Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Avomayo Sando

Saturday morning is always my favorite time. I usually will sleep until 9am, turn on my TV... After giving myself a morning wash, I am definitely into a hungry mode.

So, time to prepare a nice brunch meal.

Today... I decided to use avocado - the forest's butter to make my brunch. A last minute decision in replace of making Chinese-style stir fry spaghetti.

After 20 min preparation... a yummy and nutritious economic home-made brunch was ready to serve.


Voila!! My nice plate of Avomayo Sando set was ready.

It cost me 250yen for this whole set. Cheap huh~ ;)

Ingredients : 2 slices of thin bread, 1 avocado, 1 tomato, 2 leaves of lettuce, 1 egg, 2 table spoons ketchup, 1 table spoon margerine, a sprinkle of ground black pepper, 1 glass of milk, 1 table spoon cocoa powder, 1 mini cream croquette.


The main dish was this Avomayo Sando.

This was how I made it.
1. Smash half of the peeled avocado to make avocado puree.
2. Add in ketchup and ground black pepper. Mix well.
3. Add in 3/4 thinly sliced lettuce and 3/4 cut tomato cube into the avocado tomato puree.
4. Cut 1/4 of the left avocado into cube and add in. Mix well.
5. Fry the scramble egg with margerine to form a pretty rectangular shape.
6. Apply the Avomayo mixture on both of the toasted breads. Then, place egg in between.
7. Cut the sandwich into half and serve on plate.

The sandwich was surprisingly very good. The creaminess of avocado and sourness of the ketchup blended very well with the whole sandwich. Avocado mayonnaise - I'm just loving it.

It was a kind of very simple yet highest kind of happiness when I munch on this sandwich slowly. Ah~ life... sometimes we just to spoil ourselves more to make our day a much better one. ^_^


All the leftover 1/4 of lettuce, tomato and avocado were made into a bowl of colourful salad.

A very good side dish to go with the densed sandwich.


I bought this mini cream croquette in supermarket during half-price time. All I have to do was put into the toaster and warm it.

Oolala~ another side dish was ready.

In fact, I already felt quite full after the sandwich. Kind of "try my best" to finish this croquette. Usually it tastes yummy, but I guess my sandwich was so nice that it made this croquette only tasted so so. *kihkihkih... praising myself"

Well, a friend told me in her letter lately, "Fish Fish, praise yourself sometimes... Look in the mirror and give a sweet smile to yourself, it will turn your day better."I tried it, hey guess what? It did make me feel better.

So, when you feel depress, why not look into the mirror and give a nice smile to yourself... "Your are just nice", say that to yourself. ^_^


Oh~ definitely a nice brunch like that would not be completed without a nice glass of drink. I made a cold low fat milk cocoa for myself. Simply lovely~

Yum Yum~

Tell me, have you made any meal for yourself today? ^_^

I'm going to do my aqua walking now. Tata~

13 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Anonymous mrkiasu said...

That is super lovely, only if i can get it on my table right now. So satisfying.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Chen said...

What a nice & yummy meal u have :)

I just have egg sandwiches & a glass of low fat milk :D Simple, but delicious as well :P

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, nice breakfast. You know, if I am a fish I would not own a "cat" mug :)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger zh1yong said...

nice meal u had!mine s much simple than urs. only 1 egg, ham sandwiched in 2 pcs of bread and a chocolate milk.. sometimes wil replace bread wf oat meal..

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Why izzit called avomayo? U got add mayo oso? Hmm,fish fish keep it up with more tutorials on how to prepare meals :P Very helpful! Erm i din prepare any food today but i eat too much until i broke a glass at the cafe and cut my finger :P Yaiks, bad luck day~

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Hey.. FF,
I love yer brunch ALOT..! i'm not really into avocado.. but i may just try some now.. :)

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Evil Jonny said...

I made Turkish food. Please come see.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous myke said...

waHhHhhh!! =p

the pix r makin me hungry ^^

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Lrong said...

gimmee gimmeee gimemeeee...

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous winterx said...

it looks really good ff!
i didn't wip up anything yesterday. had pancakes but they were bought not made cause i'm no good when it comes to cooking... it's depressing really...

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

mrkiasu : Heee... try to make one. It's nice~

chen : I love simple food. Yum~

cooknengr : Ai yor~ the "cat" cannot win this "cat fish" one. ;)

zh1yong : I actually prefer oat bread, but hard to get near my apartment.

acrix : Because I made the avocado like a mayonnaise, so I call it avomayo lor~ It didn't has any mayonnaise inside. ^_^

mrst : Try try... see if you like it.

kimchi jon : It was lovely!! Thanks~

myke : Oops... did it make you crave for food?

lrong : come to Kyoto to get it. :P

winterx : Hey dear~ start with simple cooking. It will get more interesting. ^_^

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said...

What a beautiful sandwich! And the avocado looks delicious. I only bought avocado for my baby but never taste it myself. Expensive mah (RM6-7) per fruit. Must follow fish fish advice, I am nice so I deserve an avocado sometimes! *smiles*

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

5xmom : Go ahead dear~ Sayang yourself sometimes. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home