Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Instant Ramen Museum (May 19, Pt 1)

We departed to Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum by bus at 9am.


The bus went on well-fenced highway. That was a train railway that build above the highway.


After about 1.5 hr, we got out form the highway, and getting near to the museum. Across the ground transportation was an overhead brigde for pedestrians. On top of it, another railway for monorail was built. In Japan, they like to fully occupy their spaces due to the very limited land available for development. As a result, we will see "stacking roads" like this.


Ah~ what a sunny day for visiting my 1st instant ramen museum.


Akamatsu sensei (left) and Tanaka sensei (right) were giving a short briefing before we had our free time until 12.40pm.

During that time, I had a good look at the museum as well as a nice lunch at Menou Momofukutei.


They got this "little house" inside the museum that showed the place of very early process of making instant ramen was during its invention time.


I was deeply impressed by the idea of using visualized effect for the deep frying pan. Splendid!


Then, I visited the history corner about the invention of instant ramen by Ando Momofuku (安藤百福). Even though he was bankrupt at the age of 48, he never gave up on his life. Instead, he invented the 1st instant ramen that changed his wheel of fortune.

For those of you that are interested to know how his invented the instant ramen, please go here, then click on "アニメ発明物語". You'll be able to watch an interesting flash movie. ^_^


As written on the starting of the instant ramen history : "A meal" is the very thing for starting point to all things.


Especially after the 2nd world war, people would line in a very long queue just for a bowl of ramen.

And so, after day by day of non-stop attempts...


The 1st instant ramen - Chicken Ramen was finally on sale at 26 August 1958. Immediately, it became a big hit among the nations. Today, the influence of instant noodle? Needless for me to say more. :)


From the earlier transparent packaging, the chicken ramen has turned into something like this for its outlook. However, the authentic taste of the Chicken Ramen still remain the same.


Later, cup noodle was invented. It looks simple, but the noodle-in-the-middle concept plays a very important role for the success of this cup noodle.


The ingredients for topping the cup noodle has turned into many choices.


For promoting up the sales, a vending machine for cup noodle was invented.


Another corner was displaying the series of instant noodle.


Even the ceiling, when you look up, bowl by bowl of instant noodle will "smile" at you.

"Hohoho! We are delicious!"


GooTa (具多), one of the Nissin's latest series that got a big hit in Japan since it first release in 2002. Among them, I can only eat this "Seasonal Mushroom Noodle" that is released in 2003. The noodle inside was little, but the ingredients were generous, just as it is named "Many Ingredients". One of this is for around RM10.


I then went into a mini cinema for a short movie about the making of the cup noodle.

1. The starting of the "Making of the cup noodle".
2. Mixture of flour and other ingredients for making a good dough.
3. Long lines of noodle is sent through a long conveyor belt for cutting.
4. Fried noodles that were ready to be packed.
5. Sealing cup noodles.
6. The end.

In fact, I enjoyed so much this short movie. A very good learning about the cup noodle. The BIG CURVY screen was indeed leading me inside the GIANT processing lines.

For that, I decided to make the one and only My Cup Noodle... for a 300yen payment. -_-"

So, I bought an empty cup noodle container from a vending machine. Sterilized my hands.

Then, here I go for Fish Fish's Cup Noodle. ^o^



1. First, the cup noodle capped an up-side-down instant noodle.

2. Then, by using the concept "up-side-down" filling, the noodle was "turned" into the cup. This movement fixed the noodle position inside the cup.

3. Next, you move to the session where more than 10 types of ingredients and 4 types of flavour are displayed.

4. Just tell the staff in front of you, and they will fill in 1 flavour and 4 types of ingredient of your choice.



Hohoho!! The ingredients chose by Fish Fish with Curry Flavour.
Asparagus, cheddar cheese, kimchi and corn. Kekeke... I'm very curious about the taste. Will make a review on that after I taste it. Wait ar~



1. The design of My Cup Noodle. :P "Kuishinbo~Meow~, yum~yum~"

2. Then, it is sealed with a paper cap.

3. The staff put the cup into a plastic bag and sealed it.

4. By the heat inside a hot compartment, the plastic shrunk and fixed perfectly to the cup.



Dang Dang!! The final product of My Cup Noodle. Don't you agree it is very cute. Kihkihkih...



A group photo for the members on that day. If you want to download a large version on this one please click here.
: このグループの写真が欲しい皆さん、ここをクリックして下さい

Camera girl : Fish Fish ^_^

13 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish you forgot to say "Say Cheese" ah ? Esp. the guy in red T-shirt...so serious one, ta ker 甘拜下風.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger babe_kl said...

wow, i'm blown away! this is so interesting. wahhh even got yr own cup noodle *respect*

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Kimberlycun said...

what an interesting trip! i wanna go to japan one day n u gotta be my guide ok? mwahs

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Wilson said...

Wahseh....really informative post.
"Ang Ho Kau leh! Ngai oi he Jippun!!"

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fascinating post! but cheese in instant noodles?
toru

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, that was interesting, I knew about the museum, but your post made me really wan to go! Hmmm Tell us how your ramen turned out! it sounded yummy, but then I love all those ingredients, and i love eating japanese curry with kimchi...ok i eat kimchi with almost everything ahhh well. I really enjoyed this post thank you!

Milgwimper

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous mrkiasu said...

Japanese is really funny, they can even build a museum for RAMEN, what a joke lah.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : I also laugh when I saw his expression in the pic. I did say cheese ar~ too may people, hard to control the situation ler~

babe_kl : Not only My Cup Noodle. But oso My Chicken Ramen. :P

kimberlycun : No problem. You better make fast while I'm still in Japan.

wilson : Kekeke... you can follow your Sis-in-law come. By the way, the ceremony going to be in what form and where? Yapunis way of kahwin very mar fan one. So expensive some more. -_-"

toru : My fren say nice wor~ But I not yet try.

milgwimper : Heh... I've never tried Japanese curry with kimchi actually. Nice? Now worry I might make a wrong combination. -_-"

mrkiasu : Hey, Kuching got a Cat Museum. :P

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Very interesting ..FF,
I've heard of the museum.. but i never took the trouble to go see it.. when i was in japan.. :(
coz' i wasn't that interested in food.. till i'm away from asia..! sad huh..?? all the things i missed..!!
The group picture got FF in it or not..??

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger babe_kl said...

mr kiasu, in kl got bread museum but kinda far... in shah alam :p

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fish Fish,

I th combo of Japanese curry rice and kimchi was really good...thats how my of my Korean friends eat it, and I love eating like that. Considering japanese curry is not that spicey, the contrast of the pickeled kimchi and curry was good too me. Im sure your combo will be excellent!

Milgwimper

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

FF:

I dunno how the ceremony will be like. I saw in in cantonese gangster movie once lah......heeh!! Have you done a post about Japanese marriage b4?

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

mrst : I was the camera gal. ;)

babe_kl : Really?? That was an interesting info for me too.

milgwimper : Gonna try it next week. ^_<

wilson : Nope, no chance yet. I mean for a proper Japanese marriage. Did attend 2 ceremonies in Japan though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home