Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

DESSERTS... cure for the STRESSED (21 Apr)

Went out with Mirian and Sylvia on last Thursday evening to destress. At first, we were just thinking of taking some desserts. But then, desserts with an empty stomach, not such a good idea.

So, we went to Hub to have our dinner. Besides the always being ordered spicy potato and omelette soba, here were the few other new things that we had that day.



This is garlic flavored deep-fried mushroom. Well, it was disappointing. Tasteless, and the frying was not good too. Can't really remember the price, think it was around 530yen.



Dry curry fried rice with a half-boiled egg. Yum Yum~ strongly recommended. The egg went very well with the not too spicy rice. Sylvia was thinking of ordering the 2nd one, but cancelled the idea to replace with something else. Think it was for 680yen.



Japanese style spaghetti with deep-fried Chinese mushroom that grown on tea plant. 680yen per plate. We were very impressed by the mushroom. It was very crunchy, though a little bit salty. But went very nice with the spaghetti. The mushroom released an irresistible fragrance for every bite I made.



Another great infusion of Japanese elements into a Western food. Instead of using the normal tomato, basil and salami... This Mentaiko Mochi Pizza was using Japanese Rice Cake and Spicy Fish Egg as main ingredient for the pizza, with nori stripes to decor the top. Wisely combined, a Japo-Italian style?

Hehe... though we had a heavy dinner, we still went to our main purpose for the nite. To DESTRESS. And for that, my STRESSED mind can only be effectyively cured by DESSERTS. Kekeke... believe it or not, it is the most effective medicine, that's why is it spell back to front from the word STRESSED. (Thanks Sylvia for telling me this. ^_^)

So ladies, next time if you are crazing for DESSERTS, don't feel guilty. We NEED it!!

We went to Haagen Dazs to have a great cup of ice creams. It was the last day for Special 7-Scoop offering. The 7-Scoop will be replaced by Special Cup. Well, don't really know what is the Special-Cup concept.



However, it was my first time having the 7-scoop in Kyoto. My 2nd time indeed, 1st time was in Tokyo with the Tokyo's Devils, long time ago. For these 7 scoops, it was only for 500yen. Very good deal. Hehe... and it was a treat by Sylvia, for celebrating fish fish got her license. ^o^

My hand and the big cup. Hohoho!!

My choices were : Rum Raisin, Belgian Chocolate, Macadamia Nut, Caramel Walnut, Mango, Cassis Cream and Chai Tea.

Mango, Cassis Cream and Chai Tea were my 1st time. I would say all the choices I made were good. Rum Raisin wildnesss, Belgian Chocolate hidden bitterness, Macadamia Nut creaminess, Caramel Walnut sweetness, Mango chewiness, Cassis Cream sourness and finally the very unique Indian style Chai. Mmmm~~~ divine~~~



And this was the cup of Sylvia. She chose quite similar flavours as mine, except 2.

By the time we finished the big cup, our stomach were bloating like overeating-frogs.

*RABBIT!!* *Burrrrppppp!!*

20 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger mrstweety said...

I love rum and raisin.. FF!! Here no HD - R & R leh..!! so disappointing hor..?? Love all the food pics.. very yummy looking..!! i'm so jealous..!!

 
At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No more 7 scoop ice cream special?? OH NO!! I missed the last day. I thought of going but changed my mind. I hope that the special cup will be just as good. Anything choc, I will LOVE it!
Ai Ling

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said...

Wah, not used to see western food japanese style.

Did I read correctly - 7 scoops? Oh WOW, I would die of guilt if I eat them. My fav. HD flavour is green tea (made in France though, funny).

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Saffron said...

OMG Haagen Daz!! *swoons*

I like macadamia nut. :) Actually, that's the only Haagen Daz flavour I had before, so...kinda moot point, heheh.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Reid said...

Hi fish fish,

I love ice cream and it seems like you do too. The flavors all sound so good. We don't get most of those flavors here. You're so lucky.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Kimberlycun said...

argh ur evil showing me pictures of ice cream like that!!! *pinch*

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

ff
sorry for the long long silence ar! omg, i think that big tub of haagen daaz is what I need NOW! hmmm...but but...my diet...diet...*cry*!!!!! Chai Tea must be soooo very nice. I remember I had a teh tarik ice-cream once and it was sooo nice!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish do Japanese put other stuff like crucshed nuts, gummy bears, M&Ms, sprinkles etc on their Ice cream ?

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger galinusa said...

Sounds like a yummilicious day for you Fish Fish! All your chosen flavours are my favourites too :) Your post reminded me of my Saturday where I also had 4 huge scoops of gelato in kiwi, ferrero (as in the hazelnut chocolate confectionary), rum raisin and mixed berry yogurt, 2 scoops each in a big home-made waffle cone! So good! Thank God for icecream!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger JulieDee said...

OMG! **counts on all of her fingers and toes... counts them AGAIN!!!**

It's been OVER 30 YEARS since I was last in Tokyo!!! The food looked MEGA YUMMY! Nipo-Western is a style I never considered before but will now! Look out family of mine, its tempura polish sausage for dinner tonight!

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

mrst : What is R&R ar? But Canada owez so cold, I don't think I even want to eat any ice cream if I stayed there. :P

Ai Ling : I too wish the special cup will be equally good.

5xmon : Green Tea oso my favorite. But kind of satiated with that oledi. I prefer the green tea ice cream in Uji, one of the best!!

saffron : Hey, try the Belgian chocolate, a bit bitter, but I like it.

reid : I checked thru the website and realised that a lot of the flavours for Haagen Dazs that offered in Japan are only limited in Japan. They even have Red Bean and Custard Pudding. :P

kimberlycun : Ouch!! *pain pain*

Pinkcocoa : Yes dear, you are right. In fact, Sylvia made a comment that the Chai Tea tasted very much like our rich and irresistible Teh Tarik, only that it turned into ice cream. ;)

cooknengr : Not in Haagen Dazs lar~ But if you go to some sort of buffet place that got ice cream, they will have all those colourful choco chips and corn flake for you as a topping.

galinusa : Ferrero and berry yogurt??? Even hearing the names making me mouthwatering. Oh~~~

juliedee : Hello~ thanks for dropping by. :) Wow!! 30 years was a long long time ago. Heee... mum was telling me my grandpa was here 40 years ago. I bet the Tokyo was very different from now huh!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger JulieDee said...

Thank you for the warm welcome Fish Fish! If you don't mind I'd like to add your blog to the links on my blog list, OK? Perhaps you could do the same for me?

To answer your question of mrst: R&R is Rest & Relaxation... its militairy slang sweety. When I was in Tokyo I was on R&R myself! I suppose Tokyo has changed a lot since I was there! But then again, how much could the Ginza really change?

I swear, in the 10 days I was there I spent the first 3 days eating myself through every resturant that had been recomended to me and the next 3 taking every stomach cure I could lay my hands on! Being an officer, I was invited by some Japanese Naval Officers to accompany them on a night on the town. Because I was listed only by my initials JD and my last name at the BOQ they had assumed that I was a male officer. Imagine their surprise when I showed up! Long story short, they took me to a place where I was able to order Fugu (with their assurance that it was perfectly safe there)! It was DELICIOUS! Though it did leave my lips slightly tingling and I did feel ever so slightly euphoric for several hours afterwards... though that could have been the rush of having survived the experience!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger mrstweety said...

FF, R&R is rum & raisin lah.. :P
If i got so much choice of desserts.. i donch mind the stress leh.. ;)

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

mrst : R&R, hahaha! What a short form.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger MooPig said...

I LOVE HD!! Rum and raisin is my number 1 favourite!!

I still have a tub of Praline and another tub of Strawberry Cheesecake in my fridge! yum yum...

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

eileen : Oh, praline and strawberry cheesecake? Have never tried them yet. Maybe I should, as I fren told me strawberry flavour of haagen dazs truly good.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

JulieDee : Oops! I'm sorry my dear, I missed replying your comment. Hope I'm still in time to reply you. -_-" Btw, I've linked you, and it's my pleasure for me to be linked by you. :)

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger JulieDee said...

Having a bad arthritis day today.. :^(... (Fish Fish, don't EVER get old! LOL!) Soooo, it may be a few days before I can get around to linking back to you. Typing time will be limited till this storm front passes and I'd rather use it replying to messages, I hope you'll understand, OK?

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

juliedee : No rush at all dear. Is your pain getting milder? You should take more rest. Well, one day, I'll get old too, nothing can prevent that. :) But even getting old has its own beauty.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger JulieDee said...

My Gran'ma always told me that growing old wasn't for sissies, and I think she's right! LOL!

The weather here in California is STILL unsettled. **SIGH** Yet ANOTHER cold front is due tomorrow morning! It ain't fair I tell you! It just ain't fair.

**sigh**

Thanks for understanding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home