Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Kaiyukan (May 29, Pt 2)

"Mikan chan~" Suddenly Mirian called me this when she past through me. -_-"

Mikan is tangerine. Ok, I am wearing an orange T-shirt today... but hor~ does that mean I look as round like orange mikan? No~~~

Ok, the 2nd part for the Kaiyukan trip.


This is the famous creature in Kaiyukan, Yu-chan, a 850kg whale shark. Hoping her good health and long life, she succeeds the name of a whale shark that had lived 3,053 days in captivity and passed away on November 19, 1998.

Yu-chan seem like a famous favorite among the small fish, they like to follow her.


Well, fish fish's biggest favorite, would be more to this Ocean Sunfish. I still remember the 1st time when I saw it, I was deeply impressed by this very strange looking fish.

It has a very cute common name, Manbo... as well as a very sweet Latin name, Mola mola.

This giant fish swim in a very different way as the normal fish. Instead of having side fins that swing up and down... The fins were on top and bottom, and the movement of the fins is left and right.

Even the swimming pattern also very different... round and round and round it swim leisurely near the cylindrical wall.

There was a special exhibition about frogs and toads...


Still look quite normal to me...


"Hohoho! I look more different from the others, don't you think so?"

*agree*


"Nah~ who said that orange guy looks special..."

"Here, let me show you how to stand Kakkoi when you wanna get the attentions of hot chicks"

"Ouch!! Stop stepping on me, you fool~~~"

Oh~~~ Pipa pipa... Unexpect yet happy, I finally get a chance to see a real flattest frog in the world. It is commonly known as Surinam Toad.

Here is a part I pick from the site...

"Surinam toad is a highly aquatic frog native to northern South America, widely described in the scientific literature because of its remarkable reproductive habits. The Surinam toad is probably best known for its breeding habits. Amplexus is accompanied by a display of aquatic gymnastics, culminating in tandem loop-the-loops; during each loop, the female releases a single egg, which is embedded in the skin of her back by the male's movements at the crest of the loop. After implantation the eggs sink into the skin and form pockets over a period of several days, eventually taking on the appearance of an irregular honeycomb; the larvae develop through the tadpole stage inside these pockets, eventually emerging from the mother's back as fully developed froglets, though with residual tails."

I hope I get to see one in someday... I wanna go to Brazil.


Now, a little quiz, can you see what is inside this tank?


Tralala! A 2 matching frogs.

"Err~~ are you 2 mating?"

"Keypo fish fish, go away, don't disturb us!"

"..."-_-"

Ok lor, I go to look for Mr. Crab then...



Wah~ so many... BIG! Like a group of soldiers getting ready to attack anytime... Some got extremely long leg, kind of scary...

But then hor~


When you look closely at the face, CUTE~ ^_^


The last session I visited before we left the Kaiyukan.

Jelly fish always been my favorite to see... though I know these creatures are not the sweet and friendly type as their looks.

Kihkihkih... this one look like a crushing parachute. But the orange colour truly captured my heart.

Oh ya, time to let the water in my body out...


Oo la la! Fish Fish was inside a Fish wonderland. How sweet~ (Ok, this picture especially dedicated to Da Ge that like to have a collection of toilets.) :P


Mommies will be happy to give their babies a "lampin" change here. ^_^


Later, Wai Wai's family decided to take a ride on the world's highest Ferris wheel...

So, while waiting for them...


Wai Wai and me went around for window shopping...

and she ended up lining up at First Kitchen. (The blue jacket brown bag girl is her.)

She was craving for something to munch...


And so, she came back with a nice pack of Ebimayo Potato Fries (Mayonnaise prawn flavour), a new product...

It was my first experience on First Kitchen's food, and yes, the fries was good, though a bit soggy.

Oops... I'm feeling hungry now.

Ciao~

13 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Blogger babe_kl said...

impressed! baby changing table is SO clean!

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Wah, fish fish can contribute to National Geographic photography already. And I like how the fries were shot!! *yum*

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

The toads are so scary! I like the crab photo~ Lookz like those alienz having some battle :P

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

eh you only have one picture of the jelly fishes ? i have been there once but by the time i reached the jelly fish section, my batteries ran out. it was so beautiful.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Fish Fish, picky Ta ker already found abnormality of the jamban. Why is the waste basket so far away from the bowl ?... the bored user can practice 投籃 meh ?

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger zh1yong said...

The ocean sunfish looked kinda weird.. not just its fins, it seems like it dont have a tail?! Errmm.. how big was it? seems to had a size of an gold fish to me... =P

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Blackwidow said...

watashi mo ocean sunfish ga ichiban suki desu. I always wonder how the fish develops such shape and swimming fins. No regular fins to control direction.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Chen said...

Great shots... :)
i like those cute penguins pic as well..& the crushing parachute jellyfish pic is fantastic !!!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger SiaoChaBoa said...

Nice pics..FF... as usual..! expect nothing but the best from you .. and your narration.. ;)
Been on the ferris wheel once.. love it..! wished MrT was with me though.. but nope.. i went with my chief engineer.. but cannot hold hands.. coz' he has got a wife.. and i've got Mr T .. hahaha!!

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous winterx said...

just wanted to let you know, i'm still lurking around. =P
been busy, haven't really had the time to read your posts, only looked at the pictures... hihi...

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

babe_kl : Yap, it's a norm in Japan.

primrose : Thank you. ^_^ I was surprised to see the new attempt turned out good.

acrix : Kihkihkih... you play too much battle game liao~

patrick leong : Quite a few, but not good, too blur. It was difficult to take a good one as I didn't want to let Wai Wai's family waiting for me too long.

cooknengr : Da Ge, the basket was very near actually. Even I don't have to extend my hand can also reach. So, can imagine how small the toilet is? ;)

zh1yong : VERY BIG! The normal one can grow up to 1 tonne. Some even grow up to 2 tonnes. ;)

blackwidow : Manbo saikou desu ne~ ;) Hey, I bought a Japanese book about the Kaiyukan, and got introduction about the Manbo's fins. You want? Chance to learn Yapunis. :P

chen : Heee... that jelly fish pic is my favorite too.

mrst : Hopefully one day you come with Mr T. Oops, but then hor~ Chloe might in between to block the 2 of you to hold hands. :PbPb

winterx : No problem dear. How is life lately?

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous winterx said...

i've been good, thanks. ^_^ you seem to be enjoying life as usual. with all those great food...mmm... =P

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

winterx : But I'm very depressed to with my work lately. That's why eat a lot. -_-"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home