Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Odaigahara (May 4, Pt 1)

We decided to go for a one-day trip in Odaigahara (大台ケ原), a very famous moss forest in the border line of Nara Prefecture and Mie Prefecture. Angel, Patrick, Sylvia and me, started our journey from 6.30 am. Patrick has posted it, for those of you who wants to know more, please click here. As shown here, the forest used to be very green in 1960's, but after 30 years, it has turned into something deserted, due to many reasons.

So, with the cute White March...

Vrooommm!! Here we go~

La la la~~~



After we got out from the city, we started to have scene like this along the driving. It made one's lungs feel so refresh.



The water was still like a green mirror, making me wanna jumped into it. *just thinking*



Pic by Sylvia.

Sylvia spotted these nice old not-in-operation vending machines. Looked so lonely standing in their place.



Pic by Sylvia.

The driving was not an easy one. For the way of going, I drove for around 5 hrs non-stop. The later half of the road was mostly very winding with the pretty "S" word.



We past through around 20 tunnels. Man~ I really salute the tunnel system in Japan. It is something you wouldn't find in Malaysia for sure.

Slowly, we went uphill little by little until we were almost to the destination.

We couldn't believe our eyes with the long line of cars parking on both side of the narrow road, when we reached there at 11.30am. Crazy Yapunis! (Right, crazy fish fish and the gang too. :P)

Very luckily, we managed to take a very good parking when suddenly another car left the place.

We started our short trekking after rested for 30 min.



Odaigahara Visitor Center - Mt. Hidegatake, the path that we did for our trekking. We didn't go for more, due to constrained time.



Hohoho!! The journey started...



Soon, the scenery changed into something like this everywhere.



Duh~ the 2 big budak...

Patrick :"Ah Cha~! Here go my Shao Lin Kick!"

Angel :"Cheh~ Sap Sap water with my Hor Xin Gu Fist lar~"

Now, this is what we call 四両扳千斤? :P



Some of the part were fenced for the rehabilitation of the forest. Deers are avoided from entering it to eat the tree barks.



Only coniferous trees can be found here.



The died version of part of the trees. Just the trunk and twigs... so bald.



Kekeke... Angel and Sylvia turned into tiny dolls if compared to the trees.



Pic by Sylvia.

Another bums-in-action picture that was taken silently by Sylvia on Angel and me.



"Duh~ you girls ar~ can walk faster or not??"

Patrick was grumbling already, as we stopped too much for taking pictures.

"We give you enough time to rest so stylish, not good mer?" I fought back. Hmm!

The result? We still ignored him and walked with our own pace. :P



This is a place full of natural artpieces. Indeed, some of them were amazingly beautiful. The creation of nature.



Many died trees have fell down in between of the green and withered trees.



Ah~ Another great piece. I just love it.



It was quite rare to be able to find a "waterfall" here.

Waterfall? Nah~ actually this is just some very tiny flow of water from don't know where. But it does look lovely, right?

Now, this forest is not just about coniferous trees, it is more than that.

That, will leave for tomorrow. ^_^

17 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so agree with you about the tunnel systems in Japan. They are fantastic! While we were going to Kumamoto, Kyushu by car, we passed by so many tunnels, I lost count of them and each tunnel had its own name, most prob named after the designers.
Ai Ling

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...it must be such a enjoyable trip..driving may be tiring but is tremendously shiok !! Really make me drooling...cant wait for my trip..feel so good after reading it. Thanks for your help, I am all set for my kk trip !!

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

ai ling : i am wondering whether you passed roads winding upwards and downwards while on the way to kumamoto...

fish : nice pictures. i didnt actually take too many pictures of the dry forest. a really nice trip to be with contact with the nature. thanks again.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish: everyone is waiting for the 辮子姑娘 of 長恨歌, 第三段 to show her 長恨功,第七招: 回眸一笑. When leh ?

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger ~AnGeL~ said...

where are my photos.... hey keep planning trips... to the beach next.. no more mountain.. count me in for summer!! u understand what that means? :)

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HMmm... I can "smell" the greenary from your pictures. FF, when you come to California... let's go to Yosemite. We'll take you see the real big waterfall. Ask Ta ker to email some of his pictures. By the way... (drum rolls)I may start a blog about "FIGHTS". I have been to many fights recently, so sayang if didn't share the experiences.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger JulieDee said...

Julie's partner Andrea here! Julie asked me to post this message for her! She over did it this weeked and is really paying for having such a good time! So, here's her message!

___________________________________

Most Likely...

If you are reading this "standard cut and paste" note it is most likely because you have already not seen me for several days and most likely will not see me for several more. The reason for this (in order of most likelihood) is most likely because I'm having either; (1.) a bad pain episode, usually caused by arthritis and/or reflex sympathetic dystrophy; (2.) a bad pain episode caused by having WAY too much fun and "over doing it" OR (3.) I am recovering from some Frankensteinian medical procedure such as having the bone of a cadaver grafted into my living tissues and/or having leeches and maggots attached to/put into my open wounds in a ghoulish attempt by some New Age witch doctor to cure me by magikal means! EUUUUUUUWE! Just kidding about the New Age witch doctor of course! Wouldn't let one of those quacks ANYWHERE near me!

But take heart friends, I'll be back just as soon as I'm feeling better! In the mean time you can send your well wishes and death threats to juliedee@planetoutcast.net. Hope to see you soon!

Your Friend,

JulieDee!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Lrong said...

So, you drove? 気をつけて下さいね。楽しいそうな旅でいいなぁ。。。

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger ting-aling said...

Hey Fish Fish..still waiting for your picture..

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger blackwidow said...

I'll take any guy messing with ya

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Ai Ling : Yap, some of the name even very spooky. I remembered we past thru one that called something like "Hell". *shudder*

anon : Ok gal, have a nice trip to KK then. Take care during climbing Mount Kinabalu ok. Train up your stamina oledi or not?

patrick leong : My pleasure. Next time we go to the beach lor. I'm scared to bring people around those winding roads oledi. :P Dun want to make people "faint car".

cooknengr : Kekeke... Da Ge, may I know which book that you took those phrase from? :P

~angel~ : Really?!?! Omedetou!! So happy that you will join me for summer. Eh gal~ the photos too many ler~ I put inside a USb and let you download inside your pc next time, can? Is it heavy if I ask you to bring your notebook out then? I most probably will go to Kobe in 2 weeks time. Hohoho!

Blackwidow : Char Bor, dun Just Talk No Action ar~ We wanna see your "FIGHT". Btw, ur lastest comment "I'll take... messing with ya", I catch no ball wor~ You know I cannot fight one, how?

juliedee : Andrea, thank you so much for this message. Please tell Julie dun have to worry being silent, I am much more worry on her health actually. Please take more rest my dear. I'll write an email to you this weekends then. Take a good care, k?

lrong : 楽しかったよ。今度もっと簡単な道を選ぶ。:P

ting-aling : Sorry dear, I have to wait till I have graduated first. Please wait.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, your Chinese teacher didn't teach this meh 白居易's

http://ramius.ss3es.tnc.edu.tw
/poems/chang2_hen4_ge1.html

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Wow!! that's a very old drinks machine.. :) And i'm waiting to see the face of FF .. and not the butt leh.. :)

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, my bad, I set up a site for blackwidow last night, but didn't know she already has an half assed one going. The comment was for testing purposes only checking to see the image fucntion works. The blackwidow is trying to say" If any guy mess wih little FF, she'll beat the crap out of him".

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Bai Ju Yu. Of course I've learnt bout him. I just didn't know the thing you said was from Chang Hen Ge. Btw, thanks a lot for the link? Guess what, I went to read the short intro on the Shi Da Mei Ren. o_O, what a gret stories behind. I think I want to read the full version when I got the time. Btw, you sure the last sentence of what "DD" wrote what something wanted to say by Blackwidow herself?? Kekeke...

mrst : Please wait patiently. :p

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, may be ....may be not :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home