Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

下田插秧啦~ (June 18, Pt 1)

I can't believe that this is the 4th day my place is a rainy day liao. -_-" Making me feeling grey grey too, work not smooth. *argh* Weekends were not good one, did many work, but a lot of failures, wasted my energy uselessly only.

I got to make a good progress today, bless me.

Ok, this was a past event last month. I went to "plant paddy". It will be my last year to have a chance for this. I missed the chance for the previous 2 years, so I decided to make it there this year.

So, fish fish did become a farmer for 2 hrs. Kihkihkih...



Mirian and me took 2 hrs to go to the Kyoto University's Farm.



We reached there around 1.00pm. The planting event started at 1.30pm.

However, Minami (left) and Morita (right) were there since morning. While Mirian (right) and me were just going to have fun from the planting part.



This was the reason why Minami and Morita were there since morning. See the 2 empty paddy fields with those bunches of paddy shoots?



The girls were there to tie these shoots into bunch by bunch, so that it would be much easier for the planting process later.



Before the event started, Mirian and me went to see some of the plants in the farm...

Know what field is this?



Tra la la~ Asparagus!! Have you ever imagine how ugly the adult asparagus plant is? However, I see these young shoots, I was drooling already. Look so temptating!! These were planted in the green house, look fatter and much heathier than those outside. Hohohoh... the staffs in the farm were picking some for the picnic session later on. ^_^ Can't wait till that.



Soon, everyone was ready to get the paddy planted. One long straight line of farmers were formed for the 2 fields.


Yeah!! The members from my lab. Everyone was getting excited...


3...2...1... START!!

Didn't matter that the legs were sank deep inside those heavy mud... Didn't matter if hands were stained with those muddy smell...

Heyo! Heyo! Here we go... Plant plant plant...



On the other field, the water level was much lower than the previous one. Their planting process was much relaxing, I would say.



Can even see the plant stand prettily in the mud.



However, I prefer the scene of the one with more water in the field. It made very nice and clear reflection of the "farmers" versus the plant.



This was my favorite picture for the day. The position of each of them with the reflection and the plants... a sense of liveliness.



This blue shirt guy is the "line keeper" to guide everyone the position where they should plant the shoots for every line...

So line by line it went down... and the sun was getting hotter and hotter... can feel the burning effect on my skin.



My sensei (right) and Yamaguchi (left) were the only two that "goyang kaki" with fish fish. *ehem*

No lar~ I got important task for the 1st half... be the camera girl.

Sensei was waiting for the field to be planted until half full, before he joined in.

Yamaguchi? He hurted his finger, so he was out for that day.



After I had taken enough pictures... hohoho!!! It's my turn to make myself dirty and muddy~ I asked Yamaguchi to take care of my camera. Didn't know he used it to take my pictures without permission. However, I must admitted I really like some of the picture he took.


Like this one, don't you think fish fish can be such a good farmer? ^_^ So full of concentration...

So glad I used the khakis hat on that day... it helped to mild the sun heat on my black and thick hair, the element that easily absorp heat. *iish*



Hello~ Yamaguchi... why are you taking our butts?

Which one you think have the sexiest? Kihkihkih...



After more than an hour of "hard work", it was time finally for the last line. Argh~~~ everyone decided to sit down for the final planting. Errr... ever heard of people sit down and plant paddy one?



Ahaks!! The well-done paddy field. We felt so nice seeing the complete layout from our sweats.

Grow nice nice ar~ so that next year we will have sweet and yummy rice. ^_^

To be cont...

11 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Julie said...

wah.. wat an adventurous day! ^^

how it feels when ur feet were on the mud? syok ka? ^^

luckily ur didnt plant ur digicam too.. hoho.. =p

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger babe_kl said...

so interesting...

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, I bet you were so excited seeing the 泥巴 like 如魚得水. Reminds you of your 童年 huh ?

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger JMom said...

What a great experience! Thanks for posting the great photos, I will share it with my kids. I don't think they even know where the rice on the table comes from, much less how it is planted.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

So fun! I like the asparagus photo :) IS there any technique for planting the paddy shoot? Oh yah fish fish can ya email me ur mailing address at acrix_69@hotmail.com, thx!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Ben said...

That either looks fun or unbeleievably hard, back-breaking work. I'm not sure which... :)

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

julie : kekekeke... so that my digicam grow more baby? :P The mud making you leg very heavy, once lose balance... you'll become muddy man.

babe_kl : ^_^ Very hot though

cooknengr : Ai yar~ Ni Zhen Dong Wo Xin.

jmom : ^_^ Show them... Tell them rice come from those grass. :P

acrix : It is a piece of cake. Not difficult. But need physical strength for bend and straight continuosly. Will send you the email tomorrow. Thanks!!

ben : Back-aching work. Good way to train the muscle. Kihkihih...

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Milly said...

fish fish...i do this b4.... haha..follow dadibee to work... very nice..fun..but after back home backache lor...

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger pinkcocoa said...

the photos are so cute!!! look at all of them "pai pai zhan" :-P

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

milly : So good gal ar~ follow dadi to work. *pat pat head*

pinkcocoa : Heee... Pai Pai Zhan, Chi Tang Guo...

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Intereting..!

MrsT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home