Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Suika SUI SUI ^_^

Have I told you how much I love to visit supermarket in Japan near to closing time? That was a good time for me to get some good 50% discount deal. SUMMER FRUIT!!! Muahahhahahha...

A few days ago, I was very lucky I reached the market in the right time. Just in time the staff sticking the 50% sign on the fruit. Wah~~~ I was very happy, to be the 1st one get the chance to get a nice Suika (water melon).

It was like the second he put one the sticker, the next second I put it into my cart already.


Tra la la... see this nice treasure that I found.

Have to be very fast as within next minute, these 50% suika all gone into the carts of other people. *wipe cold sweat*

This was the best cut suika of the day. I paid only 250yen for a big 1/4 cut. But the most delighted sign was this "Sweetness 12 brix value". It was the only one left with "12" during the discount time. The other were all either a 10 or 11. What a nice victory.


I cut out 1/2 of the suika nicely, without the skin. Washed my both hands thoroughly.

Then, I eat like a real kuishinbo. (Wait, I am a kuishinbo... kihkihkih...)

*chomp... chomp... chomp...*


Hohoho!!! The suika was very sui sui (pretty and nice) and sui sui (so juicy). So sweet. I even accentuated the sweetness by adding "semboi hun" (sour plum powder) that I bought back from Malaysia.

Gosh~~~ the high feeling that I got was even better than the one I had during sakuranbo. Ai yar~ really One Mountain Higher Than Another Mountain. Making the Wave by Wave attacked me. (DD, this one is for you. Kihkihkih...)

In a short while...


Now you see the last bite.


Now you don't.

Errr... I think I had too much water inside my tank.

*muak*

14 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger babe_kl said...

i like the way they place the sweetness indicator there so cool!! i wished we could hv dat here... always got cheated.

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Makan Kings said...

Kuishinbo~Meow~,

Wow!! RM9 for a slice of watermelon. Does it taste different from the ones you get in Malaysia?

Agree with babe_kl....think the sweetness indicator is super cool. Wonder how they test it and come out with the rating

-Makan Kings-

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

babe_kl: Jusco got indicated the brix value for its fruits oso :) Normally, i eat with salt rather than sour plum powder :P

 
At 4:16 AM, Anonymous michaelooi said...

i met up with Primrose a few weeks ago, and your blog was automatically mentioned when we talked about food... ahaks...

your blog makes people hungry and gain weight ...

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger mmulibra said...

No arrangement of suika seeds this time?

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Blackwidow said...

FF, just for your information when you come to USA. Watermelon is link to black. Like rice links to chinese. Da Ger can explains better. It's cultural background thing.

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..FF,
The watermelon look so sweet..!! the watermelon here isn't that sweet .. but just as ex..!! bummer right..!! i like the sweetness indicator too.. !
MrsT

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

Hehe! Yalor, yalor! Met up with michaelooi that time ha, we wondered what happens when you order food. *snap, snap, chee-chak, chee-chak away* Even watermelon (or cherries) also so descriptive ah? Wah, shall I suggest you describe eating mango or durian ah?

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger babe_kl said...

Acrix, ya kar? BUT i hardly buy fruits in the supermarket and i dun usually buy cut fruits. must buy whole bijik kekeke

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger letti said...

lol..watermelon is sooo very welcome anytime it's summer.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

babe_kl : Yap yap. Made me much easier to choose.

makan kings : It depends. Some suika in Malaysia can be very sweet and vice versa. In Japan, I only buy the cut one with indicator, so that I know whether it is good or not. U can measure a brix value easily with a Brix refractometer. Here is the link of how the instrument looks like.
http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/product.asp?T1=125758&src=21SM001
A very common way to measure sugar content in foods.

acrix : salt oso nice nice. It gives the synergic effect to the sweetness. ^_^

michaelooi : Wah~~~ talking about fish fish behind ar~? No wonder I kept sneezing that time. :PbPb

mmulibra : Ai yar~ LUPA.

blackwidow : Geee... now that's a very interesting bit. I'm going to ask Da Ge in more detail later. But why suika??

mrst : It is very crunchy and juicy too. ^_^

primrose : *tell me softly* Is he "hemsem" or "hamsap" looking?? I promise I won't tell other. Kihkihkih... Btw, I have always wanted to do a series for mango and durian, with my style... not now, not the right chance yet. Wait till I collect all the pictures needed. :P

letti : Yah~ suika is the best in summer. Welcome back dear~ ^_^

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish , food safty fact from Cooknengr the Certified Serve Safe Food Protection Manager. In the food industry, buying cut watermelon is considered unsafe practice. The person who cut the melon at the packaging department did not clean the melon, when the knife cut thru the melon, all the pestisite, dirt, organic fertilizer, waste product from the farmers( my Food safety instructor spent a fair amount of time in the farm to observe the planting and harvesting process, the farmer here are paid by how many products they process, so when they 人有三急 they are not going to walk 1/2 mile to the porta potty, they pull the Cooknengr stunt)that's stuck on the melon's skin will get on the knife, get on to the watermelon and get soaked into the flesh..so, Fish Fish if you ever buy a cut watermelon that taste like preloaded "semboi hun", it's not hybrid watermelon,ok. you know that 酸甜甜 is from the 米田共 fertilizer. :)...jiak sai

I always advise buying a whole melon, wash it up yourself before cutting it.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Julie said...

wahhhhh... after reading the comment from cookenegr i dare not to touch a watermelon for the time being =p then how abt the watermelon juice we ordered outside??? o_O

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Nvm. Come to worst, the jiak sai would only turn me lau sai nia~

julie : Water melon juice? Muahahahha... you don't even wanna think about it. *nightmare~~~*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home