Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Hanatoro (Mac 20)

With very bloated stomachs from DomaDoma, Sylvia, Miyuki and me decided to burn our calories by having some nice sightseeing in the 2005 Kyoto Hanatouro (京都花灯路) event. It was on from March 11-21. My Japanese friend told me this has become an annual event in Kyoto. Basically, this event lit up lights in Higashiyama area from 1800-2130 every evening during that period.

They themed it "The Elegant Kyoto Road in The Spring Evening".

Though we walked the whole route, I only took pictures in the Maruyama Park (円山公園). Didn't feel like taking pictures while walking with so many heads around during night time.



The most famous Sakura Tree in Maruyama Park. It was nicely fenced to avoid visitors from reaching it. Heee... looked a bit spooky during night time without any leaves or blossoms huh. *Woooo~~~*



*iish* While I was so focused on it... Sylvia took a picture of me behind.

See my BIG butts and CARROT legs? Duh~ I know where the few kilograms increase of mine gone liao. Got so shock seeing this fact...

Evil Sylvia, when she was sending me this pic... Her email title was "Your butt... hehehe!" *bleh~* Anyway, thanks dear for sending the pic over.

And yes, now I'm working hard hopefully by summer, I can put on my tight jeans again. *bless me*



Opposite the tree, a still pond was very pretty with its heartthrobing reflection. Like a mirror~



This was one of the reason I wanna go to the Hanatouro. I saw it inside the train, and I got attracted with the concept.

It gave me kind of a "ZEN" feeling.

Know what were these?

Cylinder by cylinder of cut bamboos with candles litting inside in the middle of a dried pond.



Once the air moved, many of the candles' light would be extinguished. For that, you could see a 2 staffs were very busy inside keep lighting back the blown out flames. Man~ what a job. Don't get backache later ar~



There were many artistic works from an Art School exhibiting there. Quite a few brilliant ideas. But think this was a splendid one. Know what were these?



Dang Dang!! So many little fishes!!! Yap, these were actually a fish shape plastic tubes that commonly used for holding sushi's soy sauce. The people who created this actually thought of the idea of recycling these used tubes to make a unique aquarium. It was not that pretty, but I like their creativity and the conciousness on environment.

Heee... I would say, after munching very expensive momoichigo, an authentic lunch, nice karaoke and heavy dinner... and finally this Hanatouro... I spent a great day with Sylvia and Miyuki. Thanks dears. Muak!!

19 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

The sakura tree looks kinda pathetic without all the leave and flower~ Yet it looks gorgeous! Maybe they can replace the candle inside the bamboo with some bulbs or even led light~ Ur legs look ok :P If it;s carrot-like, then surely will take a bite coz too hungry reading ur previous food post!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger timun said...

woah..the tree like the harry potter 1 lar...haha..


p/s: haih..i also dunnu how to spend my 2 months holiday lar...normally i'll get 3 weeks holidays only..but this time suddenly 2 months....haha...

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Yuen Li said...

Awwww... you look ok from behind-lah. :) Now, how about one from the front WITHOUT face being blurred? ;)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Yuen Li said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is that sakura tree so famous? -lance

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey..FF,
What a nice outing..! And you look great lah.. ! wait till you see MrsT elephant's legs and butt.. ;) can pingshan..! haha!!

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Phan said...

Fish fish,

Sakura must mean a lot to the Japanese. I have been seeing sakura mentioned a lot of times in songs, poems, names, movies, mangas... I love mangas btw hehe. I am crazy about them especially shoujos.

 
At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

asobi ni tanoshikatta desu nen, Nihon ni zentai ikimasu yo. ~Blackwidow~

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger guy said...

at the risk of being banned for life.
fish.. u got a good but.
i should know coz i m a butt man :P
i like butts that curves up like that.
its supposed to be a compliment not a vulgar thingy k fish!!

ok i think i said too much.
feel free to ban me :P

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said...

*Waving hands at fishfish's butt* Aiyer...so mysterious la you. Can see the back and now must imagine the front view. Nothing wrong with the pic what? So curvey.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, watch out for Italian men, they like to pinch butts..so does an Italian cook :)

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha...me glad that me took the 'your butt' pic. Maybe from now on I should specialize in taking 'your butt...' ooopss...'your back' pics. Hehehe...

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha...me glad that me took the 'your butt' pic. Maybe from now on I should specialize in taking 'your butt...' ooopss...'your back' pics. Hehehe...

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

acrix : But acrix, my legs are super fatty wor~ Kekeke. I think they just want to get the Kyoto feeling with the candles. Electrical light would feel different.

timun : Heee... go for a 2-month part time lar~ Ada $$ goin into pocket some more. ;)

yuenli : Heee... time still not yet come. :P

Lance : It was the oldest sakura tree in the park. More than a century already. But I know there is a very old sakura tree in Kyushu area that has been grown for more than 8 centuries.

mrst : Thanks dear. Duh~ I've seen your pic lar~ Where got elephant legs?

phan : Yes dear... even the songs with "sakura" as the title is oledi in a list. -_-" Btw, cute shojo manga was my favorite too. ^_^

Blackwidow : Machimasu. ;)

guy : *happy* Geee... if only there are more guys that appreciate big Butt and not evil teases that I had. Thanx. No worry lar~ won't ban you becoz of this.

5xmom : My front view - 2 not-big-eyes, one big nose and one small mouth. Like my fish doll. :P

cooknengr : So does and Italian cook?? Do you mean their foods, or they really pinch the butts too? Btw, not many Italian guys in New Orleans right?

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Sylvia : Oh no dear~ you wanna take my different versions butt is it? -_-" Btw, thanks for yesterday. :)

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, Italians do pinch pretty women's butt and the women takes it as complements. my good friend is a Sicilian. There are some Italian in Nawlean.You gotta try their influential sandwich the muffuletta with olive, tell them to make it vegetarian.

The second part of the comment, you figure that out, I shouldn't have played a naughty joke with 天真無邪的小魚魚 :)

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Oh, the Italian cook fish fish is it? :P

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish..not quite, the Italian cook refers to that crazy guy who made Panna Cotta and Tiramisu :)

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : -_-" Ar~~ that cook ar~ Geee, how many butts he has pinched?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home