Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Sakuranbo *slurp~*

Last Saturday, after the IFF in Patrick's dormitory, I went to do some shopping alone. Well, I only got a few thousands yen in my wallet, no credit card nor bank card with me that time. By the time I bought a white T-shirt, 2 CDs... I only left 1000yen. -_-"

However, the good thing was, with this very limited money left, I controlled my craving for over-shopping, which is a symptom that I will have when I am in a depressed situation with my work.

I was hunger for a good sakuranbo (Japanese cherry). So I went to Takashimaya to look for one.


Among the choices, I chosed this 2nd cheapest one. It was 699yen per pack. This is the Satonishiki (佐藤錦)species, the King of the Sakuranbo. The one from Yamagata prefecture is especially famous.

Well, this pack is a 2nd class Satonishiki, however it is still much better than a normal Japanese cherry.

As you can see here, the colour is bright red if compared to a Bing Cherry which is a deep reddish-purple. In Japan, Bing Cherry is commonly known as "American Cherry".


Well, I tried to divide the portion into 4 times, so that I could enjoy 4 days of cherrish days with my sakuranbo. ^_^

The Satonishiki was much smaller that a Bing Cherry. However, the flesh is softer and sweeter. I had a 1st class Sakurando before, it was like 8000yen per kg. Well, it was given by someone to my lab. It was one of the best fruit I have ever tasted. Full red, not a single sourness, soft and juicy flesh. It melted me.

As for this version that I bought, it had a slight sourness... but made a good balance with the sweetness.

While listening to my music... with the evening wind blowing through my room... one by one the cherry went slowly into my mouth. It was a time I felt so happiness. Couldn't help but grinned to myself everytime the cherry touched my lips.

How was my mood after that??


Ah~~~ like this picture.

*muah*

17 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love cherries though I have not tried this one yet! But I absolutely hate those preserved ones!
Ai Ling

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Blackwidow said...

FF, put the cherry stem in your mouth and try to tie a knot. ;)

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Julie said...

din know leftover can b so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee =p

u r so creative la ^^

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger mmulibra said...

Can make an art work from left over??

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, got the 小さお戀人, got cherries looks like lovely little hearts, got art work looks like ...er...a boy....wah..想 BF ah ? Yeee ..羞羞咧! Got 小鹿撞心頭 feeling or not ? :)

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger MrsT said...

Hey..FF,
Our cherries here are quite different.. :) but i think i like the looks of yours way better. :)

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Sakuranbo linked me to the song of ai otsuka :P Anyway, i'll do the same facial xpression for ya if u willing to give me 2 or 3 of them :P

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Milly said...

erm...erm.... fish fish jiejie, ur cheery look nice...i want to eat but at here very expensive ler..maibee dun1 buy for me ler...

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

Wow the cherry looks so lovely. Hahaha I love your afterward face too!!! So cute~

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Makan Kings said...

Cherries!! Love em!

-Makan Kings-

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Julie said...

ehh.. i assume there r 20 cherries left.. u can make another 2 faces.. hoho =p

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

Wah, so creative some more? ;)

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Lrong said...

Eating Japanese cherries is almost like eating gold... I prefer the US type...

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Ai Ling : I only love fresh fruit. ^_^

blackwidow : You demonstrate to me next time ar~

julie : Kihkihkih... now you know. *muak*

mmulibra : CAN~

cooknengr : *sigh* Is you the one Deer bumped you? Kihkihkih... (how come you know how to type the Japanese word one ker?) Really can see why DD got such a good imagination liao~ *bleh~* Btw, you got the "movie" or not? :P

mrst : Show a pic of Canadian version cherry to fish fish, can?

acrix : I know you gonna say that. SAKURANBO!! Otsuka ai super cute~ Dun worry, I will feed you the cherry with my own hands. Mahu tak? :P

milly : Dear Mei Mei, you can buy it next time by yourself when you earn the money. ^_^ Ganbatte ne~

pinkcocoa : Thank you. Glad to hear people like my "cute face". Kihkihkih...

makan kings : Me too. ^_^

julie : Nope, I can make extra 2 faces. :P

primrose : Heeee... trying to play play a bit with the "waste".

lrong : Hey lrong, they really like gold. This year American cherry very nice, big and sweet.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, Makai movie ?
Oh,the Japanses word 依樣畫葫芦, Chinese Pen input system does Chinese, Japanese, Cantonese and Korean.

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Julia said...

hehe, fish fish, your "smiley face" also put me in a humorous mood. :) Noticed that you really didn't waste any fruit; the cherry stones were so clean!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : I sent again, you got it???

julia : I don't waste any food. It is my Motto. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home