Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Fish Fish in USA (Pt 10, July 20)

Warning : Quite rough way of witing, due to the need of it.

I woke up at 2.30am the morning I was going to leave New Orleans. I slept for merely 2 h that day, after packing everything up. By 3.20am, I was down in the lobby to wait for the Airport Shuttle New Orleans to come and pick me up.

Guess what?? I was "very lucky". There was no sign of the shuttle bus coming at all, until 4.25am. Panic!! The St. Vincent's Guest House had nobody to attend at the reception. What more, they locked the phone in their office. Great!!! This was really a great choice of mine of staying in such a place. My advise... strongly not recommended to stay there.

I had no choice but to wake my sensei up to help me to go to the nearest public phone (which was quite a walking distant away) to make a call. Called them, no one picked up the phone. Tried to call a cab, only answering machine was working.

Getting more panic. If I missed this flight, all my schedule would be in a mess.

No choice, I tried to get a bus to get down to the town for a cab, even though the time seem to be quite strained.

Luckily, there was a cab coming after 10 min. I ran towards it, waving my hands like some "crazy people". There was a lady passenger in the cab.

"Please bring me to the airport now! I need to rush to the airport now!" I was like "shouting" to the driver regardless there was a passenger behind.

"I'm sorry miss, but I have a passenger to send back now. I'll come to pick you up 5 min later." The 1st minute he was saying this to me.

"Ok, get on the car. We will send you to the airport." The next minute he said this to me. Did I hear it right??

Yes!! The lady was so kind that she allowed the driver to bring me to the airport first. While her way home was just a few min away.

"Thank you so much." I said this from the bottom of my heart.

"No worry baby. We'll get you there." She was assuring me.

In the cab, the lady was in a very down mood that time, she was gulping down alcohol. Kept saying the "FUCK" word. Seem like she was very pissed off how some untrustworthy cab drivers trying to take a chance on her. Geee... hearing her story, my image on cab drivers only get worse.

"I swear to you Martin, I will fucking stab their eyes with my eyeliners if they ever dare to put a finger on me..." etc etc...

Geee... what a ride I was having.

"You see, I am not a mad bitch. But these bastards, no way I'm going to let them to get me. You get me? You know I don't even kill an animal, and I am a vegetarian..." Oh!! That was a delighting word, vegetarian??

I looked at her and smile, "I'm a vegetarian too. ^_^"

After a little more while...

"Fuck!! I really wanna a smoke now. Urgh~~~" She was saying again about wanna to smoke.

"You can smoke if you want. I don't mind." I said. Heee... just for this time. But then, it seem like a policy not allowed to smoke in the cab. Ah well...

"I'll stop for you to smoke once we get to the airport, alright?" The driver was saying to her.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I want my cigarette!!" Oops...

"Hey sweety, do you smoke?" She then asked me.

"Smoking? Nope!"

"I tell you, smoking is so fucking good. God damn good." Heee... she sure has very "strong" word for all her sentences. But somehow, I kinda like her.

"What time is your flight?" She then asked.

"6.10am" I said.

"Oh baby, you gonna make it alright. Hey, that's Martin in front. We have known each other for 3 years. He is gonna make you catch your flight in time for sure. A great guy. He is a vegetarian too." Geee... 2 vegetarians... something which is quite impossible to happen if I am in Japan.

"Hi Martin. Nice to meet you. Really thank you for helping me this time."

"No problem. We will be there in another 5 min time." When I heard this, my anxiety was reduced into half.

Finally, we reached the airport. He only charged me US$1 extra in such an early morning and out of sudden kind of getting on his cab. I decided to give him a 30% tips. He deserved it. If not because of him... I really couldn't imagine what would my tight schedule turn into.

I gave a kiss to the lady.

"God bless you, honey. Good luck!" She said to me.

"You too." ^_^ I think one thing lucky was I met these 2 great people.

ADIVSE : If you need to take the Airport Shuttle, make sure you must call them to confirm the day before, don't turn into a situation like mine.

I was really in a relief when I checked in my luggage. But then, I couldn't get my e-ticket, due to my ticket changing when we flew from Japan to US. However, they helped me to check in through counter service.

Argh~ I finally get to the line to check in. Guess what? That was really a long line.

Seem like there was another flight to take off at 6.00am too. It was a big mess. I heard the passengers in front and at the back of me saying, "Man~ this is the worse checking I ever had."
Great!! Why was I so lucky?? Know what did I do? I prayed I will survive until get back to Japan. I really couldn't imagine what will be happening next.

At 5.50am, passengers still runshing to check in for 6.00am flight. Ours? We immediately get on board after 5 min we checked in.

The moment I sat on my chair, I was really wiping my cold sweat.

*Pray... Pray... Pray...* Nothing more happen again, please~



Ah~ I finally could get away from New Orleans. I know I'm not going to forget you, with all the "memories" you gave me.



It was such a nice feeling to land on Memphis International Airport safely.



It was very interesting to see shoes polishing booth to be found in the airport. Such a fresh scene for fish fish.



A lot of people busy having breakfast. I had no appetite, skipped. No time too, my connection time was a short one.



Ok, can anyone tell me what is a memphis traditional food?



I said bye bye to Memphis again after a very short stop.



Now, I have my mood to appreciate the nice cloud sea, and gulping on my nutritious bar.



Yes!! I finally get my feet landed on the next destination, Raleigh.

Here I started with my one-fish journey. ^_^

To be cont.

13 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Blogger Evil Jonny said...

Fish, that story was hilarious! I love the part about the her wanting to stab somebody with eyeliner, and the fact they were both vegetarians. Ha! Such a great story.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Julie said...

hoho.. u met 2 good samaritans.. one speeding n another f f f words all the way =p

luckily u r on time for the plane.. ^^

waiting for ur raleigh story.. must b very jingchoi one..

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous holly said...

what a funny story!

Memphis is known for BBQ, don't know what else, though.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Ur trip sounds so adventurous thou everything seems to be in chaos :) Anyway, ur so lucky to meet the two of them and i couldn;t imagine what happen if they are some robbers :P

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous milgwimper said...

Fish Fish,

What an interesting adventure. You were lucky that you met those good samaritans, and to find out they were vegetarians to boot! Wow, your trip home was so chaotic, but I hope you will come visit the U.S. again soon, and hopefully even better memories. :D

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous milgwimper said...

Fish Fish,

That concession is Corky's BBQ.
http://www.corkysbbq.com

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

wow. this is the most 'kan chiong' post i have ever read in your blog. i was hoping you will miss the flight so that we get more drama ?!? hilarious. hehehee... kidding. :P glad that you have made it.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger mmulibra said...

so many F*** words.. hahaa

U shud join the crowd and start F-ing also

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish , last pic 我們不欣賞男生的屁股! where are the baby got back pictures ?

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

evil jungle prince : Yah~ I can laugh at the incedent now. But know how anxious I was that time? -_-"

julie : nope gal... raleigh is a peaceful place for me. ^_^

holly : Oh, BBQ. Thanks for the info.

acrix : Exactly. I guess I was really lucky to get on the right cab. My sensei was very worry too... he said he would definitely let me get into the cab if there were 2 guys that time.

milgwimper : I am crossing my fingers that I will "go" there again for sure!! How about the west coast this time? ;)

patrick leong : Hoi!!! So bad!! Wanna more dramas also not in a way I miss my plane... ok??

mmulibra : Listening only to the F words enough to make me red from neck till my forehead already ler~

cooknengr : "Baby got back pictures??" Eh... mind to elaborate more on this? I catch no ball, how to answer??

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Big bok said...

What a kan-cheong post FF..!! but i'm glad you made it to the airport in time. I would have been devastated..!! but you are a tough cookie..!!
Memphis is famous for their Corky BBQ.. :)
Yes.. there is a shoeshine at the airport.. and also a massage thingie too.. did you see it..??
And all the "F" words.. wow..!! you prolly had enough to last you a lifetime eh..?? hehehhe!!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

big bok : Tough cookie? *ouch* Teeth broken. Ha!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home