Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The WINNER is...

*Drum ROLLLLLLLLL.....*

Here I proudly present the winner of the QUIZ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

MARIKO the supereggplant. v(^o^)/~ *pop* *pop* *pop*

A US born Japanese blogger that now staying in California. Go to her site if you wanna see some hand-made knitting and sewing. So many lovely pieces that she made. Oh ya, won't you drop by her place to congrat her too? ^_^

Congratulation!! Ok, I am waiting for your prize request then. Come and get it from me. ;)

*wipe cold sweat* She nearly let her chance slipped off when she gave an extra 'n' for her answer. However, after explanation from her, I know she meant the right one.

So, WHAT FLAVOUR IS IT??

Kihkihkih... I know many of you gonna eye big big with the answer...

It is...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



SICHIMI!! Or namely the SEVEN SPICES RED PEPPER...

That's why I said Fish-Eater and Patrick's comments got very important clues.

Quoting from Fish-Eater's comment :

It's chestnut-pea-dandelion-spinach-broccolli-zucchni-vanilla ice-cream. It won’t be an ice-cream without vanilla. Ok, send me that ice-cream through overnight Fed-Ex.

Quoting from Patrick's comment :

two guesses can or not ?
1. togarashi pepper ice cream
or
2. karashi mustard ice cream
if so, i guess it must have tasted yuckky !

So, if you COUNT the flavour mentioned inside fish-eater carefully, it is actually a SEVEN-FLAVOUR ice cream. (Smart for you to think the "combination" idea).

Then, if you read carefully from Patrick's one, he mentioned the keyword "TOGARASHI" or "PEPPER". (Patrick, hontou ni zannen ne~ Mou chotto nara, it will be yours. Ok, promise you this ice cream will be on my treat next time. Want? I was happy you could read my thinking this fast with a close answer.)

So what happen when you combine the 2??

Oolala~~~ you will have the 100% correct answer already.

*fish fish, you are cunning*

Am I? If you think so, then you have to go to tell Eddie about that, he's the one that keep playing game words with me in my comments, that inspired me to be the host this time.


A closer look at the ingredient that makes this ice cream so special. Colourful, hot and spicy...

When it is mixed into making the ice cream...

As expected... "WOW!! It's chili... Wait, I can also taste the Japanese pepper pungency on my tongue..."

However, surprisingly, it was nice. Much better than the "chicken wing ice cream" and "crab meat ice cream" that I tried 2 years ago with Wai Wai. Also, we had "natto ice cream" too. It was at a place call Namja Town, with a nice Ice Cream Theme Park there.

However, there are a few flavours in the comments that I would like to but yet to try...

WASABI as mentioned by andycjw and Kervin.

SOY SAUCE as mentioned by Acrix .

GINGER as mentioned by cooknengr and blackwidow.

But then, for a SOY SAUCE + GINGER as mentioned by pinkcocoa, I think I will have to think twice first. :P

Btw, hey, HB, I'm surprised you were so fast in action. Kihkihkih... I've seen "eel ice cream" actually, though never try.

In fact, I was very surprised to see such a heat participation from you all. Thanks for all the guesses, each of you. Sorry there could only be one winner. I hope you all still equally enjoyed with this quiz.

Tell me if you like this game? ;) I might do again in future when a good topic comes.

Meanwhile, for those that in Kyoto, won't you wanna try this flavour too? Go to Nishiki Ichiba, you will see Dintora... the one and only in Japan (even whole world) that offer this Shichimi Ice Cream. They even trademark this Shichimi Ice Cream. One cone is for 263yen. However, starting from 2 years ago, you can also try this Shichimi Ice Cream at Namja Town in Ikebukuro.

Minasa, domo arigatou gozaimashita. Fish Fish tanoshikatta yo!! ^_^

8 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, seven spices red pepper! Never would have guessed it. But..er...it doesn't make my heart beat faster or sweat, so..er...I would not have thought of it! I have yet to try anything remotely hot and spicy in Japan! That is why I miss home and my friend's mother's cooking....delicious and damn spicy. Oh yeah, and my friend Ton's curry! Congratulations to the winner! I want to try this ice cream too!
Ai Ling

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

hahaha ff, you know Taiwan got ice-cream made from soy sauce + ginger already! Also there's er "lu zhu jiao" flavour, "ma you ji" (sesame oil chicken) flavour. Never tried them though. Sounds scary!

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Hmm i think i;ll run to the nearest fire hydrant after eating the ice-cream. The ice-cream looks pretty harmless in the photo and not as spicy as like u mentioned! Can never judge a book by its cover :P haha~

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger obachan said...

Congratulations Mariko!
Mmmm...I was fooled by the green color. I'm also scared to try the shichimi ice cream, but curious, too :)
BTW, talking about strange ice creams, we have salt ice cream, nasubi (eggplant) ice cream and myoga (Japanese ginger) ice cream in Kochi. Never tried any of them yet.

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Ureshii desu.
Mariko/supereggplant

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, put this on "the list".

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Ai Ling : Go try, not spicy. But you will know "Oh chili" on the 1st bite. ;)

pinkcocoa : "lu zhu jiao"?? "ma you ji"?? wah~ the ice cream so kesian, totally alterated liao~

acrix : This ice cream spiciness is just a piece of cake for fish fish. But I doubt that for Acrix. Kihkihkih...

obachan : It's not a green colour ler~ why ar? everyone see it as green. Must be my poor photographinh tecnique. -_-"

Mariko/supereggplant : Wait for your present, ok? ;)

cooknengr : 尊命, Da Ge. ^_^

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger MrsT said...

Wow..! congrats to Mariko..and FF, i would never have guessed.. heheheh!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home