Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, June 20, 2005

The Biwa Temptation

Update : Dear readers, sorry I made a confusion here. My earlier title "The Orange Temptation" wasn't meant "Orange Fruit", but the "Orange Colour" of the fruit, Biwa. Also, I've added a 4th picture for those of you that don't have the idea on how a Biwa look like inside. Yap, it is more like a peach. *muak*

******

I am very much spoilt these few days with a big tree outside my house. Since 2 weeks ago, I have been talking to it every morning before I went to school.

"Ohayo~~~ How are you today? ^_^ Must grow fast fast ar~ Ittekimasu!"

Then in the evening, again I will greeted it with "Tadaima". ^_^

"Did you turn sweeter today? It was a good sunny day, wasn't it?"

Hohoho!!! Finally the time has come...


Since last week, this wild loquat tree outside my apartment have been started to shine with a beautiful orange.

I was so lonely last year since it didn't bear a single fruit. To my surprise, this year it turns into a very heavy tree... with uncountable fruits.


See, it even grow until the fence beside my door. So, every morning or evening, whenever I feel like to, I will just cut pluck some for myself.


See the colour... it is such a nice ripen orange. SO FRESH!!

They are small if compared to the cultivated one.

But the sweetness and the juiciness?? Mmmm~~~ something that would give me a very high feeling. I can't help but grin to myself after I finish the whole bowl at one go.

"Gochisosamadeshita!!" *burp~*

Oh~ I'm going to be spoilt again today. Yum~ Yum~

Addition : How a peeled-biwa look like

15 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

those oranges looked like the GM oranges.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said...

Is it a citrus fruit or is it like peaches? 'Cos I remember seeing canned loquats which is like small peaches.

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger babe_kl said...

wah fish fish darn lucky to get FOC fruits literally by your door step :p nice arh? sweet??

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, I bet the wild loquats are 又香又甜. like the saying 家花那有野花香 or may be the loquats get the 又香又甜 from the sweet and cute little neighbor ?

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger MrsT said...

Wow..!! finished the whole bowl on your own..?? wow..!! they must be really good then..??

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger mmulibra said...

wah, can open FF Sunkist business ;-)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Oh no fish fish kill her neighbours! Everyday wish them to grow fast so that u can consume them, how evil! Oh yah, can i have some too? haha~

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Chen said...

woh.. fish fish actually talk to the trees every morning? Hehehe.. luckily the tree doesn't reply u back :P

But it's "rewarding" as well, since the tree bear so many nice sweet oranges :D Woh.. U can finish one whole bowl at one go? That's a lot leh :D Can I have some too? :P

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love loquats too, the Japanese ones retail for about $70.00 per kg. Precious like gold.
umami
http://umami.typepad.com/umami/

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

patrick leong : Wei~ kawan. Ini bukan orange lar~ You never eaten any before? It is called Biwa in Japanese.

5xmom : It is texture peach-like, but do not taste like peach. Post a 4th picture for you already. ^_^

babe_kl : Of course, veli sweet~~~ FOC is the best. Muahahahahha!!

cooknengr : Kihkihkih... is that a kind of complimentary or what? *mwah*

mrst : Yap yap. Yum Yum~~

mmulibra : Ini bukan oren ler~ You also get confused like patrick ar~ :P

acrix : Oh yes~~~ My neighbour keep whispering to me, "Oh~ baby! Come and eat me." *grin* You come Japan, you will have it.

chen : Hey chen, communication can make patients feel better. So do talking to a plant is a kind of "great nurturing" for the plant emotionally. Some scientist actually have proof for that. Cool huh~ Actually no a lot, I can even finish 2 sarikei pineapples at one go. :PbPb

umami : Yap, these biwa also cost like silver in Japan. -_-" Actually all the fruits in Japan are expensive. I have to always wait for 50% discount to get a good fruit. Kihkihkih...

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Evil Jonny said...

Cool! Now you made me want to buy a loquat tree!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

FoC? haha, gona cost a bomb just buying the airticket :P

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, I'll leave that to your imagination :)

 
At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a lucky girl!
Ai Ling

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

kimchi jon : Buy it, buy it. Loquat seem to be quite easy to grow. Just make sure when the fruit grows, cut away some to make the leftover fruit grow big and pretty.

acrix : As Patrick has said to you, try Matta fair. You can either stay with him or me here then. (which one is your choice?)

cooknengr : *bleh~*

Ai Ling : Undeniable for this one. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home