Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Otanjobi Omedeto! Yuriko~

Oops, today going to swift away from Kuching post for a while, for this special post. Yap, my dear fren, Yuriko, having her birthday today. Muakkkk!!! Happy birthday dear~ May this year a better year to you. Gakkou ganbatte ne~



Heeee... she is a sweet gal, isn't she? Not only look sweet, personality oso very nice. Good news for all the single guys out there, Yuriko is still single at the moment. (Married or got gf, back off!) Kekeke... and she is waiting for her Mr. Right.

And for the 1st time in my blog, I'm going to do something special for her.
.
.
.
.

Calling for Mr. Right!!

Yap, you didn't see the sentence above wrong. This is a request from her, to do a short advertisement about this here.

Here is what she wants me to write here...

For guys that are interested to be fren with her... which knows who might have some more chemical reaction proceed from there...

You need to give the below information to my email. Then, I will forward the info to her. If she is interested to know you further, she will keep in touch with you in personal. :P (Ok, if you are too shy to let me see you too, fine, just mail me, I'll send you her email in personal after getting her permission.)

Qualifications needed to know her...

1. xxx-born-Chinese (The xxx means can from any countries, except China. From her last 2 trips to Australia and Taiwan, she discovered that Chinese guys are very gentle and nice).

2. You are not the skinny type that easily blown by the wind. She prefers guys that got more flesh. Dun really have to be tall. You dun have to look like Brad Pitt or Richard Gere.

3. Interested to be fren with her sincerely.

Information needed to send to her...

1. Your picture. A REAL one ok.

2. Your age, your location and what you are doing now. Name of the place where you work or study.

3. Weight and height.

Errr... I think that's all what she wants for the moment. More details, that will be up to her how much she wants to know you.

Send me the details, I'll forward to her. :)

Good luck!!

*wipe cold sweat!* Done... man~ seem like not an easy task to write this one. Kekeke...

Anyway, I celebrated her bd earlier with her on 19 March. Cause she was going back to Oregon on 22 March. Aarrgghh... I missed out her bye bye calls, was busy dealing my work yesterday. :(



Here was the restaurant where we had our lunch. Chibo (千房), a famous Okonomiyaki restaurant. We went to the one in Keihan Mall, Osaka. Both of was actually confused whether to have Cheese Fondue or Okonomiyaki when we were standing in front of the 2 restaurants. Finally, we chose Japanese food.



The special Okonomiyaki spade that is used for Okonomiyaki.



We ordered one Vegetable Omelette Yakisoba (オムレツ焼きそば). Fried noodle with a lot of vege that is wrapped in omelette. I love it~ The noodle was good... very munchy. And the sauce was to the right degree, not too sweet nor salty. One for 1260yen.



We oso ordered one Yamaimo Okonomiyaki (山芋お好み焼) with a lot of spring onion as topping. The okonomiyaki, instead of using a lot of wheat flour for the batter, the main ingredient used was Yamaimo (Japanese long yam). One for 1250yen.

So, it was a very fluffy kind of texture. For me, it was a new kind of texture in term of okonomiyaki. Definitely one new experience worth to try. However, I still prefer the Yakisoba.

We purposely just ordered 2 dishes, so that we left some space for desserts. Dessert time!



I was hooked by one of the dessert sold in Dessert Prestige. So Yuriko gave me a treat on that.



Heee... it was this choco eclair that attracted fish fish so much. The taste? Nice~ feel really happy when the choco cream melt slowly inside my mouth. One like this for 126yen, finished in 2 bites. :P



As for Yuriko, she is a big fan of crepe. In DipperDan (a crepe shop started started since 1972), for every month 9, 19 and 29... all the crepe would sell for only 262yen each. It was 19 that day, :P Lucky~

Yuriko bought one fresh fruit crepe for herself, and one blueberry rare chesecake for fish fish.



All the working gals were cute~



Weeeeeeee~ Our crepe with Yuriko sweet smile.

Time to munch on them...

I really love the cheesecake. It was very good, surprisingly. And the crepe itself was a good one. I would say one of the nicest among those I have tried in Japan. I'm not really a fan of crepe in Japan, however, if for this one, I would definitely go for 2nd, or even a 3rd visit then.

We had the crepe in a small children park. Just the 2 of us there, eating and chatting. It was a really great time we had spent.

Later, we went to lepak a while in a CD shop.



Both of us were impressed by this audition machine.

Top arrow : It was saying 'You can try to have a listen to the CD by using Bar Code".

Bottom arrow : So, we tried to get a CD, and scan the bar code face up here.

Middle arrow : Yippie! The CD that we wanted to listen immediately showed. Man~ we were really amazed. Too bad, it was only for 45 seconds only for each of the song.

Yuriko~ once again, a blessing muck from fish fish. オレゴンで、お誕生日どう過ごしまたか。^_^

25 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger MunKit said...

aikk i not qualified :( *walks away feeling lonely*

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Wilson said...

happy birthday Yuriko :)..happy birthday 2 u, happy birthday 2 u, happy birthday to yu~ri~ko~, happy birthday 2 u.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Happy Bday to Yuriko~ Hehe, no preference on age range? HMM~ Haven;t been eating okonomiyaki for quite some time and hopefully gona go eat it after this week! Arh, so many things to do lately and i can;t really breathe d~ Abt the audition machine, tower record at klcc oso have something similar to it~ How nice if i can get to hack their server and get all the songs...haha dreaming now~

 
At 4:41 AM, Anonymous glasgowgal said...

hey fish
Been following your blog for a while now but this time just thought of dropping by to say hi. Your blog is simply amazing. It's simple yet fascinating.Also the pictures are so yummy that i cant wait to go home after i graduate this year.Although, i've been to Japan twice but seems like i learn more about japan here.haha ironic.
Anyway love your blog and description all straight from the heart. Keep up the great work~

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

You mentioned Brad Pitt, did you know he's a vegetarian and been one for many many years? It's true!

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish: Yuriko is so lucky to have a friend like you, Cupid. Wishing Yuriko best of luck.

Too bad I cannot participate since I am Mr.Wong.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, Richard Gere is also vegetarian.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Saffron said...

Send my well wishes to Yuriko, ok? And I also wish her good luck in finding a good boyfriend. :)

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Julia said...

oh gosh, the okonomiyaki looks awesome! And the eclairs...ooh! :)

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Head down"... I think god hates me!

Hey Munkit, Cooknengr, good to see you here in the same line.

Dejected-Fish (a.k.a. Fish-Eater)
Confucius once said:"If you can attach, you can too detach"
Bad Confucius!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger mei gie said...

Happy Be-Be-Be-....Belated Birthday to you Yuriko and all the best in finding a new love partner. *She is really sweet.*

No doubt Malaysia is still very far behind Japan in terms of the technologies. That audition machine so 'canggih'!!!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Julie said...

haaa fish fish.. now u become a matchmaker =p

does she mind to have a female fren? hoho.. happy belated bday to her ^_^

i really enjoy ur blog very much especially on those japanese foooooood ^_^

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

munkit : Why? becoz u got gf oledi? Kekeke...

wilson : Yuriko reads this blog. She would be happy to get such a nice bd song from you. :)

acrix : oops, forgot bout the age range. but you can try if you are interested. ;) I've never been to tower record, coz I couldn't find where it is. :(

glasgowgal : Hello dear... it is my great honour to hear this. Thanks for the lovely words. Btw, are you from Kuching?

Dennis : Yap, I know both of them are vegetarian. Only that I didn't know Brad Pitt has been this long. Hey, the little pic beside the comment really cute lar~ U??

cooknengr : Da Ge... u r qualified to participate ler~ I only say Chinese from China can't. Btw, she is in Oregon. ;)

saffron : Thanks dear. Think she has got ur message.

Julia : U got them right. Not only the look, but the taste too. Yum~

Dejected-Fish : Which criteria made you fail? :P

mei gie : Hey, Acrix can find one like that too in Tower Record wor~ why dun you go to check it out?

Julie : Female frens are very welcome. Hey, in case you dun know, my frenship with her was from mailpal. ;) Hey, mail me to get her email add if you want. :)

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Happy Birthday .. yuriko..;)
My spouse got cousin.. in Brampton, Ontario.. can be friends or not with Yuriko.. ??? ;)
i love the Okonomiyaki .. they are one of my favourites.. when i was in tokyo.. ;) and wat a coincidence.. i'm into eclairs alot lately..! yumms..!!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, Yuriko's looking for Mr. Right, but I am Mr. Wong like in w"r"ong...get it ?

It's a American joke, like my greeting message on my answering machine . "Hello, you have reached the Wong's number. Please leave a message". Most Americans tell me it's funny but my friend who did not get the joke would tell me " how come I always get the wrong numbew when I called you?".

I got the idea from from Ang mo kids when they first try to say the "R" word like Wabbit (elmo Fudge)http://www.toonopedia.com/elmer.htm

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Really?? I’ve always thought it’s a silly picture. It’s me, but I normally don’t wear a cowboy hat, hehe. :o) I also lost my glasses. That picture was taken by Phan when we were in Las Vegas. I was standing next to a wax statue of John Wayne and they had a cowboy hat available, so I plopped it on my head and she snatched a picture.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger guy said...

but but fish fish....
i am not chinese!!! :(

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

dennis : Kekeke... good snap I would say from Phan. ;)

guy : Oi~ the more important one is... You oledi not single. So out lor~

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

mrs t : Sure. Just mail me your spouse's cousin email, I'll forward it to Yuriko. :)

cooknengr : Naruhodo~ Got you! Mr Wong~ :P

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

Hey about Yuriko, isn't she in University of Oregon? Aren't there lots of guys there for her to pick from? Many fishes in that sea! ^_^

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger guy said...

aikk.. i tot u say interested to be a fren?
i got a couple of peeps interested.. but they are not chinese :P

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

dennis : I think Yuriko too concentrate on her study and sports in school. She plays snowboard and golf. Hey, will Oregon Uni near to your restaurant then? wanna recommend her to try Phan's cooking. Kekeke...

guy : Ok, I'll mail her let her know. If she says ok, you just give me their emails then. ;)

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fih Fish: Did you say "snowboarder" ? As wild as the Wongs ? More sales pitch please :)

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

University of Oregon is in Eugene, a different city, about 4 hour drive from were we are in Portland. If she visits Portland, she's certainly welcome to stop by and Phan will treat her to a great meal. :o)

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Yap, she learnt snowboard since primary. Think she should be quite good at it. She brought her own snowboard to US. Hey, wanna be fren with her? ;) Gimme ur personal details then. Kekeke...

dennis : OK, I'll tell her this. Thanks a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home