Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Tata~ USA

Update : Muak! Thanks for pointing out this big mistake, Da Ge. ^_^

After 11 days of hectic travelling, finally it was the last day (morning) for fish fish in USA. I went to Bradley International Airport by using Valley Transporter.

After collecting 4 passengers, with an original amount should be 5 people... but eventually the final one got some "problem", dropped out... we were all set to head to the airport.



Our vehicle past through acre by acre of WIDE GREEN FARMS... Something I've never seen in Japan for sure. Maybe in Hokkaido, but still the scale is nothing if compared to the one in USA.



It was a very empty road... Our journey was very smooth until the airport. One guy sitting in front of me was smiling at me. So, I smiled back.

Guess what? ;) He was actually heading to the same direction as fish fish - Osaka. Heee.. what a coincidence.

So, my journey of going home was not a lonely one under his companion. His name is Dr. Martz, a retired professor. It turned up that this was gonna be his first trip to Japan, as Osaka University was inviting him as a visiting professor for a week of lecture.



In Bradley International Airport, once we past through the immigration... I saw this cutie. So lovely!! The guard then urged me to caress it if I wanted. ^_^ More than pleasure!! Muak... bye bye~



Bradley International Airport was nice medium size airport. Too bad, not much things for me to see and buy. I was looking for souvenir to buy back to Japan.

There seem to be some problem with our flight... as even 30 minutes before our departure, we still haven't seen our flight was stopping at the waiting gate. -_-"

Luckily, it came 20 min before the departure... and yes, we were boarding the flight in a very rush way again. Geee... I wonder why all my flight trips in USA kind of bizarre.

In the flight, I was sitting with a 300 pounds guy. Luckily there was an empty seat within us. He was smiling at me and said "Man~ I'm so glad there is only 2 of us sitting here."

Poor him... it has been a hard task for him to try to move on that seat. A very nice and friendly guy. In fact, he got very nice blue eyes like Elvis Presley.



Finally, the flight flew off... A last glimpse on the airport.

Then, when we were reaching Detroit Airport, there was a terrible storm. The airport have to be closed for a short period. It ended up we round and round in the air like a don't-know-where-to-go big bird for 40 minutes, before we actually landed safely. I almost puked that time due to the very shaky flight.

So, we rushed to have our connection to fly from Detroit to Osaka. I used 5 min to simply grab 2 packages of chocolate that stated "Made in USA" for my lab. *sigh* Regret not to buy any souvenir earlier. Heavy mar~

Then, there I off again for my final flight. The flight that led me back to Osaka.

I was actually lucky. Though our flight have been delayed about 1 hr for landing, still in time for the connection. However, there was one flight that failed to catch up with the connection. It turned up that 1/3 of the flight became empty.



We had this snack... Hmm, I didn't receive any on my way from Osaka to Detroit. Well, the snack just tasted so so. I still love the peanut snack in MAS. Yum~

Then, after 1.5 hr, our lunch was served.



Dr. Martz came to sit with me, after we realised the passenger beside me was not catched up with the connection. Tee hee hee... giving me a chance to take more food picture.

This was his lunch choice.



This was fish fish's lunch. In fact, from the name labelled, it should be a dish belonged to a lady name Vivienne Chen... And it is written AVML... which means Asian Vegetarian. I thought I ordered for WESTERN VEGETARIAN?? When I asked the crew, "Oh... they all are the same thing." -_-" Ah~ I'm too lazy to argue with him. Just chomped on this one then.

The meal was quite tasteless. Neither the rice nor the chick peas. The green veggie look unappetizing, but it turned up tasted the best. Once again, never judge a book by its cover.

Except for the salad... the fruit was terrible. The pineapple was from canned one. I don't like USA grappe. So I just had a few.

Then, I was busy chatting with Dr. Martz. He was a very nice guy to talk with. We talked about quite a few topics... which some of them really enlightened me.

I didn't know how long we have actually talking to each other... Then, he decided to move to other seat to let me have a short nap. After he moved, snack was served.

Guess what was my snack??



GRAPES again!! Urgh~ I couldn't take anymore of it. And so, I gave the whole bunch of grape to a Japanese man behind me. He was more than happy to accept it, plus his own snack.

As for fish fish? I just munched on the baby carrot like a rabbit. The carrot tasted much better... I would say, even though a little too dry. Man~ first time I felt so torture with inflight food.

After the snack... there fish fish try to hug with my Mr. Chow again... Argh~ I really miss the tight hug. So firm yet nice. Would even be much better if I'm in my own bed that time. *sigh*

I didn't know how long I have slept, but I did have a short one. Time to wake up...

The moment I opened the window lid...



My my~ what a beautiful and mysteric scene. I was very curious which position I was... but no way to know. Stupid flight... the inflight entertainment system was really suck. Urgh!!

Man~ I was very hungry. The food in the flight surprisingly to be so small portion if compared to the HUGE portion served in USA... I had to munch on my own nutritious bar to heal my hunger.

Dr. Martz came back to sit with me after I woke up.

Our dinner? Breakfast? was served. The last meal in this flight.



This was mine. Tasted worse than the previous one. I ate this just to cure my hunger. I was starving. Nope, I didn't take the pineapple and grapes.



This was Dr. Martz's "Cilantro Omelette". He loves cilantro.. turned out to be so disappointed as the omelette barely have any cilanto taste. Tee hee hee...



Ok... it was a dinner then... We finally getting really near to Osaka... The sunset was in a good time to welcome us back.



Tadaima Osaka!! I miss you, Japan.

Ah~ thanks USA... for all the memories. Good and bad... it will remain as one of the most unforgettable trip in my life.

I'll be going there again. Wait for me ar~ ;)

12 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you not like USA grapes?
Ai ling

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous milgwimper said...

Thanks for the update, and sorry about the plane food. I had same problem when I flew last. Next time I try to bring real food on the plame! *SIGH*

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

So what did you do first thing when you arrived? Food or bed?

Had been a bizarre experience no doubt. Wah, US flights don't wait up for each other ah? Hmm, maybe they have too many flights running each day, so it doesn't matter. Yeah, why don't you like grapes? How about green ones? How about seedless ones?

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, 不大不小 the retired professor should be Dr. Martz leh. Seem like Fish Fish retuning to Japan, 心情不太好, too many episode seems like...next time must come to California.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Blackwidow said...

Yaloh, FF, next time, California Los Angeles(Ta Ker) and San Francisco(me here)!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Julie said...

haa.. the 'fi gi chon' looks realli terrible.. luckily u brought ur own nutricious bar ^^

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Ai Ling : Skin too thin, not sweet enough... Don't know... I think easiest explanation... I'm spoilt by Japanese grapes. :P

milgwimper : Yah~ I'll remember to bring my own food in flight just in case.

primrose : It took me another 2.5 hrs before I reached home. The first thing? Tidur. Then woke up in the middle of the night to eat. Jet lag. I love green grapes in Japan, but not the one in USA. They taste very different. But green grapes in Japan... can expensive until make you cekik kerongkong.

cooknengr : Corrected!! Terima kasih banyak banyak. My mind was not working well last nite. I forgot about this word: DOCTOR. Tee hee hee.

Blackwidow : Ai yai dear~ Make sure you have the place for me to sleep. I won't mind share same bed with you. :P

julie : I found out that nutritious bar super usefull stuff.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

I tot movie snack will usually be something like nachos or wat but fruit? Hmm~

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Big BoK said...

Bummer about the food and the connections..FF !
I hate it too.. if my connection is late.. and food is bad.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

acrix : The entertainment system a real suck... Forget about the movie.

big bok : Yap, delay flight, bad food... spoil the day for sure.

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous milgwimper said...

Fish Fish

Do you like the concord grapes, those are my favourites, then come the seeded red flames. I hate green ones, and some of the seedless red one bleh.

http://www.carandale.com/Grapes.html

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

milgwimper : i'm not sure about how concord grapes taste actually. But I do know the one I always eat in Japan very different from the one imported from US. Even the shape, the colour and the flesh. The skin of the Japan one very thick, so people don't eat the skin. Only the flesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home