Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

1st day back in Kuching... Meow~ (Feb 5)

Helo~ everyone. It has been a whole week I wasn't able to do updating on my post. Well, my cousin caused my brother pc collapsed, and Kakak pc was too slow to do updating. So...

Decided to come into cyber cafe to do my updating instead. Kind of expensive, but dun care. It's valentine... Happy Valentine everyone... :) Well, fish fish remain single again this year. *sigh* The kuching street got stall selling roses everywhere now... Hmmm... these commercial tactics to scratch money, tak boleh tahan (cannot stand).

Ok, hope you enjoy the first posting bout Kuching from fish fish today.

Say tata to KK

Woke up early that morning to catch my flight back to meow meow town.



It was strange to see KK International Airport didn't have much seats for you to seat down and wait for the flights. Instead, it was like a corridor with quite a few shops at one side, and pitifully few chairs on the other side.



When it was omost time to board on the flight, you will see the corridor will be filled up with passengers waiting for boarding.



This was the flight that brought me to Kuching that day.



Hmm... the flight meal was very simple. Tasteless as well. But since I didn't take any breakfast, I hentam (swallowed) everything inside my stomach. It was strange though... considering MAS provide a moderate meal from KL to Kuching, but not from KK to Kuching.

Back to Kuching



I reached Kuching International Airport 1 and 1/2 hrs later. This pic showed the old time looking of the airport.



But in fact, a huge consruction is on to extend Kuching International Airport to make it into the 2nd largest airport in Malaysia. Hmm... ok, let see how long it will take.

The feeling was so good to be back to my home sweet home. The air owez feel fresher. Kekeke... I'm a 101% Kuchingian, ok... :P



This was the welcome back lunch by my mum.



Among them, the old time favorite of mine... midin. I had so much of it. My mum cooked it with sambal style. I oso enjoy bidin cook with Foochow red wine and ginger. Midin is an authentic wild vegetable grow in Sarawak. U can go to mum-mum eat eat to read more about midin. She made a few posts on that. I've never seen this in West Malaysia actually. It used to be so cheap 10 years ago, but now, it has turned into one of the most famous local dish in Sarawak, including Kuching. So the share price oso goes up... Even some of the Singaporeans bought a whole box specially to bring back to Singapore. I remembered when I was young, I like to go into the swamp to get the midin and paku by myself. :P Until whole legs got so itchy... Have fish fish told u that she was a super wild kid when young? Kekeke...



Of course... all to all... I was so eager to meet with my beloved new family member. The little cute monkey of ours... 'Anson'.



See how sweet he slept. He has very curly eye lashes like my Kakak. Heee... no need to perm his eye lashes in the future. People owez thought Kakak permed her eye lashes. She would reply... "Helo~ this is natural born one, ok?!"



Mum was oledi busy with Chinese New Year preparation. That day, she prepared a very huge bag of keropok (cracker) for the celebration. This one was really nice. I just can't help myself but to keep munching on one after one, even though I know it was very heaty for me.



For dinner that nite, fish fish oso ate at home. Mum made my favorite deep fried Hakka Tofu... and oso kacang panjang (long bean) fry with ikan bilis. I missed kacang panjang soooo much... as I can't find this at all in Japan. In fact, most of the Japanese didn't even know what is kacang panjang. Hard to imagine what a great veggie they have missed.

I was a good gal for the 1st day back home. I just stayed at home to have a nice rest. Kekeke... I knew it cause mum didn't do any mumbling that day. :P

Enjoy your valentine today. Muak!!

14 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger letti said...

ah, that reminds me so much of my time in unimas where i flew several times a year from kuching to JB and back. The airport still looks pretty much the same.

Oh, and happy valentine's@

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey..Fish fish,
Happy Valentine's Day.. :) I will not be having such a good day.. i think..coz' Chloe is sick.. and it's 7am here.. and i still haven't got any sleep.. for she is waking up every couple of mins.. :(
Oh well.. the joys of motherhood..??

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The midin looks interesting. I haven't seen anything like that here in SG. Anson looks so peaceful sleeping in his crib! So cute! :) Enjoy the rest of your vacation, and Happy Valentine's Day, fish fish!

Julia
www.aromacookery.com

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

hey ff
Happy belated Valentine's Day!
I miss midin! Oh, you know you can contribute your airline meals pic to Airline Meals.net. This was how I started my food blog ;-)

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger min said...

wahhhh fish fish welcome back to your hometown!!I had a welcome meal also when i reached singapore at 4plus AM..hahah yes AM!!..but strangely my appetite was really good.

Are you back in Kuching for good?

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Seen the vege u mentioned be4 on sale near the ferry terminal at miri :P Normally they r sold by the local at a very cheap price! Never tasted it be4 thou :P

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger guy said...

midin :( my all time fav vege cooked with sambal too :(
me envy u fish fish!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger mmulibra said...

Yup, going back for 1 month. I think Angel is organising some reunion with Monbusho students in Malaysia. Should be a fun gathering :-)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger MunKit said...

the kangkung looks divine!!

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous ST said...

Hi fish fish, happy new year and happy v day. Your nephew is so cute!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

hi hi ff
I don't think I have your email. Was going to mail you about the music meme but I jut found out my email has been going bizarre so whatever mails I have sent were not sent out so I guess I will just have to let you know here.

I know you would be interested to take part in the music meme! See here:
http://tabetai.blogspot.com/2005/02/music-in-my-kitchen.html
I have noticed you have been tagged at a couple of other sites too. Seems like someone is highly popular, hehe. :)

Okie. Can't wait for you to blog more now.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

letti : Hmm... I guess next year when I back to Kuching, the airport will change a lot oledi.

Mrs T : Oh dear... how is Chloe now? You take care too ok. Hug.

Julia : I can look at Anson face for a long time when he is sleeping. He is extremely cute~~~ Hey Julia, next time you got chance, remember to try midin. ;)

Pinkcocoa : Dear~ thanks for the info bout the Airline Meals. I finally done my music meme. :P

min : I just back in Kuching for 2 weeks. And hard to believe, tomolo I'm goin to fly off again. *sigh*

Acrix : It is really good. You must have a try next time. ;)

guy : Hey, u ever tried midin cook with wine and ginger? Yum yum~

mmulibra : Wah~~ urayamashii~~ Have a great time then.

munkit : Thanks.

ST : Thank you. Heee... I'll tell Anson later.

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fish-fish,
Just like to mention that I enjoy your trip, food reports. And your photography skill is way better than the weed nut from sixseal.

Keep up the good stuff.

~Fish-eater.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

~Fish-eater : Thank you for the compliment. Nice to c you here. But hor~ fish eater... a scary name for fish fish ler. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home