Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

CNY Eve's Eve (Feb 7, Pt 1)

Happy Chap Goh Mei!

Oh, today is the last day for CNY celebration. Fish Fish wish everyone Happy Chap Goh Mei~ For gals who are still remain single, u can throw orange inside the river for praying to get a boyfren on this day. I did once before... but I guess my orange been swallowed by a very HUGE fish. Kekeke...

Ok, here is my post starting to talk bout CNY celebration by fish fish on 2005. :P

Golden Arch Cafe

Went to eat breakfast with my daddy on the morning of CNY Eve's Eve. We went to 2 places earlier, close oledi for CNY celebration. Luckily the 3rd one still on, but that was the last day too before CNY. *abunai*



We went to Golden Arch Cafe (金門樓茶室), just beside the 3rd Mile roundabout. Here, they have 2 famous Sarawak Laksa stalls. One is in this Golden Arch Cafe. The another one is at the back of the Golden Arch building.



I ordered one Horlick C Peng (Horlick is a kind of malt drink, C means with milk and Peng means with ice) for quenching my thirst. Ar~ I miss this drink so much.



I ordered a bowl of Laksa Special for Bert Bert from the laksa stall in the Golden Arch Cafe. One bowl of this was RM5. Fish Fish personally prefer this stall than the back one, as the back one a bit too creamy for me. Well, it is just personal preference. Next time you can order both for a judgement by urself. :P Bert Bert was satisfied with this bowl of laksa. He said it was very good. ;) Laksa in Sarawak very different from the one in west Malaysia. Sarawak laksa more to a curry laksa using chicken and prawn as main material whereby the west Malaysia laksa is more like an assam laksa with fish as the main material. For sure, I'm a Sarawak Laksa person.



I owez have my kosong kolok mee (empty kolok noodle meaning just noodle and vege) in this stall. One bowl only for RM1.20. This owner knows my whole family as we are his very long time customers.



I saw this Natural Vegetables Noodles in front of his stall. And so, instead of my old time favorite kosong kueh tiaw soup, I decided to try this new type noodles.



Heee... fish fish kosong vege kolok mee. The taste was not bad. But he somehow made the noodle a bit too andante for me this time. I told the owner later... He said next time I should let him know if the hardness not good enough. Kekeke... I will.

For those of you who are not familiar with Kuching's food... Kolok mee is a famous local delicacy in Sarawak. Different stalls have different way in doing it. But in Kuching, you can find many stalls selling good kolok me. Some even use red char siew oil to make the noodle looks red red. Too bad, I dun have one to show you all this time.



As for daddy, he ordered his favorite, mixed curry rice from the noodle stall too. Bert Bert said the moment he saw this pic, his saliva will start to drip oledi. Heeee... does this pic has the same effect on you??



Outside the coffee shop, I spotted morning glory was blooming very prettily. Ar~~ it made fish fish heart felt more opened too.



Later, I went home and went out with mum again. Mum went to a fren's house to gift her hand-made cake. This pic was her neighbour doggies. See... aren't these little puppies so adorable? The mummy looked at me like an alien. Maybe it was so cautious I might do some bad things on its sweeties. Kekeke...



Then, I followed mum to Sing Chew Coldstorage in Hui Sing area for buying some beef imported from Australia and New Zealand.



While mum busy buying her beef, fish fish busy taking pic of this beef cutting process. It was fun... to see how a very hard block of beef can be separated easily by using this machine. He has a very fast movement.

Mum turned up bought 15kg of beef for CNY cooking.

To be cont...

13 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger G said...

Hey fish fish, you sure had a superb CNY. Your mom's a great cook! All your cooked food photos made me "lau hau sui" and dreaming of Msian food again! Take care :)

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger MunKit said...

busy copying into must-eat-list.. kolok mee

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya fish fish, happy chap goh mei!
oh my... all those piccies of food is really making me dribble. but luckily i just ate...heh ^_^ am really missing all the food!
was over at sixthseal earlier and saw those japanese snack and whatnot you gave hb. makes me crave for japanese snacks, food etc... mmmm.... =) maybe you could send some over to me. and in return i'll also send something from over here...lol... only kidding...=P

winterx

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger guy said...

mee kolok yum yum
and laksa sarawak *drools*
i asked my flatmate to bring back some laksa sarawak paste and some instant mee kolok to aussie for me coz i miss those food...
not as good as the real thing but.. hey u make do right?

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Reid said...

Hi fish fish,

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip back to Kuching and I hope you had a wonderful CNY. The food looks so yummy. I hope I can make it to M'sia next year when I visit S'pore again.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger letti said...

oooo....jasmine says she has several packets of laksa sarawak paste left and i'm trying to "book" at least one..LOL...Oh and i used to go to the 3rd mile market too!!!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger doc said...

I have only one word to say, maybe two : "Blardy potential." Keep us drooling. I guess you are in the food industry.

Thank you!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

ff
I am even more homesick now after reading this post! I miss kolok mee (We say kolomee in Brunei) so much! Actually I like kolok meepok better :p

Didnt know about the orange bit for chap goh mei! My family dont celebrate chap goh mei one.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger obachan said...

I just want to taste everything I see here. 15 kg beef!! Wow!!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

g : Wait till you see her CNY eve fest. ;) Kakak n me will never be able to cook like her. :P

munkit : Hey, dun forget bout the Sarawak Laksa too. ;)

winterx : hey dear, u really want to try? give me your address. I'll try to send some light and small one for you to try. ;) Or maybe if you dun mind, wait till next time we have chance to meet I give you one in person. :P

guy : Yap yap, when we can't get a real one, an instant one oso good enough liao. I should learn to make Sarawak Laksa from my mum next time. She makes a very good one... I can eat 3 bowls in one go. *blush*

reid : And you know what, I think I will visit Singapore next time when I go back to Malaysia. ;)

letti : Ee? The place u stayed nearby 3rd mile is it? 5 years in Unimas, are u in the Medical Faculty? Do you know Kian Peng?

doc : Bingo! I'm studying food science now. Thanx for the compliment. :)

pinkcocoa : Oh dear~ give me a hug. I love kolok meepok more than kolok mee too. Some kuching people use the word kolomee too.

obachan : will let you see later what happened to the 15kg beef. ;)

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger mystic said...

Argghhh, food from home...*sob* reading your blog made me miss Kuching liao especially the big prawn laksa :)~. Golden Arch near my house. Can send me some ah? hehe

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey..FF,
Love the laksa.. but the curry rice.. i donch take roasted pork.. the char siew looks good enough though.. ;)

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

mystic : Oh! Nice to hear from another Kuching meow. Too bad, I'm not in Kuching now, if not, can send the laksa pack to you. ;)

Mrs T : Yap yap, Kuching's char siew is like, though look very red. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home