Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

~Angel~ in Uji (May 3, Pt 2)

I am soooo pissed off now!! A whole nice long post that I've written... POOF!! All gone, because of this stupid blogger error.

Urghh... have to rewrite all again. No mood already. I'll make it into a shorter one.

Before that, thanks a lot 5xmom, for the nice Luo Han Zai that you put in Penang Faces for fish fish. ^_^ Hey, go to see it... especially Dennis and Phan, you will love it too. ;)

Ok, it's my turn to trigger your appetite. :P

Kyoto Station

After a nice time in Uji with Angel, we went to Kyoto Station to meet Sylvia and Patrick. Patrick would only meet us an hr later due to his 18sx exploration in Hieizan. :P



While waiting for him... The 2 girls got there daily drug - coffee. Fish Fish get my Sweet Sweet Circle from Mr Donut, which eventually triggered the 2 girls to get one too. :P

We were sitting under this splendid building... chatting and munching.

Kyoto Station Building, a place that is my favorite for its magnificent design.



Later, when Patrick caught up with us, we decided to bring Angel have a walk across the Skyway. A long long walk that hang on the air. Another great design.



In the middle, we have platforms that prepared for having a good sight of the Kyoto Tower that stands proudly opposite it. It was nothing in height if compared to Twin Tower - KLCC Suria or the latest Taipei 101... but it is the tallest buidling in Kyoto, the symbol of Kyotojin pride.

Right, what were we doing in Kyoto Station?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



TRA LA LA!! For picking up this Nissan March that we rented for our real trip for the next day. We booked it thru the Seikyo in my university... and we only paid 5040 yen (Rm178) for the car itself for 12 hr rental time. However, we were given extra 27 hr for free. A total 39 hrs for owing the car. Woo Hoo!! With extra charge on 2-day insurance, 2100 yen that excluding the supplying of petrol... it was still a very reasonable offer.

Actually I've always wanted a GREEN MARCH... It always makes me very envy every morning when I past through a GREEN MARCH in my neighbourhood. However, I'm satisfied with this white March. In fact, now I have the license, even though I'm still as broke to own one for myself... I think I will try to rent different car brand from time to time to feel the differences. Ok, Toyota is out... I've been driving Toyota for years... My family is Toyota fan. So, dun think I need to try on that. :P Ah wait, maybe the Hybrid System may worth a consideration. ;)



The back of this March. Cute or not? ^_^

We requested car navigation system for it when we booked it. It was for free. By search and play with the system, we managed to escape safely from the very congested street at Kyoto Station area with a doki doki heart. Phew! A safe arrive to my University area.

We decided to eat in Madang - an "Italian" restaurant nearby our school that also offer Pibinba. Weird huh~



It is compulsory for each customer to order at least one drink. This is because this restaurant is famous with its "super pasta".

So, what is so special about the pasta?

The rule goes :
For a 500g of pasta, it is for around 1000yen.
However, for a pasta volume up to 1000g, you just have to add 300yen. Which is a very good offering for students to eat in big group.



We decided to order this Tomato Chilli Basil Sauce 1.5mm spaghetti with Mushroom Topping. Usually, when a restaurant in Japan says the food is spicy, it is always disappointing. Beware if you have the same concept on this one. I would say it is one of the most delicious spicy dish that I had in Japan. A spiciness that will make one addicted.



Kekeke... Here we started with the Malaysian way for eating a pasta. (Really?? Nah~ I made this up. :P)

Actually, it was from the inspiration of Lau Sang... a practise by some Chinese during Chinese New Year... for the symbol of prosperity.

Lau Lau Lau... we were ready for a good feast.

The taste? Fantastic. Will give a good cure for those who miss spicy food so much.



We also ordered a chili mayonnaise prawn pizza. Another great dish that should not be missed in this restaurant. Btw, this restaurant also offers Pibinba (Korean mixed Rice)... that why I use "Italian". :P But we didn't order that, no space to fill up anymore.

The whole thing cost around 1000 yen each for us.



Left to right : Angel, Patrick and Sylvia.
Ar~ the Shiawase 3... with Pan Pan Stomach. *burp*

Ah~ so glad I finished the post. Tsukareta!!

16 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Yuen Li said...

Blogger's certainly been playing up recently.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey.. FF,
What nice food again. :)

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger ting-aling said...

hope you feel better now that you've made your post shorter..

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Acrix said...

I normally back up the html code of the blog entry to notepad before proceeding with the post button~ Erm wat's Seikyo? Arh hungry now looking at ur food and gona cook myself some lunch~

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Lrong said...

ahh, kyoto eki is nice to browse around... the spaghetti... ooh...

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish: no blood stain on the door seams, so you made it. On the other hand, may be now you have the finger of steel...molasa already.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger foodpocket said...

Hi FishFish! I like green Marches too!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger ~AnGeL~ said...

thank u... dear! i had fun... lotsa fun. food was good. company was great. scenery was beautiful. what else can we ask for? how is your little finger doing?

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Julie said...

my dear fishfish.. the pizza looks so tempting delicious! 'me long time no eat pizza.. always kfc' o_O

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Phan said...

Fish fish,

Thanks for the info about the Lo Hon Chai. It is a very detailed description of that dish. Very good indeed. :oD
My grandmom used to cook this dish alot and this dish is in fact one of my favorites. She used to say that this was the Cantonese way of cooking "chai" using the red fermented beancurd. We will serve this in our restaurant.:oD

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

yuen li : *agree*

mrst : Hope you enjoyed it. :)

ting-aling : Hey! Shorter post also long... Just imagine the original long post. -_-"

acrix : Actually I did that too. But stupid me, I didn't notice it was only the final part. So have to rewrite again lor. Seikyo means coorperative society, in my case, it is the one in school.

lrong : You been to browse around Kyoto Eki? If not, next time you here I can be ur guide. ^_^

cooknengr : That day when I was having lunch with Patrick, he was saying my nail seem to wanna come out. *touch wood!!*

foodpocket : Yeah! Green March is the best March. :P

~angel~ : My finger... I oso dun know, it sometimes just suddenly get very painful. I have to be very careful lor. Even Patrick said it seem like coming out. -_-" Btw, I wish can meet with you again in near future. ^_^

julie : Dear~ I can tell you this pizza is really good. Why don't next time I go back Kuching you eat Pizza Hut with me? It's been a very long time I don't have Pizza Hut oledi. Pizza Hut in Japan too expensive, an L size cost around RM1000.

phan : I only had fermented beancurd stir fry vege, but not the mixed vege version. Duh~ got so much Phan's dishes that fish fish wanna try. How is the business progress so far ar? Didn't see you guys updating for a long time.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Julie said...

RM1000???????????????????? o_O okok i buy u a L pizza when u r back ^^

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

julie : Duh~ stupid typo. Sorry, NOT 1000 ringgit, but it is 100riggit. Sorry I shocked you. -_-" But I will still looking forward for you L pizza. :P yum~

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Phan said...

We are negotiating with a landlord that is not familiar with leasing to restaurant. Hence we are having some weird requests like he asks us to close at 4 in the afternoon on Saturdays. Normally it is hard to do that when it is daylight and people are still walking around in downtown. So troublesome lala. :OP But I think we can work that out. By the way, how do you fry burdocks? I bought some burdocks. I use them for making soup. Never deep-fry them before. I am interested in trying that now :oD

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Phan : Ok, sweet smile more to the landlord to melt him/her. Heeee... Saturday is the best business time in Japan, I'm not sure about US.

To make a fried burdock...

Cut the burdock into little finger size strips. Then coats with your frying batter. Put into deep oil to fry. Voila! Done. To make it into more Japanese...

Put some green tea powder to mix with table salt.. then sprinkle on the fried burdock.

How that sound? Make it dear~ then show it to me. ^_^

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Phan said...

Your recipe sounds cool. Just nice that I have some green tea powder around. Have a hard time finding that powder because not sure how to say that in Japanese. Alright la, I make it and show it to you soon. No chance of sweet smiling at the landlord cause he is well hidden. We only get to deal with his minions like the yakuza leh hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home