Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

One day in Kota Kinabalu (Pt 2, 4 Feb)

It's CNY Eve today. Mum is busy cooking in the kitchen now. We are going to have reunion lunch. Then later, will go up to Serian to help my mum to get some nice foods from grandma... Kekeke, 2nd round reunion dinner then.

Ok, going to finish my KK post today.

Universiti Malaysia Sabah

In the evening, after the Philippino Market, Andy and me went to UMS.



An evening view of the main entrance of UMS. The far behind dark buildings are the UMS Canselori.



We went up to the highest students dormitory to have a view of the whole UMS. Too bad a bit foggy, so couldn't see Mount Kinabalu.



Andy's favorite canteen. He said the hygiene standard of this one was better. The canteen was very empty that time, as the students all went to attend their lecture oledi.



Does this look like a hotel lobby to you? Kekeke... it was the UMS canselori lobby.



A close up look at the outside of the building.



And if you go to the middle of the 1st floor, you will see the building was exactly in one straight line with the main road to enter the university.



Before we left, saw a lecture hall was having class. Very carefully I tried to make a snapshot. Tang Tang!! Not too bad huh... Reminded fish fish of her UKM's life so much.

We then finally got Wai Wai after failed to connect her for the whole evening. Man~ how glad I was to be able to meet up then. I bising her to treat me makan. :P

Wai Wai, Andy and me went for a late dinner first.



Three of us each had a nice glass of cooling tea. I forgot the name, though Wai Wai have told me a few times.



Andy ordered 2 plates of Fried Kueh Tiaw. Mine was the vegetarian version. It looks good? But the taste was only so so, a bit too mild. I had to add many chili paste to increase my appetite.



The place that we went was in Damai. They had this very famous kaya and butter roti (bread) there. Andy bought a few for us to try. Mmm~~ I would say I love the bread. So fluffy... yap, not hard to understand why this simple thing captures many hearts. ;)



Wai Wai ordered century egg porridge. It was a big bowl. But seem to be too empty with filling. So, Wai Wai and me stared at the porridge with a suspectful look.



But hey! We were wrong. It tasted much better than its look. Just the other way round with the Char Kueh Tiaw. I dun eat century egg... surprisingly, this one was acceptable. But I had a little only. Let Wai Wai had more of the egg as that is her favorite. :P



Hee... Wai Wai with her sweet smile... Sweet ler~

And Andy with his shy smile... must have been very nervous that time. Kekeke...

After that, we joined Wai Wai's frens in Legend for karaoke and celebrated her fren bd. Wai Wai n me sand a medley... Colours of the Wind...

And then... Fish Fish gone like wind... Phew~~~

Meow Meow is up tomorrow!

9 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Yum, yum.. century egg congee.. :)
Gotta remember to buy some century egg the next time .. i'm in Halifax. Yay!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger letti said...

ooo that just gave me the idea to cook char kuay teow for reunion ( blah, only me and david ) dinner

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger mmulibra said...

I will be back to KL for CNY from 19th Feb - 18th Mac :-)

 
At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing travel blog!! :) happy new year fish fish!

munkit

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger obachan said...

Hi!
Looks like you're having a great time there. I really would like to try the egg porridge.

BTW, I tagged you to continue the music meme. (See the latest post on my blog.) Looks like this is something that people have been playing along for a while. Hope you don't mind...Maybe it was a bad timing when you're probably busy posting about CNY? Sorry....but I just couldn't resist the temptation to get you in this thing...

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger timun said...

wah....i think compare to japan's food u post to this KK food...i think japan's look more nicer lar...:D

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Hello everyone, sorry for my late reply. Been difficult for me to do online to have enough time to update my blog. Tonite will go to an internet cafe to do so. Please wait ar~

Mrs T : Halifax? Where is it?

letti : Did you cook the char kuey tiaw for reunion dinner at the end?

mmulibra : 1 month?? Hey, now I'm really jealous on u n angel liao. *sigh*

munkit : Happy New Year to you too... hope I'm still in time to say so. :P

obachan : Thanks! Hey, been very difficult for me to updating my blog. Long story why I can't. So, even more impossible for me to read blogs lately. I think I will have to go to the internet cafe instead.

timun : Heeee... the 2 places foods are different mar~ ;)

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Kervin said...

Hihi wow you managed to see in a day what took me months to go through XD Yeah UMS looks nice but underneath it is a bit crappy esp the administration. Exterior looks good. Damai yeah happening place XD X bother finding good char kuey tiao, not one single dish can compare with Peninsular. Seafood is good though. :) Hope you enjoyed the place.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Kervin : Too bad it was only a glimpse for the places. I wish I can have a deeper look at them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home