Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Kubah National Park (Feb 18, Pt 2)

>_<" I went to take my 2nd time driving test, and I failed it again. Hmmm... going to retake again tomolo, or even tomolo's tomolo... Until I pass it. Ok, that's all I can reveal for my test for the time being, I'll write a detail story on that once I can open a champagne and kanpai. Wish me luck... I really need that. Ok, continue my Kubah National Park from Pt. 1.



The 2 towers finally laid in front of us, after a slow and steady 2 h walks. The sun was very strong that time. That's where I got my sunburnt.

"Wow!! Fish Fish, that day when saw u in canteen, I was shocked to see how carchoal you are." Kan was telling me this a couple weeks ago when I had lunch with him.

Hmm... I just wonder did I look that burnt that time? Or he was just exaggerating it. *bleh~~~*



Eddie spotted this pokok malu-malu (sensitive plant). Its scientific name is Mimosa pudica, a native plant of Brazil, but is widely found in tropics of Americas, Africa and Asia. Pokok malu-malu is remarkable due to its Nyctinastic and Seismonastic movements. In the evening, Nyctinastic movements will make the leaflets fold together and the whole leaf droops downward until sunrise.

The above picture shows an undisturbed pokok malu-malu with the leaves nicely open wide.

However, after we did a light touch on the plant...



Due to its Seismonastic movement, our actions caused the leaflets to fold together and the whole leaf droop downwards temporarily.



One type of climbing plant that I found beside a small longkang (drain). Eddie was more interested with the longkang itself.

Eddie :"Fish Fish, hey, we can do water boarding down to the hill with this long longkang!"

Fish Fish :"Oh no, you're not... before u get to the downhill, your bum will blooming like flower oledi!"




This was a nice red berries tree. So red... very drooling. But... I have to quit the idea of eating it. Man~ this jungle kept challenging my appetite that day.



Oh~ see this lovely arthropod? I was trying to figure out if it is a millipedes or centipedes. Quite a long one, around 12 cm. Hmm... any of you can confirm that with me?



We had a good view at one small flat viewing point, before we made our final climb to the highest point we were allowed to reach. Even though the sun was very shiny, it didn't get rid of the thick fog.

We reached the point after a short walk up. :( It was so foggy that we didn't get to see the splendid scene from there.

Bert Bert and Ann still not yet shown up. I managed to persuade the guards to let me go beyond the gate to take some good pictures. But still, not much help, cause the fog was still there.

Anyway, thanks a lot Mr. Guards, for your kindness. Eddie, the good man, didn't want to pass the gate like cunning fish...

"Well, they said it's against the rule, so I dun want to break the rules." Hmm! He just wore on his raincoat, and sit outside the gate... silently waited for me to break the rules. *bleh~~~*

But hey, Da Ge, you did go beyond the gate later, right? Heeee...



A combination of strong sunshine and thick fog in the jungle. The last time I came, I was good luck enough to have a very clear view. It was like a very beautiful artpiece... made me falling in love with it at first sight. *sob sob* My love, I can't see you this time~

Finally, the 2 city cats caught up with us. Man~~~ they looked really tired. Ann kept saying she's very hungry, and keep asking us for food. Poor gal~ she nearly wanted to go down in half way, but Bert Bert didn't want to give up, so he dragged her up.

You should see Bert Bert that time, he was like just got a heavy splash by someone. OMG! His 男孩味!

Eddie? A piece of cake for him lar~



Big leaves plants... one of the typical feature of some rainforest plants. And yes, I love to see big leaves. Definitely so different from seeing pine trees.



We took a couple of pictures before we heading down again. It was very cloudy and quite grey... but the air so fresh.

On the way down, Ann and Bert Bert somehow started to apart from us again. The 2 of them was like running downhill.

"Bert~ dun be silly! Running down like this... Tonite you dun complain to Jie Jie you pain here pain there ar~" I warned my little cousin.

He didn't listen to me. Ok... wait and see.



Eddie and me once again started to look for something we might have missed out during the climbing up. I noticed a fun growing pattern of young shoots. They formed a mirror reflected "S". S stands for.... errr... SPIDER~, SNAKE~... woo hoo!!



And yes... we were lucky to encounter with a few big spider. I'm not really sure what kind of spider were they. However, Eddie called them "Blackwidow". Kekeke... Doreen, ur Tai Kor miss you.

It was amazing to see this nicely built big spiderweb. See the "little spider"? It was actually quite huge, about the size of my palm.



I found another smaller version spider. This was my favorite picture on that day. Now Doreen dear, how do you like this "Blackwidow" then? Specially dedicated to you. How I wish you joined us that day too.

One doubt about this spider... was that the old shell of the spider, or the empty shell of its prey? Do spider change shell like cicada??



Snake!!! We wouldn't be able to see this very precious moment if not because of Eddie. TQ so much! Yes... once again, he managed to spot this very rare scene. I was so excited... Errr... should say, Eddie, Ann and me were so excited. But Bert Bert quite worried for us. This poor little snake was in a hard task to finish up its meal while keep a very high awareness with these 3 weird Homo sapiens. It was actually the first time I witness how a snake eats its prey in live show in a real nature.

Cool~

The snake was very thin and flat, but long. At least 70cm from head to tail. I named it "tape snake". :P



This was another close up look of its face expression. Wasn't it cute? Like giving you a ^O^ smile. Click here to see a series of picture of the swallowing process in Eddie's page.

Besides this, we were oso managed to see salamander (a type of amphibia), too bad, it moved away too fast for us to take a photo.



If you are thinking to explore the park in the night time too, maybe it would be a good idea to stay overnite here. I think I will do that in the future, bring my mummy. Kekeke...

Interested? Check here for the charges.



A warning signboard. For what you shouldn't do inside the park.

Just remember... "Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos" :)



The road to the next stop, Matang Family Park.

Bye bye~ Kubah.

10 Comments:

At 3:57 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said...

fish fish!!!! The place looks so nice....I wish to go there one day. I had been to Taman Negara in Pahang but that time, dun have 'photography' eyes. All your photos are so breathtaking. Snake eating also you can capture, fuwah!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, you drove like you were in Kuching ah ? Hai yah, in Japan cannot 矯 one leh :) Goodluck Fish Fish, Nissan March/Cute waiting for you at a showroom.

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous winterx said...

hope you'll pass your driving test fish fish! good luck.
wonder how's your driving... o_O
could i hop in? =))

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was there with you guys to those nature parks of Kuching. Tesuto wa kanbatte nen.
Blackwidow

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

ahhhhhhh spider *faint*
Good luck with your driving test lar~~

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger mmulibra said...

Wah very nice park.. should be my next destination spot in East Malaysia..

Failed driving test again? I heard it's quite tough, but I was told you can get some training from the net (some US websites).. good luck.. next time can drive to Aichi Expo already lor

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey..Ff,
Good luck on yer driving test.. hope there is no tomorrow.. and tomorrow some more hor.. ;)
Is that a picture of you .. FF..??? it sure doesn't look like Ann..??

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

5xmom : Thanks to Eddie, if not, I wouldn't be able to capture it. :P Hey, maybe u should go to Taman Negara again with your toddlers when they grow up more. Really curious what kind of conversations are you all goin to have again.

cooknengr : wah~~~ Da Ge! Think no need for me to say, you know what happen for my 3rd try liao. I never drive so obedient before in my life you know, I try to follow all the thing he said as yesterday. Today, he failed me for driving too slow, and too cautious. Damn!! I dun know what he wants... I wish Doreen gave him a good Karate kick at his balls. Hmmm!!

winterx : Dear, my driving actually very safe one, though I'm fast. But in Kyoto driving test? I really dun know what to say.

blackwidow : Tesuto dame datta!! *cry out loud*

pinkcocoa : Thanks dear. But my luck still bad.

mmulibra : Yah, it's super difficult!

mrst : I still have to go thru my tomorrows. Hey, that's Ann. definitely not me. ;) I where got so fair?

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Darren said...

ooh snake hehe, i remember Gunung Gading national where i freezed through out the whole night haha

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Darren : *envy* stay overnite in Gading must be a great experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home