Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Fish Fish in USA (Pt 5, July 16)

Well, it is still hot and humid like hell today. However, after a nice and deep sleep last night, I feel much fresher now. ^_^

Ok, time to update my part 5 in USA.


We went to French Market. It is the America's oldest city market.

My sensei and me were kind of a blur in the beginning where it actually was. It turned up that we had to walk further down before we could actually spot this trademark entrance.



N'awlins, a term that has been popularized by tourist trade. New Orleans is usually pronounced by locals as "Noo Aw-lins". Whatever, they all mean one same place. ^_^ (Source from here)

See the fan in the above photo? Almost all the fans I saw in New Orleans were in this style. Fish Fish like them, kind of an antique feeling. How about you?



You can see too-many-to-choose of spicy sauces. Not only the content itself, but also the shape of the bottle, and the labelling.

How would you like a bottle of Hillary's Diet Sauce? No...

Bush and Dick? Still nope...

Alright...



At the end of the French Market, it will link you to the Community Flea Market.

You get all kinds of Creole and Cajun spices in French Market. In Flea Market, you will be able to see varieties of handmade products.

I wasn't so much interested to buy anything from there as the price were kind of critical.


However, I did get one of this unique Mardi Gras bookmark for myself. Cute right? ^_^ One was for US$2.

Fish Fish is a fetishist on bookmarks. My collection is exceeding a thousand already. When I was in highschool, most of my bookmarks were the commercial small card type. However, my speed in collecting them goes down tremendously now. At the moment, I only get the unique and special bookmarks.

After that, we walked to Morial Convention Center for getting our guidebook for the IFT Annual Meeting and Expo which will be starting the next day.

My first impression is... MAN~ what a long convention center. Well, I'll talk more about it when the time comes.



Meanwhile, we went to Riverwalk next door for a stroll while the meeting's welcome party was still 1 hour away.

We didn't buy anything to eat. Just having a look, but we decided to come back another day for trying the food.



Once you go out from the building, you will be able to see one of the many bridges that connecting mainland Louisana to the city of New Orleans across the crescent flow of the Mississippi River.



There were chairs along the balcony where people would seat there just for a relaxing moment.



Inside the building, besides rich choices of food stalls... if you walked further to the center of the building. All kinds of fancy stuffs...

Looking for Mardi Gras goods? I'm sure this colourful shop won't make you feel disappointed.



Among all, I am most attracetd to this fudge stall. Man~ they were all lovely and splendid singers. Very strong and pretty voices. You just couldn't help but to stop when you listened the songs started to play in the air.

In fact, though it didn't attract much people to buy the fudge, everyone was truely enjoyed the musical live performance of fudge making.

BRAVO!!

My sensei bought a nice pair of sandals later in this shopping center. Gosh! The staff, you should have seen him by yourself. He was so gorgeous. Chocolate colour skin (yum yum~) and crystal blue eyes, with a smile that can melt my heart away. *blush*

*iish* I was with sensei. He must have thought sensei is my boyfriend. Bah!! There gone my chance. Ah well~

Nice to meet you, cute guy!! *cheeky smile*



By the time we reached the welcome party in the big hall... there were quite a lot of people already enjoying their foods, busy talking to each other while a mellow lady's voice was entertaning us with those mind-relaxing jazz music.

We found a table to sit... Gosh~ I was really hungry by then.

So, after quite a while of line up for the food...


Mua ha ha~ I started to gulp the food like a hungry fish.

Chomp! Chomp! Chomp! Gone they all into my stomach.



Half of the foods were meat... Like this tiny burger, I have to eliminate the processed meat away from it.

Heee... I'm sure some of you will say "What a waste fish fish!" :P



Among all the dishes, I think I like this gumbo soup the most. It was quite different from the one cooked by this cooking engineer during the CNY Mardi Gras party. Both were good taste, but this one has less ingredients inside compared to the one in the Mardi Gras party. Anyway, I missed it so much, I had 3 bowls. :P

Hey, Da Ge! Thanks... You introduced me to the New Orleans culture. ;) Now, I am truely enjoying it. ^_^

10 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Julie said...

gumbo soup.. isit a tomato-based? u noe.. i always drink soup wif rice (cant help but used to it since young)^^

hoho.. did i see a grandma (a silver hair lady) entering the mardi gras shop? =p

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohhh...the mardi gras bookmarks looked nice!
Ai Ling

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fishfish,

Awesome pictures, and the bookmakrs looked really nice. Sorry about your lost chance with the dark blue eyed stranger . He does sound pretty...um better not go there *blush* I hope you get another chance sometime in the future. I would have called him tall dark and Handsome but you didn't tell us if he was tall. ;P I am so glad you had a really nice trip. :D

milgwimper

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Big BoK said...

Hey..FF,
I bet Eddie would love the Mardi Gras place alot eh..??

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

julie : not really my dear. I also don't know what base it really was. Maybe eddie can help me to answer.

ai ling : yap yap. ^_^

milgwimper : ;) He is more than 6-feet. How do you like that? Forgot to mention, he has very sexy lips. Oo la la~

big bok : Well, let him answer this doubt of urs. ;)

 
At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fish Fish,

*swoon* *thud* shhhh I'm married woman now so all I can do is look. WOW so he is Tall Dark and Handsome with Sexy Lips. You lucky girl. Nice eye candy huh! :D Hope you have luck next time!

Milgwimper

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Haha luckily ur not a puffer fish or else u will blow urself up when blushing~

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger drstel said...

did i miss the tall dark and handsome guy? where is he?
heehee fish fish i should have flown down there and met up with you! now we're so intrigued by New Orleans. thanks for these great stories.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

milgwimper : He even blinked an eye on me when he first saw me. *happy!* But his expression changed when he knew I was with my sensei. -_-"

acrix : Puffer fish only blow when angry~ I am more of a shy nemo fish. Tee hee hee...

drstel : My pleasure. ^_^ Make sure no guy beside you... or else, they will spoil all the good chances. Kihkihkih...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home