Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Fish Fish in USA (Pt 11, July 20)

I took a cab from Raleigh-Durham International Airport to Raleigh town.



This was the place where I was going to stay for a night, before I went to visit a laboratory.

DAYS INN - RALEIGH DOWNTOWN
300 North Dawson Street, Raleigh NC 27603
Phone: 919-828-9081
Fax: 919-821-0654

Among all the hotels I have stayed, I would say this was the best. In term of the reasonable price (I paid about US$75 per night), very clean and great place for me to really have a nice rest and do my work. So, I decided to make a promotion for this hotel here.

The general manager, Danny was a fun to talk with guy. Very helpful as well. At first, he was teasing me by saying he was from Thailand, I knew he was playing fun of me.

"Nah~ I'm very sure you are from India. From your name. Also your look." Ha! I was right about it.

Blah... blah... blah...

Then come to a sentence that delighted me.

"Hmm... you are very smart for your age. Where are you from?" He suddenly said this to me after we talked for 5 min.

*blink blink* Woo~ smart for my age? ^_^ So, happily, I called mum after I got back to Japan, told her about this quoting. Guess what mummy reaction, "Hey, did he ask your real age or not? Tsk tsk tsk... that man got cheated by you already lar~" *urgh~* Hello~ mummy, why pour cold water on your daughter like this one?? *myak!*



Anyway, I was given a very nice room with King size bed... at the ground floor as I had a large and heavy luggage. Great!!

But once again, before that, he was teasing me he gonna do extra charge on me if I wanna stay on the ground floor.

"Hey!! I'm a student, don't bully me like this ok? I am only a poor student." I protested. :P

And yes, of course there was no extra charge for that.



Oh~ the TV was way too big for me to watch programme alone with this king size bed.

I love the microwave. Also the ironing board. Impossible you will find these facilities if you are in Japan. Not even to mention the King-size-bed.



I love this corner the most. Man~ I spent almost my leftover time that day preparing my 30 min presentation for the laboratories on it. While the leftover time, I slept like a piggy fish on the HUGE bed. ^_~



Even the bath room was a very pleasurable one. The funny thing was, after I put 2 dollars tip on my bed that next day morning, I was given 3 sets of towels instead of 2. Geee...



This was the dining room at the lobby for you to take breakfast from 6 to 10 am. The breakfast is attached with the staying.

Further behind this dining room, I had my chance to check my email for free. But, they blocked the access into blogger.com. Ah well~



I kept coming out here to fill up my water. I was consuming a lot of water that day. The juices were only available until 10am.



Feel like itchy to munch on something, there is always a vending machine for you to crave for one.



I was extremely hungry by the time I settled my things in the room. Immediately, I walked over to a fast food store named Quiznos Sub to settle my hunger. It was specialized in sandwiches. Oops, my first franchised fast food in US.



I chosed a regular veggie whole wheat baguette-style sandwich. This regular is an 8 inch for US$5.29.



Also, I saw soup corner. I chose a cup of broccoli cheese soup for US$1.99.

Argh~ my eyes could eat more than my stomach. I took me a long 1 hr before I actually finished them.

My stomach turned from a starving stage into a bloated stage.

I like the bread, not so much on the filling, too much pickles. But the spicy sauce that added in was really great. The soup was so so, good to sip for the first few spoons, after that, I felt very satiated with it.

*sigh* I admit I am more to a rice person.

After the lunch, I went back to my room, took a quick bath. And there I went to meet my dear Mr. Chow. He was especially lovely that noon.

By the time I woke up, it was already evening. I walked out to try to find some nice place to eat. Turned out to be nothing after a 15 min walk... kind of dangerous too for me to walk alone in that neighbourhood. So, I turned back to the hotel.

I gave up the idea... and decided to try another new thing.

What?? I made my 1st home-delivery call for the 1st time in my life. You hear me. Yes, fish fish never made any call before for home delivery.

I took out my address book, pick up the phone (by the way, all the local calls made from this hotel is FOC ^_^)... and prepared myself well to sound like I am a cool fish while making the call. God knew how my heart was bumping like crazy that time.

Oh... the phone got through quite fast.

"blah blah blah..." I didn't relly hear what was the guy talking on the other end of the phone.

"Hi, I would like to make a pizza order" (what a nonsense quotation... what else would I want if not a pizza??)

"Your phone number please..." Before I managed to say anything more, he wanted my phone number.

"Huh??" I thought I heard wrong.

"Your phone number." He repeated again.

Phone number?? For what, I thought.

Anyway, I told the number to him.

In a minute, amazingly, he said the address of the hotel I was staying perfectly.

Oh, very impressive. Now I see why he wanted that.

(Ok, I know some of you might have laughed out very loud now how "sakai" fish fish was. Hey, it was my first time ok~)

"What would you like."

"Veggie lover please. Any small size?"

"Nope. The smallest is medium." He said.

"I'll have that then. Think and crispy one please. That's all."

"Ok. Your pizza will reach you in 45 min. How would you like to pay?"

"By cash." I said.

"Thank you." He said. I hang up my phone. Tee hee hee... my first time was a "success". :P



I didn't see when the pizza arrived. But after paid US$15.06, I got a hot and nice crispy HUGE medium pizza.

They named this medium?? OMG!! I wonder what will the LL size will look like then. *shudder*
Argh~~~ such a lovely pizza. It was very yummy. I LOVE IT!! It tasted different from the one in Japan, though both of them are pizza hut. I prefer the one in US.

I chomped on 3 cuts... and that was the maximum I could take.



It was a lovely meal I had with this can of nice cool tomato juice that I got from the plane. So thirst quenching.

*burp!*

The leftover 5 cuts?? I devided them into another 2 meals to finish them.

Man~ see how big it was?

That night... I saw gym room for free, only after I took my bath. *iish*

That night... I had my laundry perrfectly done after couldn't find any place to wash my clothes in New Orleans.

That night... was the soundest sleep I had since I started my journey in US.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

18 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Blogger Reid said...

Hi fish fish,

I can't believe I've been away from yor blog for so long...I'm sorry! =( I have to go and read everything now. I hope you had a nice time while you were here.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger cccp said...

OMG! quizno subs!!!! yummmmmmm. god i miss usa...

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pizza
AL

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked your blog. I am going to bookmark it for future visits
I have a similar Acne Medication site. It pretty much covers Acne Medication related stuff.

You are welcome to check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Directv Southgate MI has created a programming service specifically driven to offer customers more choice and value for their entertainment dollar. Check out My site on Directv Southgate MI

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Compare Satellite TV Systems offers high-speed PC Internet-access to our customers through our sister brand HUGHES. Check out my site on KEYWORD

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent Blog site you've provided, keep it up.
What Everybody Ought To Know -- About Car Stereo.
No hype about Car Stereo here.

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Daily Show: August 16, 2005
Tonight's episode begins with hard-hitting news: Sean Combs... uh, Puff Daddy... uh, P. Diddy ... His diet will also be managed by the new executive chef of the White House, a young lady by the name of Cristeta Comerford .
Cool blog you have. I'll be back. Come visit me sometime.
I have a how to lose weight quickly site/blog. It pretty much covers how to lose weight quickly related stuff.

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Health Expert Blog
Leading experts share advice, tips, and personal experiences in the new Yahoo! Health blogs.
My Acne Medicine site, covers Acne Medicine related stuff.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger gmol41lcac said...

St0ck For Your Review - FCPG

Current Profile
Faceprint Global Solutions (FCPG)
Current Price $0.15


A U.S. based-company dedicated to the goal of
bringing effective security solutions to the marketplace.

With violent and white-collar terrorism on the rise,
companies are starving for innovative security solutions.

FCPG is set to bring hot new security solutions to
the industry, with currently over 40 governmental and
non-governmental contracts, being negotiated.

Please Review Exactly What this Company Does.

Why consider Faceprint Global Solutions (FCPG)?

Faceprint Global Solutions (FCPG) holds the exclusive
marketing rights from Keyvelop, to sell the world�s
leading encryption technology to be distributed directly
to the Healthcare industry in North America.

Faceprint Global Solutions has completed its biometric
software that recognizes facial features of individuals
entering and leaving through airports, ship yards, banks,
large buildings, etc.

FCPG acquired Montreal-based Apometrix Technologies,
which enhances the companies mission of being a
full-service provider to the multi-application smart
card industry. The North American market appears ready
for significant expansion of price-competitive, proven,
multi-application solutions on smart cards. Apometrix's
forecast of over 300 customers and sales of more than $50
million in North America over the next five years, appears
very realistic, according to company management.

Faceprint Global Solutions is currently in contract negotiations
with over 40 governmental agencies and businesses seeking to use
their encryption, biometric, and smart-card technologies.

Breaking News for Faceprint Global Solutions (FCPG)

Faceprint Global Solutions (FCPG) is pleased to announce that
IBM will now offer the world�s leading encryption software to
its major Healthcare clients in North America.

With FCPG owning the exclusive North American rights to distribute
the worlds leading encryption and transmission software developed by
Keyvelop, FCPG is poised to capture large volumes of sales generated
by customers currently using IBM�s software in the healthcare and other industries.
�This is a very positive move for FCPG and for Keyvelop,� said FCPG
CEO Pierre Cote. �We are very happy about the decision to go with IBM.
This is a continuation of the progress made by everyone associated
with FCPG and its partners.�

Buell Duncan, IBM's general manager of ISV & Developer Relations commented,
�Collaborating with Keyvelop will ensure that we develop open solutions
that are easy to maintain and cost effective for our customers in the
healthcare and life sciences industry.�

Among other things, this new software technology which is currently
being used by a number of European healthcare companies, is used to
send any file, regardless of format or size. Encryption keys, evidence
of transmission integrity with fingerprint calculation, time-stamping
of all actions and status record updating, pre-checking sender and
receiver identities, validating file opening dates are part of Keyvelop features.
About FacePrint Global Solutions, Inc.

FCPG operates a business, which develops and delivers a variety of
technology solutions, including biometric software applications on
smart cards and other support mediums (apometric solutions). FCPG�s
products provide biometric solutions for identity authentication and a
host of smart card- and biometrics-related hardware peripherals and
software applications. Apometrix, FCPG�s wholly-owned subsidiary, combines
on-card or in-chip multi-application management solutions with best-of-breed
�in-card matching� biometrics. Keyvelop�s secure digital envelope solution
and Apometrix�s on-card biometrics work together to produce the winning
combination in the fields of security, traceability and identity management.
Conclusion:

The examples above show the Awesome, Earning Potential of little known
Companies That Explode onto Investor�s Radar Screens. This sto,ck will
not be a Secret for long. Then You May Feel the Desire to Act Right Now!
And Please Watch This One Trade!

GO FCPG!

Disclaimer:
Information within this email contains "forwardlooking statements" within
the meaning of Section 27Aof the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21B of
the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Any statements that express or involve
discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs,
plans, projections, objectives, goals, assumptions or future events or
performance are not statements of historical fact and may be "forward
looking statements". "Forward |ooking statements" are based on
expectations, estimates and projections at the time the statements are made
that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual
results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated.
We were paid a sum of three thousand USD to disseminate this information from
ir marketing. Forward loking statements in this action may be identified through
the use of words such as "projects", "foresee", "expects", "will", "anticipates",
"estimates", "believes", "understands" or that by statements indicating
certain actions "may", "could", or "might" occur. Risk factors include
general economic and business conditions, the ability to acquire and develop
specific projects, the ability to fund operations and changes in consumer
and business consumption habits and other factors overwhich the company has
little or no control. The publisher of this newsletter does not represent
that the information contained herein are true and correct.

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous augustusgloop said...

omg you are being attacked by spam! and no, i don't mean Reid! lol...

Thoroughly entertaining post as always. Your stress over ordering a pizza was funny. It's so nice n' easy though isn't it?

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger mmulibra said...

Wow FF,

Your blog is now target for spam comments.. arrrr...I hate those guys..If only i can go to their blog and spam their blog instead

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

Gee! What's with the stock review? Anyway, I used to collect that little plastic thingy they put on the pizzas. :) Wah, at the end of one year... I have like a basket full. Can return back to the Pizza place for a fee. Haha!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Julie said...

haaa.. seldom come across a hotel room wif a microwave! i once stayed in a hotel where the minibar is in the bathroom! o_O

a nice trip u have ^^

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Big BoK said...

Hey.. FF,
We have a Quiznos too.. !!!! i took a pic just for you today.. go check it out..:)
Glad you had a more pleasant experience here in Raleigh.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

reid : No need to say sorry Reid. ^_^ It was indeed such a memoriable time for me there. The good, bad and the GREAT!

cccp : Geee... too bad I don't take meat.

AL : It sure was.

AG : Heeee... yap yap. It was easier and mroe relaxing than I have thought. :P

mmulibra : Too bad, they came to the wrong site.

primrose : Maybe you should my dear, for recycle. One thing I was quite surprised, USA don't have classification of the waste treatment. Hmmm...

julie : Minibar in a bathroom?? Now dear, where is that hotel? I wanna try. Tee hee hee...

big bok : Muak. Thanks dear. I saw it already. ^_~

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Hey fish fish,

There are pizza restaurants that you can order from their web sites too. You can look at and click on the toppings you want, then they deliver to your door. I've ordered from PapaJohn's pizza a few times before:
http://www.papajohns.com/

Dennis

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Dennis : Geee... would that take a long time to reach to you if you order through internet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home