Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Fish Fish in USA (Pt 9, July 19)

It's my last morning to have breakfast in the hotel.


I tried something different today. French toast with fried eggs. Well, tasted ok. The french toast was kind of too oily.

My sensei wanted to take bus to go to the conference, while I decided to walk. I wanna try to explore more new route, as I can go to the convention centre in a more leisure way today.



This was an old house in the neighbourhood near the hotel we stayed. Kind of spooky, and the house kept releasing very strong garbage smell. I past this place a few times, and every time I saw one old lady sitting in front of the house sorting out all those piling stuffs in a very busy way.


This was another spot for my route. Closed road. Kind of dirty. Definitely not a good place to pass after the sun goes down.

I found a shorter way to the convention centre. Within 15 minutes, I was there. *iish* If only I have found this route much earlier... then I wouldn't have to be so hectic during my presentation time then.



This will be my last day in the convention centre too. This is a very "long" convention centre. It was said to have 0.9 mile to walk from 1 end to another end. Hehe... you bet it is a good place for doing brisk walking during a hot day summer as the air-con inside can even be chilling.

I used the morning to try to finished up all the booths in the Food Expo.

Surprisingly, I met with Ghadeer again, a student who is studying in Canada that I met in the welcome party for this Meeting and Expo. So, instead of walking alone in the expo, I was lucky enough to have someone experienced like her to guide me around.

I learnt a lot of things from her. She could even tell me which booths have very nice free samples that I must take home with. In fact, she told me she has take a whole round on the expo. Wow!! Fast!!! (errr... maybe Fish Fish was slow. -_-")

She was with me until her time to go for her poster presentation.



Meet Ghadeer. ^_^ It was quite a hectic schedule for her this year, and she was presenting 2 posters and 1 oral in this annual meeting. *salute*

She was asking me if I would like to go out with her for a walk and dinner after 5pm. Unluckily, I have fixed my schedule to have dinner with an ex-senior in my lab and my sensei. Ah~ wouldn't it be nice if I can stay just another more day. Then, there will be more things I could do, I didn't even get to go to the swamp. *argh* :(

After the session for that day ended, my sensei, my ex-senior and me took the shuttle bus from the conference centre to the town.



On the way to the restaurant that my ex-senior suggested, I saw this interesting apron and hat. Geeee... was thinking of buying it. But then hor~ I'm not wearing it. So better don't waste money.



We came to a brew pub. Unluckily, I didn't know the name. Forgot to take a picture on it.



We went to the balcony to have our dinner. Not a bad view though.

However, I didn't like this brew pub. The staff that served us was rude. I could feel it. I would request to change her with another waiter if not because my sensei and ex-senior were with me. Or I may just get out from the place...

The service was nothing to be compared to the one we had the night before.



Well, it was my last dinner in this city. I decided to order a bread pudding. It was nice, but too rich. I get satiated easily after the 1st piece. I still like the one that prepared by cooknengr during the CNY Mardi Gras party.




This was ordered by my sensei and my ex-senior. Both of them wanted to try the same menu. They were telling me the prawns were very fresh and sweet. Nice dish, according to them.




This pub didn't have sepcial menu for vegetarian. So I requested this parpadelle without any seafood nor meat.

It was a huge plate. The taste was just ok. I need to add a lot of Tabasco to increase my appetite. In fact, I think the quality of the food and service were not compatible with the price. I would rather pay same price for a much better place.

Ah~ I would say this was a not pleasurable last dinner I had in New Orleans. Definitely not recommended by fish fish to go there. :)

After the dinner, we just walked a little bit more... Then I went back to hotel to pack up everything.



See this whole range of things? These were all the things I get for free in the expo.

You bet I had a hard time to put them all in my luggage. *headache*

Tomorrow I'm gonna tell you what an adventure I had on leaving New Orleans. ;)

10 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Big BoK said...

You should have bought the apron for Eddie.. i'm sure.. he would wear it..!
Bummer that the service was bad. I had bad service too. Good food is important .. but good service is equally if not more important.
That's alot of sample you've collected.. ! you did good gal..!

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.....freebies!
The bread pudding looked delicious and yeah, a bit rich. Would be nice with strong black coffee.
Ai Ling

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Julie said...

eee.. how come i saw a tiny white-green-red square box on the table too? isnt it our old days favourite 'toy'? ^^ or me 'ngan fa' ka?

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, I'll take the chef's hat :)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

They give free bag oso?

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger letti said...

ah, lots of delicious food as usual..

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Augustusgloop said...

Yay! Freebies! What a great collection. Sorry to hear your last New Orleans meal was so-so tho' =(

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

big bok : Heee... he is more interested in the hat.

Ai Ling : Ai yar~ me allergy coffee.

julie : yap yap dear, for free. I even get a free step-counter. ^_^

cooknengr : Too late liao~

acrix : You are right buddy. ^_^

letti : ;P

AG : My freebies collection is "few" already.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

So izzit made out of some crops' by-product or wat? U din show us how u manage to miraculously suff all those thing into ur luggage :)

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

acrix : Ah ha!! Some I carried on my hands heavily some of them since the limit only 50 pounds. More than that they gonna charge you very expensive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home