Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, March 07, 2005

CNY 4th Day (Feb 12, Pt 2)

My sorethroat still not fully healed... and last nite Wai Wai oso said her throat feeling not well these few days. Kekeke... my virus spreaded thru the cmails to her. :P

Anyway, these 2 Char Bors, even though throat no good, voice sounded like frog, still able to talk in the phone for half an hr. Kekeke... Oh, btw, it is 38 婦女節 today. Happy day to all the XX!!

Saw in guy's blog talking about Mardi Gras in Sydney. What an conincidence, cause I'm going to talk about Mardi Gras in Kuching today. Go and figure out what the difference between the 2. :P Must go to the one like in Sydney next time too.

A big thanks to Eddie for hosting the party. Really glad I went. (Oops, Da Ge~ sorry for the delay, only now you starting to appear on my blog, going to be alot indeed for the coming days.)

Bert Bert n me reached the party place around 6pm. Wena from mum-mum was oledi there. Her blog was the 1st blog I encountered when I hit in Yahoo to find Kuching's food when I was terribly home sick. Then, I just fall in love with it. So, I was actually a bit nervous the first time meeting her face to face. Kekeke... It was her blog that I started to know what is 'blog' means... When I've just discovered her blog, I read for 4 hrs continuously to finish part of the archieves. Eventually, I was inititated to write something bout Japan's food in the beginning... And now? I'm a bloggoholic fish. Yabai!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Eddie the chef. Kekeke... it's his style to post a cool look in his blog. :P But hor~ I got quite a number of your nice smiling faces... Can I reveal them? :P

This was actually oledi our 3rd meet. First time was in Bing! 2 days before CNY, for only 10 min, to get something from him. The 1st thing he said to me was,"Geeee... u look like the doll fish." :P So my doll simulation was not too bad.

2nd time, brought Bert Bert to eat tiramisu. He was busy with his frens. So, we talked more to Doreen and Ann rather himself. :P Oso had a great time with Nikki.

Without realising that, the frens that I met the most during my stay in Kuching was Eddie and Ann. Now thinking back, hey, we omost met everyday ler~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wong's new house in Kuching. Things have been set up for the party. This picture was taken by Bert Bert when I went out to makan angin with Wena n Ann to pick up frens.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another pic by Bert Bert. Geee... I like the 2 faces in front of the gates.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Kekeke... after the chef busy finished his work... he changed into a fresh look with his party costume. Eddie and part of the food he prepared. The local tomato was very sour, but somehow it got me hooked. Even with an ulser in my mouth, I still able to eat a few pieces of it. :P I'm not good in taking salty food, but I love sour and spicy...

That nite I enjoy the most the soup and the bread pudding. They were nice~ Too bad, no pic to show. My camera was kind of bad that day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

:P All the different shape of women boobs... Eddie wore this t-shirt everytime for the party. He got scolded once by an old lady for wearing such a t-shirt. He told me in New Orleans, when people throw beads at you, you will have to show you boobs to them.

I still think you are kidding, rite??

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pic by Ann.

The 3 blinking monster bloggers... Kyak kyak kyak!! Left to right : Eddie, fish fish and Wena. Wena is a very sweet lady. When I saw her, I got attracted to her anna sui specs. Hey dear, it looks good on you~ ;) Hope next time if I go back, we can have a longer time to chit chat. :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pic by Ann.

Eddie with his old school mates when he was still in 10th mile. Hmmm... old time frenship is very precious huh... Btw, I forgot which one is KK liao ler~

After that, I need to went away to meet KI. So, I left Bert Bert there to be with Ann... he wanted to talk to her more about his future. :P Me? Went to a karaoke place to sing a song with KI, chat with her for some time, and came back to fetch Bert Bert again. Aarrgghh~~ has been a long time didn't do any medley with KI. Instead of 周蕙 called 不想譲你知道 that we owez sing together, I requested for 萬芳's 新不了情. It was a great nite with her.

Later, KI's sister wanted to follow me back, she knew her sis would be much more late. So together with Khee Moi (KI' sis), we went back to fetch Bert Bert.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh, seem like they have 2nd round for the party. Mostly left the crazy hearts. Kekeke... see Winston (the guy with white man printed black t--shirt)? Dun know how drunk he was that time. But the others told me he is a strong drinker. That was the 1st time I met him... He was a really funny guy. Be with him was such an enjoyable time. Coincidencely, he is Doreen's close fren aka Wena's colleague. Small world~

The sexy lady on the most right is Doreen. Eddie's sister.

We enjoyed the vege stick and dippings... yum yum~~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pic by Ann.

Meet KI's sister, Khee Moi. Do they look alike? I was very shock to see her yellow hair. Where is your long black silky hair ar?? Guess how old she is? Hehehe... another collection of Bert Bert with the gals. :P

KI name ends with 桜 (sakura)... KM name ends with 梅 (ume). So, not difficult for you to guess their mummy likes flowers. ;)

Errr~~ Bert Bert's beads look weird on him... Ok, have to admit I'm still not getting used to see guys with beads. :P

Thanks so much again Da Ge~ for the great party. Otsukaresama deshita!! Now, your turn to do the report. :P

19 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger MunKit said...

fish fish.. how large is the size of your memory card? 1GB? so many photos you took during cny! ahah.. nice pics anyway lurve them esp the japanese! :)

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger guy said...

new orleans mardi gras is nothing compared to sydney.in new orleans, nudity is not an issue.in sydney it is.
oh yeah.. if u throw beads they are obliged to show their boobs.
in new orleans of course..

 
At 4:01 AM, Anonymous mrkiasu said...

who is the person with the cooking hat one? Who, so yau yeng one.. Is he making pau, is he?

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish: You really got the smiling Engr ? Must be the drunk one, it's OK to post.

KK is on the far left.

The tomato's were Fried Green Tomato a classic Souther food, just like the movie a few years ago.Since I figure I could never get perfect vine ripen tomato in Kch, Fried green tomatos would be the good. Cooked in bacon grease, it's supposed to be sota tart, sour and tangy.

Hai yah, nobody got the food pictures, even N forgot to take pictured of food.

anyway it was seafood gumbo, Jambalaya, beer boiled shrimps, BBQ pork ribs, fried green tomato, fried okra, fried fish, fried shrimp, bread pudding with whiskey sauce, King's cake, Cajun Hurricane

btw,in New Orlean Mardi Gras is not a alternative life style party. It started out as a celebration before religious ceremonies,somehow evoled into a large drinking party. The Sydney theme is kinda underground as we are here in US certain life style is not accepted by the general public.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Saffron said...

Fish fish, I see your CNY so happy, I also happy liao. Envy only la, heheh.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger drstel said...

ACKK! still no photo of dear fish fish...wow that was a great party.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Jasmine said...

Actually, in New Orleans, it's more like if you want beads, you have to show your boobs :P. One thing about Mardi Gras is to get as many bead necklaces as you can.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey..Ff,
Glad you had such a good time.. ;)

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The end of Asian civilization is nearing and I can just see it before my eyes. First the rap which the American mainstream tries to shy away, but the Taiwanese and Korean thought it is the best things ever been around in history, the Japanese goes even further by embracing it with Afro, now the Mardi Gras, we love street culture, don’t we?. Fish-fish, isn’t it sharkingly scarry?

By the way, the French quarter in New Orlean is basically a red-light area where the Mardi Gras, an incarnation of the Brazilian carnival, becomes popular, understandly with much sexual undertone along with objectification of female. FYI, the boobs hanging on the first-floor balcony in the French quarter are actually for sales also. Sighhh!! I’m feeling better now.


Mainstream-Fish (previously Fish-Eater)

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I live close to New Orleans and must say its quite an experience to see Mardi Gras here. I wasnt aware that Malaysia took the time to celebrate it.

New Orleans is now filled with women flashing their chests, men dropping their pants, and creepy old men with digital cameras.

Still enjoying your blogs. Thanks for the little bit of cheer today.
Jay

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, malaysians don't do mardi grad party. We(The Wongs) picked the theme(the timing was right, feb) to throw a party! ~blackwidow

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

munkit : One 32MB, two 128MB and 1 256MB. :P Oi~ got no Japanese in this post of mine wor~ But I did take many many pics. Have to burnt into a CD for reuse again my memory card. Next time, I think have to bring my notebook with me liao.

guy : Geee... thanks for the info. U seem to be familiar with this Mardi Gras thing huh~ :P Me have no idea before until Eddie told me.

mrkiasu : That yau yeng guy is Eddie. Nope, he's not making pau. Go to his comment (cooknengr) to see the foods he prepared for that day.

cooknengr : Da Ge~ I miss the gumbo and whiskey bread pudding. Next time you make again for me ar~ Not that I don't want to take the pics, you know my camera very lousy at nite. Let hope Wena did take them... cause I saw her taking pics on ur foods. ;)

saffron : That is very sweet of you dear. Thanx.

drstel : can wait until I graduate? :P

jasmine : Kekeke... ic ic... well dear, I dun need the beads. :P

mrs t: Arigatou. :)

Mainstream-Fish : Ok, now I have one more place to go and see when I go to New Orleans *write down*. Btw, what do you mean by when you say "Sighhh! I'm feeling better now..." Fish Fish a bit confuse with this quotation ler~. :P

jay : Thanks Jay. Will those scenes can be seen too in July?? Btw, Malaysians dun celebrate Mardi Gras... as explained by blackwidow. ;)

blackwidow : Oi~ Char Bor... u put up your album oledi?

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was fun seeing another pic of you. BTW, nice pic, plus the previous one of you in a dress was, also, nice and the other on Engr's web. For all we know, you've already showed us yourself as another person. The mistery (sp.) and suspense goes on. -lance

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Lance : I dun think I got pic on cooknengr page yet. :P However, interesting comment you have here. "Showed myself as another person". Kekeke... hope I will be represented as someone different again in the future. ;)

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fish Fish,
Oops, must have been another person's blog and not cooknengr. Three of you were sitting on a bench. You were in the middle with your face hidden by a magazine or something else. Unless, I'm all mixed up and it was someone else and not you. -lance

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Lance : Kekeke...that was me in sixthseal.com... with a Giant pocky... U didn't remember wrong, just mixed up liao. ;)

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wheew, what a relief. Thought I was losing it. Little mixed up, ok. -lance

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous catscity said...

wait a minute..
Wong's house?

i went there on chinese new year!
ahhahahahahhaha

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

catscity : o_O Oh... you went there to Bai Nian with whom? Did u join this party too??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home