Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Kakak in Japan (Pt 19, Nov 7)

Lucky Day!

Today, must have been my lucky day. My pc back to normal... thanks to all the help from Yuen Li, KK... and the people in my lab, especially Hayashi sensei. Oso, my other problems seem like gone one by one. If this is the testing for me, yah... I guess it must have been a heavy one to have them all at one time before I go back to Kuching. *sigh* Really glad that they were all over. I even found my hat that I lost in the train today. One thing that I really amazed, the efficiency of Japanese system in handling problem. They found my hat after I did my 2-hr shopping for buying stuffs going back home. I know, tonite... I'm going to have a really sweet sleep. Now really need to pray hard that things getting well from now... and oso enjoy and eat all I can while in Kuching. :P *suddenly appetite comes*

Fish Fish promise once she gets back from Kuching... she will be a very very good student. Try to finish her final year as good as possible. This... she really promise... to herself.

Ok, back to my final 2nd post bout Kakak.

A morning in Uji...

It was the final day Kakak would have a whole day fun before she went back to Malaysia the next day. Liang Chuang (LC) was with us until evening time before she went back to Chiba.

1st half day, I showed them around Uji.



Autumn flowers... dun know why, I have a preference to yellow flowers. Heee...



Kakak beside an open tea house. One can have good Uji tea and Kyoto sweets while enjoying the Uji River beautiful scene.



Sight of the still water of Uji River vs green trees.



Kakak with pretty reflection of colourful trees in the Uji River.



The Uji River actually is greenish blue. Everytime when I walked along this Uji River, it makes my mind very calm. Think about nothing. Watching the red leaves changing slowly everyday when I past thru Uji River, certainly is a very enjoyable thing. In fact, sometimes I get very shock to see how fast the leaves could turn red just in one nite.



LC in front of the Amagase Bashi (天ヶ瀬橋). A very old bridge in Uji. Further upstream, there is a dam called Amagase Dam (天ヶ瀬ダム). One of my Japanese fren actually had his 1st kiss with his wife there. Kekeke...



Kakak n LC in the middle of this bridge. See the old man at the back? Hmm... I wonder what was he doing...



Behind Kakak, is the biggest gingko tree along Uji River. Every year, in its peak time, the leaves turn into really pretty golden yellow. The picture can't really express its real look.



Kakak with the Genji Monogatari (源氏物語) statue. A very famous Japanese old time novel written by a lady writer called Murasaki Shikibu (紫式部).

We were supposed to finish Uji trip by 1hr... but we ended up extended for another 1hr.

We decided to have lunch in Uji before going to the next spot. As usual, I brought them to my favorite place, a place with 280years history... Itokyuemon (伊藤久右衛門) for a good maccha meal. I have posted bout this place here.



An autumn limited edition of maccha parfait came first. Yum Yum~ as usual. But with a better colour arrangement than the normal one.



Oso, my favorite Bavarian cream. The texture is something similar to pudding... but not exactly the same. The maccha jelly of this shop oso one of my big favorite.



We oso ordered one set of soba and rice. It has maccha soba, kayaku gohan (かやくご飯) (mixed steam rice) and a small plate of tsukemono (漬物) (pickles).



Lastly, a set of maccha cheese cake and tea jelly that I oso ordered when came with Yuko.

These 4 things, made the 3 gals full enough to have a much longer walk later.

This shop got very good comment from Kakak and LC.

"Fish Fish lucky you, staying in place that near many good eating places, nice view and fresh air." LC said to me.

:P Not many shops lar~ but I'm satisfied with them. ;) The staffs even can recognite my face. *blush*

After the lunch, Kakak spent another 15 min busy buying many omiyage in this shop.



See... she got a full pack of tea products standing beside a nice noren of this shop.

"Hmm... this must take, to proof I've been here" Ok... another thing for her to show off to her char bor group again.

To be cont... *Last episode*

10 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Blogger mmulibra said...

FF,

You must had spent alot for your Kakak trip in Japan. With so many programmes and especially so much good foods, surely it will cost a fortune. When my mom and gf were here at Japan for 1 week last year, I already spent alot, and we didnt manage to go to as many places as you.

What is your secret for having so much money in Japan? Hehe

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger ~AnGeL~ said...

tell me about it man. i used up all my money man... this one cute... buy, that one nice....buy, oh, malaysia don't have.. oso buy!!!! pokai d... this time around, i dont think i will be buying anymore omiyage home cause bancrupt oredi!!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, that old man camera shy lah, kiang siaw lee one. Let's see if your brother's little monkey does the same when Fish Fish take picture.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger letti said...

OOOO..i love the foood..except i'm on a diet/exercise thing right now for the wedding..hehe

p/s: did i ever tell you i was in kuching for 5 years in UNIMAS? Lived in campus for 2 years at Samarahan, and then 2 years in Bormill and then 1 year behind Saberkas next to the Hospital :)

p/p/s: i'm adding a link to you on my site since i'm here all the time looking at pictures anyway.hehehe..

letti

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey.. Fish,fish.. :)
You've gotta really give it to the Japs for desserts.. ;) they don't only look nice.. they also taste great.. :) goes for the food too.. but food in any part of Japan is quite expensive... and so is accommodation. I could sit at the Open tea house.. and enjoy the scenery for the whole day.. ;)

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MrsT is right! I really gotta hand it to the Japanese for putting so much effort into their presentation, whether it be for food, or gift-wrapping. Even for a home-cooked meal, they'll present the food nicely. They have such a innate sense of aesthetic beauty, don't you think?

Julia
www.aromacookery.com

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Helen (AugustusGloop) said...

Yum! I love matcha!

I really should have brought home some green tea chewing gum and toothpaste as souvenirs--for novelty value of course.

I never saw green tea fests like these. Yum. My culinary efforts are no matcha for yours ;-)

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Saffron said...

Heheh, I agree with LC. If I lived where you live I won't even study, just eat the whole day only. :)

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

mmulibra : Hey I get the same amount of money as u ler~ remember? :P If I told you my bank now only got 5 figure left, u believe me or not? It's true, I'm not telling lie. One of my fren told me before... either u want to save a lot of money, or have a lot of fun... I chose the later. ;) Oso, I believe another concept... money that go will come again... you can't bring it to the hell... but I do make saving for urgent time. Only that these few months situation make me kind of difficult to do so. *sigh*

~Angel~ : Hey gal... u know fish fish is no better than u in controlling myself spending money. You sekarang cakap tak mau beli omiyage... wait and see ar~ kekeke...

cooknengr : Oh~ gee siaw lee ar? But I didn't put him on the public... Oh, maybe I did. :P

letti : No dear, u didn't tell me bout u were in Unimas 5 years... but I knew it from ur blog. Kekeke... so u must be kind of familiar with Kch ar~ Wait... I'm goin to post a lot of CNY stuffs from Kch. ;) Hey, good luck for becoming a cute cute bride ar~ dun forget show fish fish your Xing Fu look then. Thanks for linking me. Me will do that later... Usually added new links in one go. Lazy mar~ :P

Mrs T & Julia : Yap Yap... the way Japanese present foods and present really very artistic. I owez amazed when see how fast they can wrap one simple thing into very elegant looks in seconds. But then hor~ another thought... where does all the charges gone? Into our pocket u know... dig dig dig from us... *sigh*

AG : Did you know that they have green tea detergent now? I'm using one. Very nice~ The smell is fabulous. Hey, I am very appreciating ur efford in telling us bout eating news in Aus... Really~ They are good posts to fish fish. ;)

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Saffron : You know, in Japan... foreign students have 2 trends... either putting a lot of weight or losing them a lot. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home