Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

White Day... Oo la la~ (Mac 14)

February 14, everyone knows it is Valentine's Day. How bout March 14, how many of you realised it is called White Day? If you have no idea what it is at all, please go to read Valentine's Day and White Day in Japan...

I quote 2 sentences from there.

In Japan,

During Valentine's Day, women give the men gifts of chocolate as well as other gifts.

In return, White Day was created in 1980 by the Japanese for men who were lucky enough to receive gifts of chocolate have the chance to return the favor by giving the women who gave them gifts of chocolate a more expensive box of chocolate or sweets.

Get the idea here?? Kekeke... Gals! Go give chocos to your guy frens during Valentine's in order to get better chocos in White Day. :P *just kidding*

Anyway, this year Valentine's, fish fish was in Kuching. So, I skipped the obligation to buy chocos for my lab guys. Heeee...

However, today, the White Day, I get one nice box of present from the guys. Kekeke... Lucky fish~ get one without doing any investment. :P



A nice pink parcel was put on my desk this morning. Branded Furansuya. That reminded me it is White Day. Well, I have guessed it must be choco or some kind of cookies. And when I see pink... oh no! Dun tell me it is strawberry... as fish fish dun prefer strawberry stuff except fresh red strawberry.



Turned to the back... Oh~ Nama chokoleto (Raw chocolate). Good~ I love raw chocolate.



When I unwrapped the gift paper... A nice box of sakura nama chokoleto was revealed.



Oops! Still got another covering layer before the real thing can be seen. The little plastic fork is for one to take out the choco. And the brown paper was writing "The powder on the choco surface will absorb the water in the atmosphere. In such case, the choco might turn black. However, it has no effect on the quality of the choco at all. Please feel safe to consume the product."



Dang Dang!! Finally, the pinkish sakura raw choco for fish fish this year.

The ingredients as quoted : Sugar, fresh cream, cocoa butter, full cream powder, liquor, strawberry powder, sakura leave, emulsifier (from soybean), spice and vegetable colouring.

Sakura leaves, hmm... the ingredient that made me interested the most.



A much closer look at the choco. See the dotted black stuff inside the choco? That's the sakura leaves. How was the taste? Marvellous. Instead of the dull sweet strawberry flavour... The sakura leaves actually give a mild bitterness to the choco. Brilliantly soft that will melt inside your mouth once you chew on it.

Mmmm.... I'm falling in love again today~

Btw... I just got to know a good news, which is a very good 1st step for fish fish. Can't really tell you all what it is about yet, but I will announce once I settle everything. *nope, it has nothing to do with romance. :P*

Just bless me... k?

:P I feel like to have mucks now. Anyone would like to give me one?

Muak~~~ ;)

17 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger MunKit said...

i don wan the muack.. just gime the choc :PpP

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, wow, finished all 16 pieces of Choco by yourself ? NO share share with friend ? tsk tsk tsk! :)

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Yuen Li said...

As requested: Bless you, Fish Fish. ;)

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger DKBU said...

Learned something new today. Hehe... Happy White Day! Oh yea, bless you!

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Saffron said...

Known about this reading manga, heheh. There's some sort of cheap chocolate called consolation chocs right?

Yours don't look like those though. ;)

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey..FF,
Bless you .. and "muak, muak, muak"
I know about the White Day from FoodPocket's blog a few weeks back. And who gave you the box of chocolate..??? so pretty..!! an admirer..??? new love..???

 
At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Eileen said...

Hi,

The chocolates looked yummy. Wish I could have some too!

THanks for your introduction to Japan. Reading your blog is motivating me to visit the place. The only problem is language.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

I alwayz tot it;s guy giving gal stuff during valentine;s day but how wrong am i :P Would be glad to even receive a small piece of chocolate during valentine;s day!

The texture of the chocolate looks pretty soft~ Nice nice! If only we can get to taste it rather than seeing the picture only :p Haha

Can;t wait to knoe the good news from ya and Muaks :)

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous winterx said...

mmmmm... yummo choc. think i'm going to lick the monitor. =P
bless you and muakz~ fish fish.

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous mrkiasu said...

I am starting to like Japan so much, the things they have there is so unique + extremely special.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger letti said...

wow..looking good yum yum

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

ff
I want this choccie so badly!!! gimme gimme gimme! :p
I did a post on White Day last year too but it was me making something for ShinChan. You just reminded me I better update my post

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Julie said...

hi fish fish.. i realli enjoy reading ur blog.. i m a fans of urs now.. hoho.. have a blessed days ahead ^_^

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

munkit : kekeke... a visual choc? No problem. :P

cooknengr : Nope.. just finish 2/16. If I finish one go, I sure you fall sick. By the way, all the gals in my lab each got one pack... so who to share?

yuen li : TQ. :)

dbku : Hello~ nice to see you here. Thanx for the bless.

saffron : Yap, they call this Giri Choco. You should see the high class one for the special... Can cause more than RM100 for one small pack. I think mine was only RM 15.

mrs t : Mmm~ nice muck from tweety and Chloe. Kekeke. Thanks... your the 1st one gimme the muaks. ;) The choco was from the XYs in my lab. It's their obligation. :P

eileen : Hola! Well, dun know how to speak Japanese might be quite inconvenient, but still you will be enjoy ur travel in Japan. :) Most of them very helpful.

acrix : Thanks for the muak. Kekeke... happy to get it from a guy too. Btw, to taste the choco, you will have to wait until I go to KL. :P

winterx : Arigatou! *Catch the muak and bless*

mrkiasu : That's one of the things I salute them.

letti : Yap... yum~

pinkcocoa : Kekeke... I know they will be able to seduce you dear~ :P Now I know what omiyage I should bring for you if I go Aus next time.

Julie : Welcome dear~ Nice to see you around. Thanks for the compliment. And appreciate your bless for the 1st comment. :)

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger drstel said...

i wish you a year full of white choco days...
good luck and can't wait to hear the good news! mwa mwa mwa!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

drstel : TQ so much dear. I hope I can tell the good news soon too. Muak!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger mei gie said...

I love chocolate!! I love chocolate!! I want to try all the chocolates from around the wrold. You always make me jealous lah!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home