Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Fish Fish in USA (Pt 1, July 15)

Fish Fish started her journey to USA on 15 July. I would say it was not a nice start at all.

By the time I reached the Kansai International Airport, then I realised my flight was delayed 2 hrs. *iish* We wouldn't be in time for the connection then, so my sensei and me decided to make the connection one flight later, which turned up to be 5 hours later than earlier scheduled. *sigh*
We got extra 2 hrs, so we decided to have lunch in the airport. I wanted to eat omelette rice.


I chose mushrooms and eggplant omelette rice with white sauce. It was a good one. The white sauce went very well with the rice. There was also a free cup of soup too.

Ah well~ my last meal before I took my flight. I would say it was a good one. A treat from my sensei. Kihkihkih...


This was the flight that brought us to USA. The flight was a continuation from Taipei, so there were a lot of Taiwanese speaking Mandarin in the flight.


My 1st meal in the flight. I would give 4/10 for this meal. I love the portion of fresh veggies that served. The fetuccini was kind of overcook. Ah well~ I never put high expectation on in-flight food.

The steward that served me the food kind of gave me a cultural shock. Know what?? He was chewing gum when he was serving the passengers. I've in fact never seen this kind of service before.

All the stewards and stewardesses in the flight were all veterans. Later only then I know they work until their retire age. Hmm... this is something very hard to be imagine in a Asian airline.


We flew through a very nice sea cloud. It was a very pretty one.

Soon, the day became dark very fast. And before I knew it, the day turned bright again. Wow!! A night time with only 3 hours. The shortest I have ever experienced. ^_^


When we were still blur blur... stewardess gave one of this to me. I have no idea whether it is for tea time or morning snack. I was totally out of time concept.

I ate the whole thing, though it was just so so. Well, I must say the portion of the food was quite stingy. In fact, a small appetite person like my sensei also was complaining the food portion was too small. So, just imagine a glutton fish like me, it was a hard time for me to stand the starve.


When I flipped up the window cover again...

Wah~~~ I was so excited. I've never seen such big pieces of mosaic-looking farms. In fact, I was very curious how they actually can survive in such a deserted area. More, how these people can managed to take care such a huge piece of land.

I must say I really salute!!


Then, we flew through mountaineous area. Those black spots were the sign of burnt forest. Geee... must be very dry and hot in this area. Can't imagine how it might turn into a bigger disaster if the fire is not put-out quickly.


I finally seen a very long and big river. I wonder if it is the Missisippi River. Maybe not.


Now, can anyone explain this phenomenon to fish fish please? This white line of cloud was like continuing for mile and mile. I am very curious to know how this can happen. Thank you.


The 2nd main meal in the flight. The first one tasted better. I would rate this one 2.5/10. The gnocchi texture kind of unattractive. So do the tomato, too sour. This is indeed a meal for me just to fill up my hunger.

Know what? Bizarre things happened again. The steward this time now was holding a toothpick in between his teeth when he was talking and serving us!!! OMG!!! I really couldn't believe this. What more, he was distributing food to passengers with only one hand. He didn't look like someone who is doing his duty at all to me. I should have take a picture of him, but I don't think that will be a polite move.

My sensei and me couldn't help but kept laughing. I wonder what will be the response if I write a letter of complain.

"Fish Fish, you are lucky. All my time I took Northwest Airlines, this is the first time I see this." Sensei was saying this to me.

Yah right! Lucky huh. -_-"


Even more lucky, our meals were served in such a dark condition. Man~ Northwest Airlines should be very happy with such considerate crews that they have, help them to cut cost. Hmmm...

Another strange thing. A tall young lady sitting in the front row of us... while waiting for her turn to go to the washroom, she suddenly turn off my air-con and smiled at me. She was saying something to me which sound totally alien to me. Sensei and me look at each other and put a big ??? mark in our face.

"This is her air-con. Yours is in front." Sensei was telling her. However, she seemed to not understand what my sensei said.

After a while, I went to the washroom. When I back, I didn't know how my heavy butt broke my glasses. By the time I realised, half side already broken into pieces.

I was speechless... yah~ dumb dumb fish.

Tell me... what would you do when all these things happen to you in a same flight?


How glad I was when the landscape of Detroit finally imposed into my eyes. It was kind of a fresh feeling to see how the housing area in Detroit is plotted. So spacious, like many centipedes. Totally something you wouldn't see in Japan.

The flight was very shaky and up-down during the last 30 min flight, until made me feeling nausea. I was glad I brought my minyak kapak. If not, I think I have vomitted like an ugly-looking fish liao.

Finally...


Ah~~~ I've never feel so good when I see an airport. USA, you sure gave me a very hard to forget 1st experience.

To be cont...

16 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger domesticgoddess said...

Only the first pic looks appetizing! heeheee...

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Helen (AugustusGloop) said...

The best thing about travel disasters is that they make great stories to reminisce over! =) I can't imagine the pain when you realised your glasses were broken though!

Some great pics out the window.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

Wow! One part for each day? There will be 13 parts to the USA story lor? *clap clap* Got many episodes to read.. yay!

Landscapes out the window sure is one interesting view - mosaic, mountains, centipede thread...very nice report. You know, you should submit it to www.flyertalk.com when it reaches the final episode. :)

The white line of cloud ah? Maybe a rocket just flew past leh? heh, heh!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger emotionalistic said...

So how did you manage to take the following pictures throughout your journey without your glasses?? Did you bring along your contact lense?? Must be difficult huh??

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Big BoK said...

Bummer..!! especially the glasses.. !! i would be partially handicap without mine... so when i travel.. i bring 2 spare ones.. just in case.. and a disposable contact lense .. just for emergency.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Julie said...

i took KLM once n it delayed few hrs too! n b4 tat i heard so much of how gd was the crew services blah blah blah but then abit disappointed loh.. still prefer asian flights n the lenglui stewardess..

*waiting for ur next episodes*

 
At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u have another email add that works? tried to write to u...but your email cacated...hahaha...Jace

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said...

Aww poor fish fish. I missed your updates! Looking forward to some happy things soon. Can't help laughing at the toothpick. Somehow reminds me of Chow Yuen Fatt.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish travel with a GPS like Ta Ker then you can identify the geographic features.

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

5xmom said Chow Yuen Fatt with the toothpick. Now that image is stuck in my head! But seriously, gum and toothpick?
But look on the bright side, at least you had a story to tell when you came back right?
AL

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fish Fish, My morning coffee taste so much better now that I can read your adventures with my coffee. Some people read their newspaper in the mornings, I read fish fish. Gum and toothpick!!!! Amazing...........I'm surprised he's till employed with the airlines. Maybe he's the son of management. -lance

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Evil Jonny said...

Very exciting! Welcome to my country... and looks like you flew over my house, judging from the desert landscape. ;-)

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous allen wong said...

The white lines would be from jets? I see those from my window all the time. I'll be waiting for your next installment. :)

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

domesticgoddess : Exactly. :P

augustusgloop : Yah~ in fact those "disasters" coloured my trip.

primrose : Heee... don't know how many parts. Some will with a few parts for one day. But some boring one I'll just skip the whole things. We will only know till then end. ;) The white line very long and thin... I totally don't have any idea.

emotionalistic : ah~ now this is something magic. ;) Nope, I'm not using any contact lense. Too clumsy for that.

big bok : Yah~ this time taught me a very good lesson. Bring at least TWO!!

julie : Heee... gal, I agree with you. Only after I had this trip, then I know how much I am spoilt in Asian Airlines. :P

Jace : It was quite jam during my trip. Now got empty spaces liao. Try again. If can't, let me know. I'll send my school account to you by email. ^_^

5xmom : Chow Yuen Fatt??? I wish he was. But he got a belly bigger than a 9-month pregnant lady. -_-"

cooknengr : I am thinking very much to get one.

AL : Yah~ that's right. The weird stories. ^_^

Lance : Me too. I am amazed how he retains his job until now. Ah~ I hope the US posts gonna make your coffee better. ^_^ More to come!

evil jungle prince : It is a country that gave me a lot of unforgettable experiences. Heee... I didn't see you... too far, or else I'll wave "Hi" at you. ;)

allen wong : But very long wor~ I think for miles. Hmm... if it is really from jet, then it is indeed really impressive.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger obachan said...

Hey fish fish!
Glad that you made it there safe. Didn't I warn you about Northwest? See? They never fail to impress you. I mean it.
Those pics from the plane make me feel so NATSUKASHIIIIII... I took the same route when I went to Miss. (or maybe when I came back from there.)
The white line must have been left by Superman who was practicing flying ;P

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

obachan : Yes dear. Thank you for telling me this earlier. If not, I'm very sure my cultural shock would be even stronger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home