Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hanami~ (Apr 9, Pt 3)

My new header! Meet Tanpopo (蒲公英), one of the special flower of Sagittarius. It is called Dandelion in English. Just taken the picture today. The more I look at it, the more I like it. So, I decided to put it as my header. Was trying 'blindly' to modify the header, glad I made it. :P

Anyway, today I'll sum up my Hanami~ posts with more flowers.

Uji River Hanami

I decided to cycle along Uji River as my 2nd round hanami, as the weather was really good on last Saturday.



Saw this nice big yellow flower on the ground. It was funny to see its imbalance combination with its short stem. Yellow flowers, my favorite.



A Yoshino cherry tree with its artistically crooked trunk. Under the windy evening, the sakura were moving gracefully. The soft and light petals even floated in the air like a "sakura rain" sometimes.



It was sunset moment. I was attracted by this scene, stand for quite some time outside the Byodoin (平等院) compound, staring at the sun until it went down to the horizontal line.



Regardless of the getting dark day, still many people having their picnic and hanami across the river. Well, it is quite hard to get your bums move when you are so comfortably enjoying yourself under these pretty trees, don't you?



Not only the sakura trees was telling me spring is here, the 'new green' at the back also giving me sign of rushing out to see a new season after a strict cold winter.



It is the best season to cruise along Uji River. Appreciating the calm and beautiful scene, while enjoying this commemorative moments with family and friends.



Tree by tree of sakura are lining up neatly along the long Uji River.



If it was not getting dark, I would definitely bring my story book to indulge slowly, letting my mind totally into a relaxing stage, while munching on my favorite snack. Yum Yum~



The hot spot for hanami in Uji, this Sakura park at the Uji River. Won't you want to come and have a look by yourself oneday? :)

Flowers of My Daily Routine

Lately, every morning, I will be greeted by some splendid flowers on my way to school...



First, this small but nice garden of my neighbour. He takes really good care of his viola and pansy. I always looking forward for spring to coming in order to enjoy his little garden as well. Heee... have never seen his wife coming out to help him with the flowers. Among the full range flowers, he seems to be especially interested in yellow. ;)



It is called Mokuren (木蓮) in Japan. Commonly known as Lily Magnolia (Magnolia liliiflora). It's a very beautiful flower, unluckily it only bloom in a few days. Here is a picture of maroon mokuren.



When I reach school, the sakura and fountain inside the compound always giving me a warm feeling. Too bad, this will be only for a week. Soon, sakura will be withered away... The fountain will be in sleeping mode again after the period. *sigh*

Sakura has a special meaning to Japanese as it is a flower symbolize a new fiscal year. April, the month of sakura blossoms, is also the month for a new start in working and studying. The sakura provides some kind of new spirit.



Shidarezakura (枝垂れ桜), a weeping cherry. Name aptly for its drooping branches that look like a willow. This sakura when become a big tree, is especially attractive with its pink waterfall-like branches.



Unknown tiny violet flower in my school compound. The flower was not even 1cm in diameter. But if you look closely, it does resemble a viola.



Finally, I end up my Hanami~ posts with my special flower, Tanpopo again.

I'm now waiting for the season when this flower ready to let go of her white angels flying high up to the sky with their fluffy wings.

Can you feel that Spring is embracing you? ^_^

13 Comments:

At 3:01 AM, Blogger Julie said...

wahh.. i like this post.. especially the 'grandma tan'.. i fancy more on these tiny pieces than roses.. awwww sakura rain again ka o_O

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Phan said...

Fish fish,

We have tulips in Portland. I think I have some pictures of them. Your flowers look great. Sure looks like Spring to me :oD

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said...

Again - Wish I am there. *sigh*

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger timun said...

i dun really admire flowers that sell in the florist shop....those flowers in ur photos are the one tat make me admire flowers.....argh!!!!..like 5xmom said...i wish i were ther tat time.....

p/s: hehe..sorry sorry...exam period now..abit the busy lar...:D..so how's life??

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, timun is so correct,子曰"家花哪有野花香". :)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger mei gie said...

The sakura trees are simply beautiful. Just love those flowers :). Nice pictures!!!

p/s: Love the sunset picture you took. So artistic.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! You take really good pictures too! I really love the sunset picture! It is a treasure.
Ai Ling

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh Chiuuuuuu!!! Allergy attacks!! Nihon no naru wa kirei nen. ~Blackwidow~

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger mmulibra said...

hehe nice pics

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Julie : Grandma Tan?? *LOL* That's a very good new name for it. Kanpai to my Tan Po Po.

phan : Thanks dear. Heee... Spring Spring... a nice season.

5xmom : Heee... I can see you love flowers a lot huh~ ;) Like my mummy.

timun : Yah... read in your blog bout that. Ganbatte for the exam ar~ :) After that, you going to blank mind with a long holidays?

cooknengr : That why a lot of guys like to 採野花. Hmm... wonder if they ever worried will get a very pickling one.

meigie and ai ling : Thanks. :) That was my favorite pic too. Didn't expect it turned out this nice.

Blackwidow : Kirei yo~ Eddie to isshoni, Nihon e asobi ni kimasenka?

mmulibra : terima kasih

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Samantha Wong said...

Hi Fish :) I came across ur blog from someone else's blog and I have to say I'm enjoying your tales about Japan. I'm Malaysian too, but a KL girl, studying in UK with a bro teaching english in Tokyo. I'm just curious about ur course... what is food enzymology?? and how did you manage to go to japan to study there? I dream of working in japan eventually, but it's really really hard to get a job as a doctor in japan without a green card... but am not sure if I want to pursue a career in med, so may change jobs and still try for Japan. Finding no time to learn Japanese at the moment though!!!

Oh.. and just so u know, I think the first pic of the yeloow flowers? I think those are rananculas, and the little blue ones? If I'm not mistaken, those are germander speedwells (veronica chamaedrys). I think it's great you have such great interests in Japan, food, and plants! :)

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Sam said...

oh... on second thought.. i've changed my mind. I think it may just be the common field-speedwell (veronica persica) :P ..... it's hard to tell.... but it's definitely speedwell! :D

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Samantha wong : Hello dear~ nice to see you here. Thanks a lot for the info of the flower. Well, I'm actually using an enzyme to modify plant protein to increase its functional properties and observe its structural changes. How bout you, what kind of medical field that you are specialized? Yap, I think it is quite hard to apply to do medical-related work in Japan for foreigners.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home