ar~ Btw, why were you still awake in 3 am? No need to recharge for tomolo is it? So energetic...

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Helen (AugustusGloop) said...

Wow... it must be some kinda of buffet-mania at the moment. I just read pinkcocoa's post on a Japanese buffet and now yours! And both involved time limits (which I've never seen before).

Food looks great and so much variety! Nice pics of the buffet tables (and of each plate too!). I agree with Julia -- my stomach gets very confused when I eat desserts first, but good on you for getting your priorities in order! :)

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Hey fish fish, looks like a good place to get dessert. By the way, where's photo of Obachan? ^_^

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

AusgustusGloop: Yap, I saw pinkcocoa's post on that too oledi. What a coincidence. Hey, if you haven't tried limited time all-u-can eat restaurant... you should. It was fun in a sense it made you feel like a food warrior that time. Kekeke...

Dennis: Oops... now you reminded me. The 2 were too busy with foods and songs... until fish fish forgot bout it. Ai yar~ must remember that next time. Hey, she is a lovely lady. ;) Very nice person.

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Looks like great fun - the ticket machines and time limits seem so unusual to me :)

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

BHR: These 2 things are quite common in Japan. :P But it was actually I see for the first time the machine do issue a receipt. You should try in once when got the chance. ;)

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Fish, fish.. so yum yum.. !! can die already down here.. no good food.. :(
So envious.. :)

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

hey ff
gosh. I would love to go to cake buffet with you! Imagine all the cakes I get to pick. Ohhhh. I am so envious!!! It must have been fun to have 2 girls snapping pics of their food together!! Hey, you have to bring me there if ever I get to go to Japan, ok?

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Reid said...

Hi fish fish,

Ooooh....sounds like you two girls had lots of fun! =P

Hope the cakes were yummy, they look it! I like desserts, but I can't eat too many of them. =(

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Mrs Tweety: Oops... sorry. :P

Pinkcocoa: Ok, it's a deal. Sure fish fish will bring pinkcocoa to eat till she drops in this Sakura land. ;) I'm waiting for you wor~

Reid: Yap, we did. The food and the song. Kekeke... that was the 1st time I actually had so much cakes in one go. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home