Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

SQUARE HEADS!!

I was in a happy mood yesterday. It made me feel happy to see so many lovely greetings in the comment. Thanks everyone!

But today, it is totally the other way round. I am still quite upset by what had happened this morning. Or should I say "frustrated"?

Remember the previous post where I wished I can bite him off? Ha!! Today was even a more ridiculous happening.

I changed to take driving with automatic gear last week. Took once and failed. Fine, that's ok. Admitting I might still not good enough, I gave up my fun on last Saturday, went to take another 50 min driving lesson that cost 6500yen (RM230), and this time the venue was in the spot where my exam was. The sensei was a very good teacher. Within 50 min, I learnt many important points that need to be careful to pass the test.

In fact, after I finished the lesson, he suddenly told me one thing.

"I have taught many foreigners before, and I have to tell you, you are one of the best I've ever taught."

It was a surprised encouragement for me. As after test by test failed me, I really don't have anymore confidence.

He added, "For the first round, I can see that you don't know the rules much, and you made your driving look so busy. But after 2 rounds, I was amazed by your improvement."

His words has meant a lot to me.

"Thank you so much. I'll try my best." Couldn't hide my delighted face.

"No, what you need the most is to stay calm during the exam. I can't really see the reason why you can't pass for the next exam. Good luck!!" He gave me a smile before we ended the class.

So, with all the new confidence that he gave me, I woke up at 6am this morning. Took 1.5hr to reach the driving test centre. Hell, this is my 5th trip there. Get my document done again at 8.30am and waiting for my time to take the test.

Then, suddenly, the staff that dealt with my document suddenly came to look for me in the waiting area.

Guess what??

"Miss Yong, I'm afraid you can't take the exam today."

WTF??!! I thought something wrong with my ears.

"You see, I just found out that your old license ended on March 18."

"Yes, that's right."

"Do you have your renew license?" I showed him my new license.

"We forgot to tell you, the law in Japan is either your license or the duration for taking the exam has expired, whichever come first, will forbid you from taking the exam."

I opened my eyes big big look at him, "NO~ you must be kidding! None of you ever told me this. Not even when I have my application being processed, and the previous three times when I took the exam in end of March, which is later than the 18 March."

"I'm sorry. But you can't take the exam today. You must have your Japanese translation for the new license to enable you to take the exam."

"I couldn't believe this. You only discovered this after have given me 3 totally meaningless driving tests? That waste my money, my time, my energy and emotionally torturing me. You all could have tell me all these much much earlier and not after all the trouble I have gone through. Do you know everytime I come to take this exam, I have to get a special holiday from my professor, and I have to let my work be disturbed?" Yes, I was in a hot mood now. But I learnt the Japanese way to speak still very soft with the sharp words.

"Now, tell me what should I do? You don't expect me to go back to Malaysia to get my English translation, do you?" I didn't give hime chance to say.

"You are trying to make me cry, don't you?" I stared at him.

He knew he was the one in guilt, so he didn't say much to defense himself. However, eventually, we went up to the 2nd floor to seek for resolution. The girl that dealt with my application document was deeply sorry too for her carelessness. Anyway, useless to argue over that anymore. I just want the problem to be solved as fast.

So, I had to go to a branch of Japan Automobile Federation (JAF) to get my Japanese translation for my driving license. It spent me 1 hr to go there. And paid for another 3000yen just for a few simple Japanese sentences to prove my license. One can do the translation too in Embassy of Malaysia for only 200yen, but for Kansai Malaysians to do that, we need to go to Tokyo. Ha!! The one in Osaka was closed couple years ago. Stoooopid!!

Before I left the driving test centre to the JAF, I blew my cheek like a puffer fish and heaved a heavy sigh. The guy noticed it, and he imitated a heavy sigh like mine too.

Duh~! If I have a hammer that moment, he will become flat like a pancake liao.

"I can't believe you guys actually make this kind of mistake."

"Me... my mistake." That guy showed the sorry expression again. Actually, he was not the only one that processed my documents before. But, it didn't matter anymore. If only I could give them a good punch, and say "Oh~ I'm sorry~"

"Mou kanben shite kureyo!" (你们饶了我吧!)

The last sentence I gave them before I left the place to JAF.

But I know, I'm going to be famous there. Hmm... thinking of writing a complain letter to them after I gain my license. I wonder if it is possible for me to claim back my wasted money. Most likely not. :(

Let see what is going to happen this Firdayt then.

Tell me, if you were me, would you be pissed off??

14 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger Julie said...

omg.. sorri to hear tat )=

if i m in ur shoes.. i will definitely write a complaint letter to them.. grrrrrr..

anyway cHeEr uP hakka moii.. *muAk*

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Yuen Li said...

Gosh, that's really terrible! My sympathies. And yes, write a letter of complaint.

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

It;s definitely their fault but imagine if the same thing happened in malaysia here, i dun think they will give a damn~ Cheer up n hope u will get ur license!

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger mei gie said...

Pity you...just when you went there with so much confidence, you have to leave with so much anger and dissapointment. Dont worry too much...you will definitely be able to get yourself a license very soon.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger mrstweety said...

Poor FF! poor .. poor FF..!! MrsT .. wish i can go terajang them .. for you ..!!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger michaelooi said...

everytime you're feeling pissed, just think of NEW ORLEEEAAANNS... and you'll be happy again.

Please rape Yosemite for me... *jealous* *jealous*

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FF,

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with the driving thing. You handled yourself very well. I would have blown and talked with the head of the dept. But because you handled yourself well, they will remember you as the good person you are and hopefully next time they'll treat you extra nice. -lance

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, feel so sorry for you..but who says life is easy ? Fish Fish is so nice to say 你们饶了我吧! I bet mommy Fish would 問候 their moms or XJJ instead :)Hope you feel better today, if not visit Kenny Sia.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger min said...

sorry fishfish babe=(

I forgot to say something in the previous post..If you are going Yosemite, it's best to go with a bunch of guys..very secluded and unsafe there tho it's very beautiful.

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

julie and yuen li : Heh! I will. But I wonder will they get my points from my broken Japanese. -_-"

acrix and meigie : I hope so. Cna't wait for the license to be on my hand.

mrst : Heeee... terajang... I haven't heard this word for ages. Thanks.

michael ooi : Ha!! I will, if only I make my trip to be able to go there.

lance : Actually I don't wish to see their face anymore. If they really want to be nice to be, I just hope they let me pass my next test. That's all.

cooknengr : Heee... Da Ge, seem like you know my mummy well. She oledi gave them a good Wen Hou when I told her on the phone last nite. :P

min : Err... fish fish alone with a bunch of guys??? Do you think that will be safe? However, thanks for the advice. If I'm really going, Eddie Kor Kor and Doreen will protect me one. Kekeke...

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger obachan said...

OMG, that’s terrible! I would definitely be so pissed if I were you!! I think you should be able to get some money back. Poor fish fish! Hope things turn out better on Friday!

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With that much steam in you...let's go karaoke (if u got the time) this weekend ne...me need to let off some "desserts" too :) Maybe this time we can make yoyaku at that 'yaoya no nikai'...

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

aiyoh fish. told you. actually i still dont see the point why you make life difficult to get a japanese driving license. i thought you are graduating next march ? are you staying back for something else ? japanese husband ? working here ? bicycle quite convenient what ! anyway good luck in next test. have to go 'wan san' abit la. did you ?

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Obachan : It has turned good today, one day earlier that I hope. :)

Sylvia : We'll be meeting in Hagen Daaz tonite. ^o^

Patrick : Heee... I didn't wan san. But hor, I broke my own mirror by putting my butts on it unintentionally. Maybe that broke that bad spell??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home