Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Momo Chan

This season making fish fish wanna "mo" Momo. Heeee... it actually refers to peach. But in Japanese, it has a very cute name - Momo. Ever heard of Momotaro? Did you know the original story line was not Momotaro came out from a Momo? Instead, it was about how a very old couple that found and ate a "magic momo", and became young 20++ yo handsome guy and pretty lady. That night, the 2 of them was having heavy wind strong rain non-stop. And 10 months later, Momotaro was born. However, as Momotaro is a famous story to teach to kids in primary school, it will be too complicated to explain if the kids ask further and further, so to avoid that, they decided to simplified the story. ;) Now...

I ate a Momo this morning. (Cheh~ it didn't make me turn prettier and younger. -_-") Too bad, it was too soft. I miss the nice momo I had in Yamagata prefecture 2 years ago, when I was travelling with Wai Wai in Tohoku area.

So, let fish fish brings you to the pink pink momo world of 2 years ago. ^_^

Time machine back!!

*swirl~~~*



Ever seen a Momo tree? This... is a Momo tree. The momo on these trees very red, that was actually the first time I see such a red Momo.


Wai Wai and me were too excited. We were really sakai and screamed out loud the first moment we saw large orchard of them. Too excited.

So, we took 30 min just to take the picture of this momo, and try to sniff those nice smell as much as we can. It was one of the nicest smell I have ever had. Cannot eat, smell also good enough liao lar~



See my hand and the Momo? Yes, these Momo in Yamagata super big. It is one of the prefecture with best Momo in Japan. In fact, I love Yamagata. The best Sakuranbo also produced here.

Girls in this area have very fair and smooth skin. Must be the water and these fruits. In fact, Wai Wai and me were the 2 naked ladies with darkest skin when we took bath in Ofuro that time. So embarassing. :P



Ok, something weird here. Have you ever heard of graveyard for Momo?

Amen~~~



That day, we were very lucky. We saw the farmers were selling their fresh momo. Without hesitation, we bought one box of it.

Know how much it is?

Super cheap!! It was for 800 yen... not one, but the whole box.

That night, word couldn't explain how we felt after we ate the Momo. *in heaven~*

Woooo~~~ this making me wanna go to Yamagata again liao~ *myak*

19 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

800 yen is for sure very cheap for so many peaches :P Long time din have peach and the one that i have last time was from Australia or New Zealand ~

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

yea. sure looking forward to eat momom again. these days i crave for fruits. now i take fruits almost everyday.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger emotionalistic said...

The momo looks like apple to me ;)

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger xes said...

mmmmm...mOmO..... so hairy...mmmmmm..

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Momo, so white yet blushing red,
Firm and sweet soft and mellow...er ok i can't write but I love peaches...Especially white peaches. Fish Fish thoses peaches look so Awesome. So envy you right now!
I remember My husband and I went to Marysville up in Northern California, and in the backroads we travelled through Several HUGE orchards of peaches in mid July..The Smell was incredible, the peaches HUGE, the air was super sweet and I was so tempted to stop and car and sit in a tree and eat til I was sick! But I box Boxes and Boxes of Peaches two layers for seven dollars, and sat in an air conditioned room and ate til I was sick. LOL it was great...*sigh*

milgwimper

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, I though Fishes only eat 水蜜桃.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger babe_kl said...

so huge!!!!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Makan Kings said...

Wah!! The peaches looks so big and juicy!!!! *drool*

Cheers,
-Makan Kings-

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Chen said...

Momo.. what a cute name.. hahah...
I like peaches.. In fact I bought lotsa peaches when I visited Beijing few years back.. The peaches there are damn huge & juicy.. Yummy... Now thinking back, I will still salivate leh... Miss eating those big delicious peaches..

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Julie said...

graveyard for momo? will it jump out a 'momo guai' later ka..

but 800yen for a box is super cheap!

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous ST said...

These momo are luscious! Next time you go to Yamagata, help me buy a box of peaches, ok?

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

acrix : Heee... I think I haven't tasted peach from those 2 countries yet.

patrick leong : Summer is the best time for fruit. ^_^ yeah!

emotionalistic : Apple, that's the only fruit I don't eat.

xes : where got so hairy lar~ smooth smooth and juicy.

milgwimper : wah~ eat momo till sick ar~ The only fruit that I ate until sick was mangosteen. I eat half a basket in one go... then sick that night. That made me stop taking magosteen for a long time. :P

cookenegr : apa tao pun this fish fish hentam, as long as it is not Yang Tao.

babe_kl : They sure are.

makan kings : They taste even better.

chen : China has a lot of Huang Tao too. But in Japan, hardly find. I like Huang Tao also, besides this Bai Tao.

julie : Muahahhahahah... Mo Mo Guai... I lup!

st : Can. But how am I going to give it to u ler?

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger emotionalistic said...

So i guess it doesn't taste like an apple though it looks like one.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Evil Jonny said...

Hm, that's very expensive by US terms! Anyway, have fun in New Orleans. I'll go there next month. Please find some good food places for me and good luck with your talk!

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Darren said...

800 yen is equivelant to how much in RM?

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love good peaches too.. :) not many sweet ones i get to eat here.. :(

MrsT

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Milly said...

yo yo yo...!! ncei nicenice..!!

can send someto my hosue ornot?? i give u address... hahha...no lar..kidding lar..when u send to here aredi..all spoil liao..!

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

onejan,
can bring some for me?
i want to have a try!!!
gil.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

emotionalistic : exactly my dear. ;)

evil jungel prince : ok sir!!

darren : Around RM 26.

MrsT : The one in Japan sure worth a try. ;)

milly : Yap sweetie, it is too perishable. Sorry!

gil : If only I go to Johor during its fruiting season. Muck. How's UTM life?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home