Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

International Food Festival (June 25)

Patrick's dormitory was having an International Food Fair last Saturday. He invited me to go. The entrance was free, but each food item costed 100yen.

I went there quite early. The event was from 11am till 2pm. I reached there around 11.30am. By then, there were many people there already.


Everyone was busy hunting for their food.


The 1st stall that attracted me. Gado Gado from Indonesia. I miss this.


Epsecially this nice bowl of peanut sauce. A big peanut lover like me, impossible to resist such a temptation.


So, I paid 100yen coupon, and got a plate of nice Gado Gado. Oh~ surprisingly, the peanut sauce was brilliant. I love the saltiness inside, not as spicy and oily as the normal peanut sauce I had. Fixed perfectly to the assorted vege. Definitely a wise first choice to start the day. ^_^


Next, I spotted these nice balls. After I asked the person who made them, then I realized these were Holland style Potato Cheese Balls. Geee... I was curious to try. So I made my order for 1 set.
After waited for 10 minutes, my balls finally done.


Kihkihkih... nice balls right? ;) Ok lar~ not as big as the coconuts of Kenny... But I'm satisfied with these 2 little deep-fried balls.


In fact, I was very surprised with the very soft texture of the mashed potato outside that mixed with some kind of herb?

Once I bite on them, the whole ball was destroyed and exposed a melting cheese cube...

Mmm... the balls made me feeling high. Yum~ Yum~


My final 100yen of food was a plate of spring onion fried rice from Hong Kong.

A disappointing choice. The rice was too oily and not salty. It would turn into a very nice one if they cut down the cooking oil into half and add a little bit more salt.

The ingredients inside was a generous portion though.


I need a nice thirst quencher after that. Tra la la... they have blueberry smoothies.

*gulp, gulp, gulp* Ah~~~

This was so nice. Smooth and creamy. It cleared off the oily taste of the fried rice nicely.

I was so regret I didn't take a fast action on Turkish Ice Cream. *iish* They just sold the final cup few seconds before I went to get one. So, no after-lunch dessert.

Ah well~~~

With a bloated stomach, I started to look around... and time for pictures session. ^_^

Other foods that were offered on that day...


Mongolian dumpling. Look nice, but not sure about the taste.


Vietnam style salad. Hmmm.... looks like a very healthy dish. However, I didn't want to try as I dislike fish sauce.


From Turkey, it is call "Kyofute?". The owner of the stall made the meat chunk by himself.

This one was a chicken version.


The more popular one was this beef version. The vege looks very attracting to me... unfortunately got meat, so I decided to give up on it.

However, this seem like one of the highest ranking dish for the day. Patrick bought one, and he said it was really good.

This was the stall that sold the ice cream. :(


Oo la la... does this dish look familiar to my Malaysian readers? This was actually Ayam Masak Kicap Manis (Chicken cooked with Sweet Soysauce) by a Malaysian junior in my university. Kihkihkih... another dish that got good comment from people who bought it.

100yen for 2. Nice deal huh~ ;)


This was Cambodian Deep Fried Spring Roll. A mixture of meat and potato. By the time I took this picture, the spring roll wasn't left much.


A final one... Pakistan Chicken Curry. It was a very huge pot of curry... however, it sold out in 1hr time. Patrick wanted to try one, too bad he was too late. Kesian~

Basically, the foods on that days were great. Nice price. The only complaint, the amount of the foods for selling were too limited. Even though the event was supposed to be until 2pm, all the food have been sold out by 12.30pm. After that, still a lot of people coming to look for food... seeing their disappointing face... so pity.

I bumped into Li Xing there too. It was a surprised for me. Hey buddy, forgot to tell you, you look different with the long "hige". Kihkihkih...

He was a bit late reached there. So, the only food he got to eat was the Indonesian Gado Gado. We did have a nice chat.

"Ai yar~ fish fish, long time no see. See also always the censored one. Hahhahahahahah!!!"

*so bad, tease me* *bleh~*

"You ar~ lazy bone lar~~~ I don't see any updating in your blog one."

"Hahahahha!!!" Was the response he gave me. *kek heh*

He was there for a short while only, he went away to search food in other places. Serve your right, who asked you to be a not-early-birf. Sure no worm lar~ See all these drooling pictures, make you "kek sam" or not? Kihkihkih...


After a nice meal, a nice Japanese garden outside this dormitory would be a good place for you to chat with friend.

Patrick, thanks a lot for the invitation. I enjoyed it. ^_^

13 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Acrix said...

The holland style potato cheese balls look yummy. Feel like popping into the mouth then chew with all the creamy texture melting inside ~ Mongolian dumpling got soup inside one? First time seeing such a thing as kyofute :) Looks colorful and yummy as well~

I used to have those Ayam Masak Kicap Manis everyday at the canteen and kinda sick of it d :P Too much of something will make one puke i guess~ Will be missing it next time for sure...

Oh yah, fish fish so how much weight have ya gained from the food fair? Hehe~

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Blackwidow said...

The balls made you high???? Well, I'm a dirty minded, the whole balls paragraph I was laughing. Don't be offensive, I was just thinking about the sentenses and connect with .... balls. Sollly hah.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Nightraveller said...

For those you havent seen Fish Fish "up close and personal" face, she still looks pretty as usual. :-)

Fish Fish, r u trying to say i look 'ham sap' with the ugly "hige"...ke ke ke. My observation of you is that you seem to develop a "professional look" of a food critique. How do you think? ;-)

But I must say, it's a lot better seeing Fish Fish in real person than of the censored picture, or the scary The-Ring look...

Yeah, I ended up having 280yen fried chicken nugget that day....argh!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish do you know who trained the blackwidow's dirty mind ?

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Lrong said...

Have organized these events many times and the food usually disappear very fast... the gado gado and blueberry gets my juices going...

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

well, my last activity of the dorm. i am moving to new apartment this afternoon. new lab, new apartment. by the way, the reason why the turkish ice cream sold out too quickly because the house parents kept 40 cups in the fridge for the dorm residents (for us). yum yum. i think we did better than last year. mostly the food was good. and my pakistan dorm friend said he will prepare one time the pakistan curry and invite me for dinner next time.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Milly said...

ouch...!! i like the food lar..... yummy lar...!1

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Kimberlycun said...

cant help it have to go grab some food now!!!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

acrix : Kihkihkih... I didn't weight myself lately, don't want to get depressed with it. :P

blackwidow : *tsk tsk tsk* DD dear~ your Da Ge trains you too well liao~ -_-"

nightraveller : Wah hah~ Heng Dai... so many sweet words from you ar~ Wanna me chia you a chili ice cream is it? Kihkihkih... Hey, do you mean fish fish getting rounder and rounder when you say "professional look"?? *myak*

cooknengr : Some who is This Place Don't Have 300 Tahl Silver. Kihkihkih...

lrong : "Get my juices going?" Muahahaha... what an expression.

patrick : *iish* No wonder lar~ If I know, I will say, "Spare Patrick one for me". Kihkihkih...

milly : TQ. ^_^

kimberlycun : Kihkihkih... mornig tea time?

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh, I could not make it to the food party. Had to wait for Amazon to come and give me my book!
Ai Ling

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish..ha ha ha ha...." if I am a linguist, I'd publish a book of Fish Fish's finest Chinese proverbs translation !" ..Here the 1/10 of your tag.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger MrsT said...

Lucky FF!! i wished they had the IFF here too..!

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Ai Ling : Hey dear, did you realize we have only met once? :P

cooknengr : Oi!! Mana ada orang do tagging inside people comment one? Play by rule wei~

mrst : Thanks to Patrick for telling me bout it. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home