Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Last Day in Kuching (Feb 20)

Geee... some of you might even get very bored with my meow meow land talk liao. Anyway, today is the last one. Even if I want to tell you more bout Kuching, will have to wait until next year. I miss it... deeply.

Long post for today. :P

The last morning, decided to go to have breakfast with my family. Wanted to go for another bowl of Kueh Chap.



Stopped by in a kuih stall to buy one of my favorite kuih. Nasi panggang (grill rice). This is actually grilled glutinous rice with grated cococut filling that wrapped in banana leaf. Yum Yum~ I just love it.

Then, I had a big bowl of Kueh Chap. I'm going to miss this too.



Mum bought some Terung Masam (Don't really know what it is called in English. Pleaseee... can someone give me the English name?). She cooked it with fish. I have a strong preference towards sour food, so this definitely one of my favorite. I had a big bowl of this as lunch.

The whole day, I didn't go out anymore. Busy with my packing. Kekeke... another bad habit of mine, only pack at the last minute.

*Check my things. Need - stuffed into my luggage. No need - fly aside.* *DONE!*

Bert Bert :"Duh~ Jie Jie, I see you pack things, I want to pengsan."

Fish Fish :"Then dun see, go out." As simple as ABC.

I usually put my G-strings and transparent bras on the top. So that if the guard in the check out point wanna check my luggage, he will get his luck!! (Do you believe this is true? Figure out yourself. :P)

Eddie came with Ann later to bid farewell to me. Surprised me to see auntie came with them too. They went to an early dinner. So even that time I wanna do something crazy, I didn't. Dun wanna shocked auntie too much later. Kekeke...

Anyway, thanks a lot Eddie and Ann. Had a nice hug with them. I didn't give auntie one. Coz I was not certain whether that would shock her or not. Hmm... maybe I should have give one to her too.

That evening, had a simple dinner with mum at home. Daddy went out. Called his hp oso couldn't be connected. So, he didn't know at all that I was leaving tonite. Heee... he was still angry with me, so I didn't get chance to tell him my time of leaving. So instead of daddy as usual, this time was mum sent me to the airport.

5 minutes before leaving house, Chun Lian came to my house. Was surprised to see her. And yet, happy to see her. Thanks dear. That was so sweet of you specially came to just say bye bye to me. I'll miss you a lot. I think that was the first time I gave her a muck. Hee... hope she didn't get shock with my western way.

Finally managed to get daddy thru hp.

"Wei~ Pa~ I'm in the airport." I said.

"Airport?" Daddy sound a bit panic.

"Yah~ gonna fly in 30 min." I said.

"Why didn't tell me earlier? Now where got time to rush to the airport? U owez come and go like wind." Daddy grumbled.

"Was trying to tell u much earlier ar, but u didn't give me chance mar~ Nevermindlar. Next time I come back, you fetch me lor." Heeee... wicked fish, was trying to make her daddy feel guilty with his stubbornness.

"Ok lar~ u fly safe safe." He finally said.

"I will. Miss you. Take care ar~ Muak!!" I gave him a loud virtual kiss on the phone.



After hang up, mummy was giggling.

"Heee... you stubborn daddy would think twice next time, whether he wants to say bye bye to his daughter thru hp only again. Serve his right." Mum got the point. But then, quite sayang oso didn't give daddy a real hug before I fly.

"Still got anyone you wanna call? U called SK oledi?" Out of no where, mum asked me this funny question.

"No. Why should I?" I stared at my mum, unbelievable with what I've just heard.

"Err... nothing ar~ He's you old fren, you should say bye bye to him too mar~" Mum's answer even very suspicious.

"Yah yah... Jie Jie, call him mar~" Another voice interrupted. Who else?

"Key poh Bert~ shut up." I looked sharply at him. But he responded with a funny look. Geram!!

"Nope mummy. I only call him when I back to Kuching. Dun see any necessity I need to call him."

Hee... she's my mum. I know exactly what she is thinking.

"But mummy, I got a person to call." Took her hp, and went a distance away.

"Moshi mosh~" With my husky voice.

"Flying soon ar?"

"Ya lor, very soon. Just to say bye bye."

"Bye bye. Dun cry ar~"

"I won't. Dun worry."

"It's a pleasure to meet you."

"It's a pleasure to know you too. Thanks." :)

Then I hang up. The announcement for last call was in the air.

Gave back the phone to my mum.

Grabbed my backpack.

Gave Bert Bert his first hug.

Gave mum a deep hug and kiss on her cheek.



The next minute, I had to say bye bye to this meow meow land. My very beloved land, I'll come back again.



The meal from Kuching to KL was ok. Not bad, not good. It was Boeing 777, as the flight was an international flight that would continue fly to Frankfurt.

Like half of the other passengers, I got down in Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). Unlike the common flight from Kuching to KL, it stopped in the international wings.



Nearby this information counter, I bumped into one of SMKBL-cum-UKM senior. Hee... we stared at each other for seconds, before we confirmed that we know each other. Had been years I didn't see her.

"OMG! You slim down a lot." Was her first reaction. :P I was 72kg that time, so not a hard change to notice.



She got panic. As she didn't know that she was in the international area. She wanted to get her luggage. So I led her to the aerotrain, tell her how to go to the domestic place to check out. Good luck! :)



Then, me forwarded to my gate of departure. Many Japanese high school kids that time. Seem like there was some kind of school tour from Japan, that happened to take the same flight as mine.

I waited until the line almost finish, then I did my check in.

"Same group? Your student?" One of the male staff ask a teacher that stood beside him when I past thru the gate.

The teacher shook his head.

"Pasupoto please." That staff continue to speak his broken Japanese with me.

In mute mode, I pulled out my passport. The moment he saw my passport, he stared at me with disbelief. Then, somehow he smiled to me with a strange way.

"Ni Hao Ma?" Phew!! Out of no way, he shocked me again with his broken Mandarin now this time.

"Wo Hen Hao. Xie Xie." I replied him, after I managed to recover from my seconds shock.

Blah blah blah... he asked me another few questions. Totally forgot bout what now. But anyway, he finally let me go.

Thank goodness. I was in a lazy mode to talk more that time. Gave him a smile, and tata~



On the flight, urrgghhh~~~ had one of the worst inflight meal. Yark!! They gave me "Vegan" version, instead of "Western Vegetarian". I thought I requested clearly before I want "Western" vegetarian. Anyway, I was not hungry that time, so I didn't get fussy for a change. Except for the fruit and the boiled tomato, I didn't take the other. >_<

NOTE : Please, dun ask for VEGAN in MAS, I've experienced a few times, the taste were terrible. So, if you can take egg and milk, strongly advise you to request for "Western Vegetarian".



The flight back to Japan was nothing. Even the movie was not exciting. Flight from Osaka to KK was much better. And yes, I've to get back to the normal study life in Japan once again when I reach Kansai Airport. :(

23 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Blogger Reid said...

Hi fish fish,

The nasi panggang looks delish. I'd love to try it. Sorry I don't know what the terung masam is. Is it similar to belimbing asam?

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Guan said...

lolol.

I just got back to kuching on thre 6th April. \o/. now away from hectic KL. \o/ i am home!! /me kiss kiss kuching floor. bluek. wet wet. lolol so happy and fluey.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

hey ff
I love nasi panggang too. I like the one got sambal udang inside. :-) Must be sad leaving kuching!! Betcha bought heaps of yummies back to Japan, right? hehe

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger zh1yong said...

Hey, i put a link of ur blog in my site.. if u feel uncomfortable bout it, tell me , i will remove it..

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger zh1yong said...

Hey, i put a link of ur blog in my site.. if u feel uncomfortable bout it, tell me , i will remove it.. anyway nice food u had there..

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ano hito wa ... dare? ;)
keh boh ah blackwidow

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish : The things you put on top of the lugguage can 避邪 or not ?

I think a hug won't shock aunty leh, but I think Eddie appreciate you did not give her a hug, or else she 整天唱 "Aiyah, that girl ah,又漂亮, 又聰明,又有禮貌,你還不 ....." Eddie will surely turn Ed die lah.

When you called the person, very 亦舒風味 wonder who was that.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Wat a wonderful post.. FF, so touching and sincere... ;) thank you for sharing yer trip home with us.. :)

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Wat a wonderful post.. FF, so touching and sincere... ;) thank you for sharing yer trip home with us.. :)

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

when is time for me to come back kch from limbang i felt sad to leave my parent, my hometown as well :(

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Julie said...

my dear hakka moi.. dun b sad surely u will b bck to ur dearly howntown again ^_^

*a hugz from m'sia! =p

fr another hakka moi.. hoho..

 
At 1:47 AM, Anonymous winterx said...

fish fish, who was that you were talking to on the phone? =))

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous mrkiasu said...

The food that they give for the MAS flight look so so nia, is it tasty one ah?

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger MunKit said...

yeerrrrr.. the 777 meal.. damn unappetising.. still kueh chap better! :)

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

What does VEGAN stand for or mean? HMm, too bad ur dad missed the farewell at the airport~ Oh yah, u alwayz get mistaken as japanese?

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Fish Fish,

Thanks for taking us on your trip back home. That was a really nice trip.

lance

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger spottiswoode said...

Hi fish fish, you must be one of the rare Malaysians studying in Japan. May I know what you are studying??

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger SooHK said...

I hate airplane food. For the past 6 to 7 years I have been presented with food which to me to burn some time while on the plane.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Saffron said...

Eh heh heh, you actually did a blog comparing super duper nasi panggang with airplane food. :)

I think make you even sadder lor.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Airline food - the ultimate affront to any foodie. Hope things go well settling back in to study :P

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

reid : nope, the 2 are different things. Terung masam I would literally call it 'sour eggplant'.

guan : *jeles* but anyway, have a nice time back home yar~

pinkcocoa : hehe... 2/3 of my luggage are food. U say ler?

zh1yong : Thanx for linking me. Of course I wouldn't mind. :)

blackwidow : sakana no yuujin desu. ;)

cooknengr : Ee? Da Ge, very kiang lai wor~ How do you know I like Yi Shu one ar?

mrst : It's my pleasure. :)

wilson : Yap, human have strange passion on their own original land normally.

Julie : *hug back* Kam Chia Nyi, another hakka moi. :P Hopefully my next trip back, I'll be able to make more good memories. ;)

winterx : My dear~ I was talking to many on the phone that day. Who did you refer to? :P Btw, your latest post of the alien attack on blogs made me laugh. So adorable!!

mrkiasu : *wuek* was my comment.

munkit : *nod head*

acrix : Vegan means "vegetarian without consumption of milk neither egg product. Yap, I owez mistaken as Japanese, even by the Japanese. *sigh*

Lance : You are very welcome. :) Hope it gives you a virtual trip to Kuching as well. ;)

spottiwoode : Nope, actually Malaysians student rank no. 4 in the foreign students amount in Japan. But it is true that few Malaysians is studying in Kyoto, if compared to Tokyo, Osaka and Kobe. To be precised, I'm studying Food Enzymology.

soohk : "Food to burn some time" Aptly said! But sometimes I think to burn the time with nice movies on airplane even better than the food. :P

saffron : Right... stupid fish, airmeal mana can compare with the drooling nasi panggang.

ben : Thank you. Still hasn't feel I'm totally back to my study after came back to Japan this long. *blush* for reminding, must get back to the pace.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish : I have no Idea you are a 亦舒 fan. I only read her work while OC at blackwidow's house, she's got a huge collection. However, I'm a big fan of 亦舒's two brothers 金庸 and 倪匡. Just finished 2 series of 金庸 last week.

BTW, I did not know they are bothers and sister till last year.

Shit, the 倚天屠龍記 14 DVD set I bought from Sungai Wang, cannot be watched with my DVD player.....that SOB retailer told me the DVDs did not have area restriction. Lesson learned, always buy VCD instead of DVD, you can't play Malaysian DVD on a Sony, since Sony also owns movie studios, they are active in protectiong movie rights.



http://csn23.com/fiction/

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger zxcvd said...

Cheap WOW GOld, Please look here
Buy wow GoLd,
World of Warcraft WOw golD and woW gOld money,
wOw Gold.Acquista WOw gold oro,
wow goldSoldi, WOw GOld to each loyal and
woW goLD siamo uno dei miglioriWoW gold which is very cheap.WOw gold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home