Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Kakak in Japan (Pt 18, Nov 6)

My sensei banned me from using my pc for internet. He lets me use apple for the time being. But then, apple is really not my cup of tea. Only made me losing my patient. Now, using my junior pc to upload today's post now. Must treat her a good meal once everything is settled.

After a good time in Kiyomizudera, we had our dinner in a kaiten sushi (conveying sushi) called Hakodate Ichiba (函館市場). One of my favorite restaurant in my area... can say fish fish is a regular customer there. :P

I've posted twice bout this place. Please go here and here for reading bout them and oso to know the price. Lazy to write again here. :P Today, goin to post the foods I've not yet shown before.

Actually, this post is a combination of 3 times visiting... 1st time for Patrick's bd. 2nd time for Kakak welcome lunch. 3rd time for Kakak request to go again. She loves~ this restaurant.



This was crab meat mix with mayonnaise.



The restaurant has a very good taste potato salad. Hey, fish fish can make one good potato salad too. :P



Patrick tried one liver mixed with mayonnaise. His expression was 'yark'... He said it was too smelly for him. :P



But he glad he made this choice. Raw squid. He said the squid was very fresh and sweet.



One of fish fish's favourite in this shop. Grated Japanese yam with raw quail's egg. Especially love the feeling of the melting egg and the slimy yam in my mouth blending slowly into something divine before I swallow it. Kekeke... (some of you might have probably 'eeewwww!' when reading this.) :P



Most of the foods Kakak had for both time, I have posted in previous posts. But this, was a new one. It's asari clam soup. Kakak love it... so sweet as she said.



The most expensive dish Kakak had in this restaurant. It is called Jotoro (上トロ). The premium rank of fatty meat of tuna. One plate of this was 630yen (RM23). And with 2 bites, my Kakak finished all. When I asked her, nice or not? Her reaction was.. 'Meat'. *sigh* Once again I am confirmed she is not suitable to be a food commentor. Kekeke...



Ok, I've posted this once. But I think I needed to post this again... Cause Kakak wanted to go back the 2nd time to this shop again, main part was becoz of this pudding. Kakak loves it... fish fish loves it. So do Sylvia. :P Kakak even asked me if it was possible to Ta Pau (take away) back to Malaysia. o_O



With a full full stomach, Kakak memoriable shot in front of the shop.



For the 2nd visit, Kakak finally able to order the crab miso soup that was sold out for the 1st time. She said this one was even better than the asari clam soup. She was surprised by the sweet taste of the crab.

Arrgghh~~ I am omost to the end of this series oledi. There will be another 2 more posts... Then will be a new series back in Kuching. What else... Chinese New Year!! Kekeke...

15 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Blogger ~AnGeL~ said...

char boh, don't u dare tempt me with those nice CNY food while u r back in M'sia ya... else hehehe... u know lar, when u come back i go home... everyday.. i give u "payback"! ermm, on second thoughts mebbe not.. will probably be too busy eating.. cant wait to go back man... have a safe journey and enjoy a good holiday. Happy Early Chinese New Year.. :)

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger mmulibra said...

Yup,

Have a great CNY.. pls think of us when ur having a great feast hahaha..

Gong xi fa cai!!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger timun said...

wah fish fish...the foods that u post looks nice..but then too bad i dun like japanese food lar..dunnu why..i just like to eat the fried fish only..dunnu call wat..hehe..still prefer chinese seafood....:D

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger xes said...

mmmmm im a fan of japanese food..but those raw stuff that u mentioned...mmmm doesnt seem appetizing..hehe

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

~wow~~all the Japanese food look really nice and tasty, I can’t view this before my lunch time it will make me more hungry. Yummy yummy…

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish very "精", even when you are taking picture in front of the window, we still can't see Fish Fish "驢山真面" via the reflection. ai yah...


oooh, someone put one of the 2 words on the comment for this section :)

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger MunKit said...

makes me go all hungry :) those sushi makes me 胃口大开!

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

~Angel~ : Gal~ tempt tempt tempt... Kekekek...U sure know I will do that. :P Hey, I wouldn't be too worry bout u will tempting me back with the foods. Heee... remember? U said u have lazy bugs inside you. ;) But really jealous you will go back double long fish fish time. :( Jelos nya~

mmulibra : Hey, u be goin back too end of this month ar. Go makan makan with Angel some more. Me got no chance for my Pan Mee and Hokkien Mee this time. But I will sure show u all what Kuching foods are. ;)
Especially my mummy home cook one. *slurp*

timun : fried fish? How does it looks like... Japanese got many way of fried fish wor~ Hey, good Japanese foods are really good~~~~ Wait till next time fish fish got chance to proof it to you. :P

i-Xes-i : Hello... nice to see you around. My mum oso dun like fresh thing. But according to my Kakak, she was very surprised how different a taste of raw thing can be by only their freshness degree. In tv, they owez show the Japanese eat on the spot once the fish was fished from the sea. Kekeke... they even bring the soy sauce and wasabi together. Amazing!

Wilson : U know wat? I got comment before that even after they had their meal, after seeing my food blog, making them hungry again. That would mean, eat twice. kekeke...

cooknengr : Kekeke... U will see me very very soon lar Da Ge... be patient. Dun get too scared with my fish look ar~ :P *BIG Warning!* Hey, is it 面具?? U making me headache ler~

Munkit : Yah Yah~ it made my Kakak 胃口大開 too.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey.. Fish,fish.. :)
Very interesting sushi.. i normally go for the normal ones.. not as adventurous as you are..;)
But i love the clam soup too.. very, very sweet.. ;) i saw the clam soup.. and i went.. " CLAM soup..!! i had that before..!! " So country pumpkin right..?? heheh!!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, your headache is gone, 大家拍掌,鼓勵鼓勵. Very fun just like playing with baby N. ( D very boring one,only like to 打人... shhhh).

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Mrs T: Kekeke... not fish fis adventurous, it's Kakak. ;)

cookengr : Wah~ Da Ge... ur quiz very difficult u know... didn't even say if the 2 words are in English, Malay or English... Oso, I've posted many topics... how would I know which one you pointed too. But somehow, when I see the word 面 on ur comment... the next word just come out. Funny huh~ Thanks anyway, curious of what kind of evil look mask you bought then. Kekeke... Btw, I can't get Char Siew for you... I ganti with another type of meat. Can? Now ur turn... guess the meat. :P Hey, D is equally fun as N lar~ Btw, when u got HB hp number, give me too ok? I'm too lazy to write mail get from him... He dun reply email one, seem like...

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish : No hint ? Ai yah, mana 公平, but , from my comments (if you pay attention :) )I'd say meat that I'd want to try from Japan would be Kobe beef. Close ?

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Da Ge... errr... clue is dun think you can get this meat in US. :P

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, this hint very difficult, because if I cannot get in US then probably never heard of it, so no way I can get the right answer. Will think about it on the way, kali kali I buy the same one at Narita :)

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Clearer clue...

A kind of mammal.
1 word in BI, 2 words in BC... ;)

These are the important clue. Kekeke...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home