Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, March 07, 2005

CNY 4th Day (Feb 12, Pt 1)

TAHI!! April fool been coming too early this year. Wanna know why, click here and here, then here and here. Anta futari... SAITEI!! Chiak Ba Guei Tao Eng!! Demo tanoshikatta!! Kekeke...

Ok, me back to my post now. Aarrgghh... somehow today heavy head gone. :)

A day in grandma's place

Usually, when the rats getting married during the night time of CNY 2nd day, that day time oso women go back to their own home to meet papa n mama. However, it is impossible for my mum to do so as she has to stay at home for the 2nd day. My mum goes back Niang Jia (her own family before married) every year on the 4th day.

4th day is oso the day for welcoming the prosperity god. So mum is killing 2 birds with one stone.

We departed from home before 7am. Within 40 min, reached my grandma's place. I was so hungry, so get a pack of instant noodle to cook. Mum couldn't wait oledi, she wanted to get waiting number early. So, she just ignored me and went to the Ji Gong temple by herself. :P Ok, I'm not a good gal for that time, grrrring stomach conquered my mind. Sorry yar~ mummy.

But then, within 5 min, I gulped my noodle... then rushed to join her.

"Hui, slow slow eat... no good to get choke you know~" Grandma oso worried see me like that.
So, what did I do when I reached there? Nothing.

So bored... until taking some nonsense pics. :P



Like this bougainvillea. We call it Bunga Kertas in Malay, meaning Paper Flower. But a teacher told me before the flower itself is actually an evolution from the leaves. Cool~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Kekeke... can figure out what is this Dong Dong? It was actually the centre of a rotten papaya tree. :P

Yippie! Mum got her number. Number 8, still a long way to wait. So, we decided to go out with grandma n uncle for breakfast (kekeke... my 2nd round). :P

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We went to the most famous Chinese cafe in Serian pasar. It is called Sing Kong Cafe. My 1st time there. Even it was CNY 4th day, many people were having meals there.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We ordered a few bowls of Kolok Mee for the kids. Well, this is a version without the red red char siew. Kuching people usually call this kind of version Qi Liao, meaning with fresh ingredient. Usually will have prawns, but not the one in this shop. Only the pork and fish ball. Well, the noodle itself tasted not bad.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then, Kiu Kiu (hakka way to say uncle of maternal side) oso ordered a few bowls of Ham Moi (literally means salty porridge in Hakka, but actually it means porridge with assorted ingredients inside). I like this porridge. The look was quite plain, but the taste was great. A very good bowl to start a day. Inside the porridge, you can see mince pork ball, pork liver and some vege for decoration.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The final thing that came was this Bak Kut Teh. I noticed something, Chinese restaurant in Serian like to use a lot of pork ingredients for cooking, including the internal organs. Now I know why I can owez see so many pork cookings in grandma's place liao. I tried a bit of the soup. Not bad, but not my type, too oily for me. But from the order made by the customers, this dish definitely was the most popular in the shop.



Meet my 4 little sweet cousins. ;) Sit : Ting. Stand left to right : Seng, Danny, Damon.

With a bloated stomach, I guai guai followed my mum to the Ji Gong temple again this time. No excuse could give oledi...

Mum wanted me to do some praying. So I did. And I was free again... :P Think you all know what I did for the next then.

What else if not taking pictures...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was the little 'temple' we went. A very famous one in Serian area. Kekeke... see Bu Bu (my grandma's doggy), so good boy, waiting for us outside. And Damon, was wheedling with his daddy. Mum was further behind with red shirt red pants.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Burning joss sticks and the Pak Gua (a symbol of Ying and Yang) sign on the red red wall.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Outside the temple, spiral joss stick was hooked on the ceiling... round and round it slowly burnt.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was a good timing. A red dragonfly suddenly flew near me. I was just in time to take this shot before it bye bye again.

Nothing else for me to do there. So, told mum wanna get back to grandma's house. She asked Bu Bu to be my body guard. Kekeke...

Bu Bu actually so obedient, did what my mum told it.

At first, we walked slowly side by side... while enjoying the scenery around. Suddenly... heavy rain came in... Wah~~~ I ran and ran and ran... with my high heels... Bu Bu saw me run, oso started to compete with me. Ok, I lost a horse nose to Bu Bu. It was really fun.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Rushed to the backyard. Saw grandma was dressing a kampung chicken.

Grandma : " Go in now. Rain liao~"

We had a great lunch time (that was 2 hrs after my breakfast). Yabai!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Just when we finished our lunch, grandma's neighbour brought a big plate of pisang tanduk goreng (deep fried horn banana) for us. Aarrgghh... if only she brought them before lunch. My stomach are too full to take much more things. But the temptation was too strong...

So I jump jump move move my stomach to spare out some more space just to fill in one more piece of this pisang goreng.

Oh~~~ it was divine. Fly fly high up to heaven...

Ah~~ I miss this pisang goreng again. *sob sob*

Later, I went back to Kuching earlier with Bert Bert, to get ready for Mardi Gras party.

Yeah!! Party time will be up tomolo. ;)

9 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Blogger MunKit said...

wahh pisang goreng!! long time never eat already :)~) salivates tonite wanna go buy some n eat

anyway jap flowers are prettier than malaysia ones ahhaha

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

MArdi Gras party? What's that? Anyway, izzit true that hakka love to eat salty foods alot?

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, 大哥怎麼還沒出場 ? seems like he bugged Fish Fish everyday :)

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blogs. Im an american but reading your blogs make me feel like im in Malaysia. Sometimes when Im having a bad day reading your posrs cheers me up.
Thanks
Jay

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous mrkiasu said...

so many the many the many yum yum food one.Wah, chinese new year already over liao leh.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With neighbors like grandma’s, who need relatives, arrrhhh.. I mean cooking!

I actually have auntie of some kind in Serian and had visited there couple of times many years back. It is really a very nice and friendly and down-to-earth pass-through town, my kind of town.

Fish-Eater

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

You lucky gal you .. Ff .. :)

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Yuen Li said...

Argh! I really should stop visiting your blog - it makes me hungry! It's gonna get me fat! :p ;)

Kidding, hehe. ;)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

munkit : Eh, did you take any pisang goreng last nite? U think Jap flowers prettier because they are rare in M'sia mar~ ;)

acrix : Kekeke... Mardi Gras in Europe different from the US. Which one you ask? :P Hakka oso got many sects, like my mum's side more to salty taste, but my daddy side more to sweet side. I remember my gradma on my daddy side like to add sugar in dishes but mum's side, soy sauce. :P

cooknengr : 大人物登場了~~~ ;)How's your first debut?? Nice or not?

Jay : Your comment really delighted my day. Arigato!! :) Hope you continue enjoying my posts.

mr kiasu : I am well-known with posting long overdue stuffs. :P Cause I'm not kiasu. *just kidding*

Fish eater : Yap, serian is a good place. Friendly people. I like to visit the market, but didn't have chance to do it this time.

mrs t : Yes I am. :) Owez feel grateful for that.

Yuen Li : Make you fat? I dun think so ler~ Not so easy one. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home