Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

One GOOD One BAD

The Good :)

Hello everyone, I've past my driving license this morning. Heee... I made myself to take the exam one day earlier as planned. Really glad I don't have to go there early morning anymore. Well, decided not to write the compain letter. 得饶人处且饶人. Anyway, I just did my complain verbally to the lady, actually just to remind her never repeat this mistake again of other people.

I was calm today. Too tired to feel anxious. Do what I've done during the lesson last Saturday. It was after the exam that my hand felt cold. -_-"

The examiner asked me to go in front to him.

He suddenly said, "Kekkou desu". (That's enough).

"??" I couldn't really get what he meant.

"Yang san unten umai ya na~" (Yong, you drive very well.) Now I think I know his real meaning.

Really?? Is that mean I past??

"Nan de konna ni umaku naru na~" (Hmm... how come you become so good in driving).

Hmm... I told him I attended a driving lesson on Saturday. I guessed it was a good decision I made.

Phew!!! I was sooooo happy. It was like a heavy burden on my shoulder suddenly gone.

"Yoku yatta yo! Kore kara mo kono choshi de unten shite kudasai ne." (Great job! Hope from now on you keep you driving this way).



After 4 hrs of waiting, I finally had my licence hand over to me. \^o^/

Meet my Japanese driving license. Heee... very different from one in Malaysia huh~ In fact, u can even open a bank account by using driving license in Japan.

This would be one of my proud achievement in Japan, after all the way I have gone through. Otsukaresama deshita, fish fish! Kekeke...

The Bad :(

While I was still in the mood of appreciating the new license, I came back to the lab and found my visa EMS has arrived. That's fast.

Happily, I opened the envelope.

My heart sinked down half when I saw something that is unexpected.



The expiration date of my visa, is 17 July 2005!! OMG!! How come? If so, will that mean I have to stay illegally from 18 July onward? My oral presentation is on 18 July!!

I tried to track for the information about the visa stuff. It stated in the homepage of the US embassy that the length of the visa not equivalent of the length I can stay in US. Hmmm... in fact my sensei said he also heard about this rule.

The statement is as below :

Please note: The length of the visa does not equate to a length of stay. When you enter the United States, you will be inspected by an officer of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. They will determine the amount of time you will be permitted to remain in the U.S. Extensions of stay will be approved only for unexpected or compelling humanitarian reasons. The maximum extension period of stay for travelers entering with a B visa is 6 months.

I am very confused now. I just faxed a letter to the embassy about the doubt. But I wonder if they will feed back as the site quoted to ask a question, it will be charged. Expensive indeed. -_-"

Anyone of you out there, can help me to solve this doubt? Thank you so much.

Why is it always like this? The process always not smooth? My friend was saying to me "Fish Fish, 好事多磨"

I hope she is right.

I'm going to meet Sylvia in the town soon now. To munch on a 7-scoop for 500yen Hagen Daaz.

Ar~ I need to release my stress now.

Tata~

16 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worry, you just have to enter the country before 17JUL2005. Once you are in, you are good.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

yalar. once you are inside US, you are safe. wah...go haagen daaz also didnt ask me to join. how come you never go yuri no kikai eh ?

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

好事总是带着危机~

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Yuen Li said...

Congratulations on passing the driving test! :)

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger ~AnGeL~ said...

congratulations on passing... finally!!! really glad u did u... anyway, wish u luck with the visa.. almost always u get the best at the very end right??!! :)

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, when you enter the US, you'll be issued a I-94 that states how long the visa is going to be valid after a 問話 session, a lengthy one for Malaysian male. Don't worry, Fish Fish should have no problem, just be calm and keep that smilly face that we have never seen. Don't get intimidated, INS officers are the most cold faced govt officers I've ever met in the US....looks almost like the 殺氣重 重的Ta Ker person.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Evil Jonny said...

They're just trying to prevent immigration. Once you state your needs, they will grant you the correct dates based on your needs. Don't worry.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better check with the Taishikan to make sure. Unten no testo wa ometteto. ~Blackwidow~

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Phan said...

The immigration officers at the checkpoint used to be very nice. Must be the stress from their work nowadays. Since you can speak English, you will be at an advantage. Dennis once met a US immigration officer that spoke Malay to him. He thought Dennis was from Malaysia. Btw I think all International entry-points have eye-ball scanning and thumbprint recording.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Julia said...

Congrats on passing your driving test, fish fish! :) Don't worry about your visa. I'm sure you'll be able to get it sorted out in time.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger obachan said...

Omedetoooooo!!! fish fish!!(^^)/~~~
I'm so glad that you finally got the D license. The visa issue will be sorted out, I think. Don't worry. No matter what challenges come, you'll always make it. I have a faith in you. Go enjoy your Hagen Daaz. :D

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

anon : I hope you are right. Thanks.

patrick leong : yuri no kikai? pay expensive price for those sucky food? Tell me if you want to go?

acrix : I hope so.

yuen li : TQ. ^_^

~angel~ : I hope it will. As long as the mirror curse is not true. -_-" Btw gal, if next time I'm going for a drive in the weekend, you wanna join the tour? Have been talking to Sylvia, we will all kongsi rent a car, I'll be the driver. Kekeke...

cooknengr : So Da Ge, does that mean that even after 17 July, I will still can legally stay in the US?

kimchi jon : I really dun know why this is happening to me. As far as I know, 3 other frens applied with the same method, they are in Tokyo, and 2 got 10 years multiple entry, 1 got 5 years multiple entry. Only me???

Blackwidow : Arigatou. Yah~ I have sent a fax to them. But no respond at all yet. Also have ask a travelling company to help me on that. Hopefully the thing can be settled by next week. Btw, the dictionary things, I'll reply you a mail on weekends ok? Gomenne dear~

phan : You know, sometimes I think they are acting too much after the terror thing. *sigh*

julia : Thanks dear. Just pray the thing can be settled down fast.

obachan : the Hagen Daaz was great. But the promotion was the last day yesterday nite. They going to start with a new program call special cup.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, make sure the immigration officers are aware of your convention and visiting and partying in CA at LAX...they will put a new date on your I-94.

worse come to worse, you can always go to Las Vegas's drive thru chapel and 假結婚.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Da Ge? Where got another fish that wanna Jia Jie Hun with this ikan ikan? Kekeke...

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger mrstweety said...

Hey..FF,
Congrats on passing your driving test.. this is really good news.. :)
About the visa.. as far as i can remember.. even if they chop you for 3months during entry.. you can go before your expiry .. a month ahead.. and extend your stay.. given reason.
I hope this helps..?? Immigration ppl are quite reasonable .. as far as i have encountered.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

mrst : Thanks dear~ Yap, I've confirmed that it was ok for my visa yesterday. So settled. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home