Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Fish Fish in USA (Pt 2, July 15)

We reached Detroit Airport safely. Thanks god.


We were very hungry. And so, we decided to have something to eat in the airport. There was a few places to eat. We chose this place that have a few different stalls.


I was thinking of having a pizza in Little Caesars, but I changed my mind for this because of the word "Crazy Bread". Hmm... how crazy could it be?


Bah~~~ This... is the crazy bread. I wonder who was the person that thought of this idea. Got cheated. Ah well~

The portion was huge. Tasted bland even though the top was with parmesan cheese. I decided to add some ketchup on it. Voila!! It turned the bread into much better.

I couldn't finish all, saved half for emergency need which was a wise action.


One design in Detroit Airport that I like very much. The fountain in the middle of airport. Simple, unique and artistic. The water moved in different patterns, making it lively.


It looks really good when coupling with the tram running on the upper part of the airport.


Express Tram... this is the shuttle train that brings you from one end of the airport to the other end. This was actually my first time to see a shuttle train that run on top of my head so visually.


On the Tram, you will get the concept how long this airport can be. I would say this is a unique airport. Not wide, but very long. They have 70++ gates in total, line up beautifully from one end to another end.


This is the waiting room for getting on board. The chairs were very spacious. Comfortable to sit on. I was so tired as I didn't sleep for the whole flying from Osaka to Detroit. I slept like a baby for a short while on one of this chair until barking of puppy woke me up. Geee... puppy in airport!

Ah well~ I decied to stroll around for a bit more.


Dang Dang! Nice sitting style phone booth for you to make call. Now, this is something too comfortable for fish fish. I've never seen such public phone in Japan. The phone size are small. Cute!

We finally get on flight from Detroit to New Orleans.


Heee... just a picture show you how different Northwest stewardess from the Asian airlines. Well, if not because I had warning from friends before I took Northwest, it would be a cultural shock for me instead.

I like the service much more on this domestic flight, compare to the one I had from Osaka to Detroit.


Just for the curiosity on canned drink in America, I ordered this Veryfine Apple Cranberry Juice. Sweet! Ah well, not a bad one, but I'm not much into canned drink.

We reached the hotel by using Airport Shuttle Bus. I'm gonna give you a very good sorry about it later on my day leave New Orleans. Meanwhile, I'll end this post soon today.

Surprisingly, our hotel was very deserted. No place I can find food at night. That's how my crazy bread saved me that time. ^_^


See this King size bed??? It can fit 4 fish fish in a spacious way. I have never slept on such a HUGE bed.

Oh yah~ you bet I slept like a baby fish that night? It was supposed to... but...

"Hahhahahahhaa!!!" (Some drunk lady disturbed my sleep with her laughing voice on the road outside my room.)

#&%@!!

18 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger Julie said...

tats a nice hotel room.. flora feel ^^

normally will u leave some lights on while u go to z in a hotel?

 
At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Big BoK said...

Arrrghhhhhh..!! i would be upset ..if i didn't get enough rest..!! and no food.. to be found..!! wow!! that would be even worst..!!

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous allen wong said...

That definitely is a nice looking hotel room.

Little Caesars isn't what I would call good food or pizza. You should come to New York if you want good pizza. :)

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous holly said...

What are Asian flight crews like? Is the age the culture shock aspect of american flight crews? They used to have only skinny, young stewardesses (seriously, they WEIGHED them every week and layed them off when they reached 30 or something), but then airlines were sued left and right for violating equal opportunity employment laws so now flight crews are a mix of young, old,short,tall,fat,thin,attractive and unattractive.

about the crazy bread, you are suposed to order it with crazy sauce (which is just warm pizza sauce). I've always wondered why they don't just charge an extra .50 in the price of crazy bread and include the crazy sauce?

About the cran-apple juice, my guess is that it said 'drink' or 'cocktail' instead of juice. In the US (and maybe other places?) it can't be called juice unless it actually is juice (no sugar). If there is sugar, they have to call it drink or cocktail.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, Crazy bread with Ketchap? that is as strange as white people put soy sauce on rice.

Crazy bread is considered as 附菜 at little Ceasar, but good choice you made, may be my friend can also serve Roti Gila in Kuching.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

cooknengr: Haha! Roti Gila.

Fish fish: Hmm, air stewardess so unlike SIA and MAS, huh? Some more puppy in the airport? Waaah!

I digress.

Ribena mobile now has blackcurrant with cranberries. :)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Evil Jonny said...

Oh, drunk lady screaming... sounds like New Orleans for sure! ;-)

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

You should head to New Orleans during Mardi Gras, then you'd experience a REAL cultural shock! hehe

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger emotionalistic said...

Do you sleep alone on that huge bed??

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Makan Kings said...

fish fish,

The crazy bread looks like the bread sticks sold by Dominos Pizza.

Your hotel room looks quite nice and spacious! Care to let us know which hotel it was?

Cheers,
-Makan Kings-

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger obachan said...

AH! Little Caesars' Crazy Bread! "Pizza, Pizza!" I'm almost crying.... The hotel room looks nice.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

julie : Nope, I sleep in dark world. Light can distracted fish fish easily.

big bok : Totally agree.

allen wong : Ok. ^_^ I'll make sure you chia me. Tee hee hee...

holly : Yap, age is one of the cultural shock for fish fish, as I only took Asian flights only before this. Hmm!! Now you tell me about the proper way of eating crazy bread. You know, I actually asked the staffs do I need to get extra thing for the bread, and they said nope. *sigh* anyway, I will know the correct way of eating it next time. i'm sure it will taste much nicer with the crazy sauce. Well, it is interesting to try "juice" in US. In fact, all the things were new to me in US. ^_^

cooknengr : Oi!! Yapunis do put soy sauce eat with rice ok. With the raw eggyolk melting inside hot rice. And the topping with soysauce can really give you a simple yet nice bowl of rice. Your Fu Chai, the Fu is the wrong Chinese word ler~ Kihkihkih... Roti gila, I'm sure agree with Primrose, how the hell you think of this? *pengsan*

primrose : Hmm... must try it next time I go back Kuching. Japan dun have Ribena at all.

evil jungle prince : Yap yap. You'll be there soon. Are you going to show your tits for the beads in Bourbon street?? :P

dennis : That's exactly what I really wanna do for the next trip to there, if... I have the chance.

emotionalistic : Yes my dear. Alone. Wah~ wouldn't it be nice to have some strong and warm hands cuddling me that time? Tee hee hee...

makan kings : The answer is in my next post. ^_^

obachan : The bed was nice. The hotel was so so.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Helen (AugustusGloop) said...

Hehe - I liked your comment about the crazy bread! Maybe they call it that for the people who actually like it! =)

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger babe_kl said...

wat a lovely airport there fish fish! nice feminine hotel room too :p

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

AG : I like your conclusion too. ;)

babe kl : Indeed, a nice aiport. The bed was feminine, but not the smell. -_-"

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger min said...

Hotel-like rooms(ie motels) really gives me the creeps...stayed in plenty while i was there..

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

min : Among all of them, I only like one of it.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger TUTU said...

結婚 相談
お見合いパーティー
海水魚
吉田不動産
貸し事務所
エアコン 故障
エルメス バッグ
家電 レンタル
弁護士 銀座
株 初心者
J-Payment
お見合い
アヴァンス
ハワイ旅行
オフィス レイアウト
介護
car insurance
債務整理 無料相談
DVDコピー
株式 情報
時計修理
USBドングル
折込広告
老人ホーム 横浜
恵比寿 賃貸
カイロプラクティック
厨房機器
バイク便
川西賃貸
ECサイト 構築
ピアノレンタル
教員採用試験
債務整理
越谷 不動産
小さな靴
カフェポッド
商品先物取引
福生市 不動産
募金
三軒茶屋 マンション
ピアノ教室
RMT
マンション 貸す
過払い
婚活
コーヒーワゴンサービス
彫刻刀
オーガニックコットン
スキューバダイビング
港区 不動産
子宮筋腫 漢方
グッチ バッグ
店舗デザイン
今井クリニック
育毛 東京
日商簿記
志木 一戸建て
冬虫夏草
乳がん
オフィス賃貸
ビジネス英会話
ビジネススクール 英語
ナース服
レストラン 求人
立川市 不動産
調布市 不動産
八王子市 不動産
福生市 不動産
あきる野市 不動産
黄体機能不全 漢方

 

Post a Comment

<< Home