Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, April 22, 2005

A Free Breakfast

Ho ho ho!! I just got a call from the travel agency. He told me that he had confirmed that as long as I reach the US before 17 July, my visa will be able to stay there up to 180 days even the expiration date is 17 July 2005. Ok, that settled down my worry. But still, I'm not quite satisfied with why my other frens in Tokyo get a 10-year business visa for their case to do a conference, while I only get 1 entry for 3-month only. Oh well, nvm lar~ Next time I'll just have to apply again, for a tourist visa then. Double money though.

Hmmm... I wonder what is so different the system of Tokyo and Osaka-Kyoto?? Why it seemed like procedure for doing things much strict here? Or was it only my case?? -_-"

It's weird the way the US visa is, cause for a Japanese visa, as long as it is over, that means stay for even another day will be an illegal act. Thanks for all those who have left a useful comment concerning this doubt of mine. Arigatou~

Dumped that worry now. Next week get into my real mode for working liao. :P Oso, next week sensei says gonna discuss with me bout the conference and trip... ok, will into a real mode for the preparation liao.

I met a Philippine lady during my driving test. She was before me, she failed that day test. It was her 4th time. However, even though she failed the test, she still accept it with a merry heart. In fact, she told me it took her 2.5hr to reach the test centre. She is a happy go lucky type, her cheerful face did light up my nervous heart that time.

After my exam, I had to wait for 2 hrs for getting to my next prodecure. And so, I went out from the center for a while. Didn't expect to see her there. Then she told me she was waiting for her husband. So, we went to have breakfast together after I told her the points to past her exam, as I was sitting at the back of the cars when she was taking the exam.

In case you don't know, it is a norm in Japan when one person is taking an exam, the next person can sit at the back to observe before his/her exam for some extra lesson.

Good for the observer, but for the person that taking the exam? I doubt so.



Both of us ordered a Set B breakfast, 550yen each. It was a simple and nice breakfast to clear the hunger. In fact, I was very full after the meal.

During the meal, we had quite a good talk. Then I came to know she has been in Japan since she was 19 yo, as a dancer. But suddenly married to a Japanese guy, that made her parents so angry that time.

"I was very good figure last time." She moved her hands to show a pear-shape drawing. "But now...", she moved a hands like drawing a beer-pail, then... "Hahaha!!!"

Blah, blah, blah...

"So, after these years, do you like Japan or the Philippines more?" I ask her.

"Hmm... I still like Manila."

"So, meaning one day you wanna go back there?"

"Yes, I do."

Then, another Q flipped my mine, "How bout your husband? Will he wants to go to the Philippines as well?"

"Ah~ we have divorced."

o_O *???* I was very confused. As I know that time she was waiting for her 'husband' to settle down something.

Think she sensed my confusion, "Ha!! We are still together most of the time even though we have divorced. We are very good friend now."

Wow!!

Then, she invites me to go to Maizuru to stay for a trip. I say I will, when I am going to take a ferry from Kansai to Hokkaido then. ^_^

She owns a snack pub, so she is a snack mama. Oh boy, fish fish never been to any snack... I'll be able to see one then. Kekeke...

Sylvia, I've asked her permission, she welcome me to bring other friends too. You wanna join?

Then, her 'husband' came to join us. An old guy with a nice smile.

We finished our meal.

At the counter, she insisted to pay for me. I felt bad for a first timer to pay for me without any reason...

Her husband said, "No worry. She owns a snack. She got a lot of money. Hoho! Just let her pays."

Oh, ok.

Gochisosama deshita. ^人^ Thanks for sharing your story and a nice breakfast with Keypo fish fish. Kekeke...

5 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger mrstweety said...

Nice free breakfast ..FF!

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

mrstweety : ;)

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Reid said...

Hi fish fish,

What a nice story. Did you pass your driving examination?

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Kimberlycun said...

do u know that philipinos are the happiest people in the world? it's a wonder considering the country's quite poor and all.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

reid : Yes, I am. :) And going to make my first drive journey in the Golden Week in Japan. \(^o^)/

kimberlycun : Thanks! That's a good new info for me. Nope, I have no idea at all bout this. But I do believe in one thing, the amount of money that you own not necessary with the proportion of happiness you'll get. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home