Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Climb Kitadake (Pt 1, Aug 9)

After a long drive to Kitadake, and were in time to catch an early bus, our journey of climbing Mount Kitadake finally started.




My first entrance into the woods were greeted by this "blackwidow". Hohoho...




Then, green scene like this started to reveal more and more. It feels good to get away from concretes once a while.




We spotted one good scene to take photo. It made my leg weak when I stood in the position where Ray was standing.

Almost felt like falling down...




Bah~ the five silly, just because we wanted to take this man made waterfall. :P




Of course, there were nice natural waterfall here and there. Big and small, steep and mild.




My FM was having difficulty in climbing up. Her stamina was quite weak as she never really into hiking. She regret she under-extimated this climbing. But it was too late for her to turn back.

We have to take turn to push her up with words. The photo showed Ray and mmulibra were climbing the same pace with her to give her moral support.




I was wearing summer sneaker only, not proper hiking boots. Didn't know beforehand that there would be a lot of this water path. As a result, my sneaker kept soaked by this cold flowing water. Not a pleasurable feeling at all.




We were climbing higher and higher...




Finally we saw a group of people who has climbed to the top. They were having lunch that time. Luckily we met them, as they told us the direction of the easier path to the top.




We went into the woods again. Some of the growing patterns of the plant kind of amazed me. Like the way how a sunflower grows.




It is interesting to see how each plant adopt themselves to gain sunlight to the maximum.




We stopped for quite a number of times, mostly in a shaded place. We were worried My FM might faint anytime if we didn't do so.




The scene was getting nicer...




We even saw one small glacier spot from far away. We were heading towards it.

My FM couldn't managed her luggage weight anymore. So, without any other choice... The other 4 of us decided to carry them for her. At least, now all she has to worry was to carry herself up.




Finally, we were on the location nearest to the glacier.

But soon after that, we walked further from it again.




It was only 2pm somthing... but the thick fog made scenery around turned darker.

All we hope was to climb to Katano Koya Hut before dark fell.




How glad we were when we finally see the sign of saying "Katano Koya" on the stone.

We were on the right path.

Met a guy that climbing down. He said there would be another 1 hr to reach the top. My FM heard it... somehow it was like a great recharge for her.

GANBATTE... My FM. ^_^




As it was a slow climbing, I managed to take many picture of flowers and other plants. I tried a bite on this wild cherry. Wah~~~ sour.

Click here to see all kinds of flower that fish fish spotted during the climbing. Any of them is your favorite? ;)

Most of the flowers were tiny. But if you noticed carefully, they have brilliant shape and patterns.




It was kind of difficult to spot animals. Maybe too cold. This was the only caterpillar that I encounter.




We kept climbing. We didn't even have to wear any extra cloth as our energy burnt a lot. Kept sweating.




Finally, we were on the point were bed of flowers laid nicely in front of us.

We thought we were going to reach to the top soon, as earlier the guy told us it would only take 1 hr.




So, we made our final rest before we decided to move till the top non-stop.

Tee hee hee, mmulibra was appreciating the beauty while taking a deep breath.




Tall plant were getting lesser, meaning that we were getting nearer to the hut.




However, the weather was kind of bad for us to have a good view from top.



The only noticeable tall plant was pine now.





Ray pushed My FM harder as she seem to getting more impatient when she realised how come climb, climb and climb never end.

Until 1 point, she lost her patient.

She screamed, "Where is that BLOODY HUT!!!"

mmulibra heard it.

When he told us, we couldn't help but to laugh out loud. Well, undeniable, MY FM have her unique cute way. Already no energy to walk, still have the energy to talk.

"My FM, how come you walk until half dead you still got energy to blah blah blah one?" The guys asked her.

"Hello... walking and talking are using totally different energy source ok? Of course I have energy to talk."

o_O We were speechless with her theory. SALUTE!




Ah~ we finally reached some flat land with breathtaking view. If the weather was good, I'm sure the scene will made me fall in love at first sight.

Silly FOG!




Even with the fog, the scenery was great.




I was quite amzed with the varities of landscape during the whole climbing process. Like a beautiful woman that have many different expression. Cute, sexy, elegant, mysterious...




Oops... Choo was too attracted by the good scene, that he led us to a wrong path. Ai yar~ kind of a quilty to step through the pines.




This was one of the hardest climb when we almost reached the hut. Took us quite an effort to get through it. What more the weather was getting colder.




We were so relieved when we saw another flat land.




By now, everyone energy have burnt till the border line. Nobody have extra energy to push My FM anymore. But My FM was trying best, though slowly to do the last part climbing.




Yippie!!! After more than 8 hrs of climbing... we finally reached Katano Koya.




There were quite a number of tents there.




Soon the weather was so bad that we couldn't even have a clear view on the tents.




This, was the "clearest" shot I could get that day. See how bad the weather was?




Anyway, after had our dinner, we decided to have a very earlier sleep around 8pm to recharge our energy for tomorrow's climb-to-the-top.

*yawn* *SNORING*

8 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger milgwimper said...

Fish Fish,

That is a nice picture of the "Daddy Long Legs". FM's theory on the energy sources for walking and talking is hilarious! :D I loved all the pictures. Good job on posting and thank you!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

i thought your blog is a food blog ? how come now you oso sapu travel eh ?

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger mmulibra said...

Hahaha Someone is not happy that you are crossing into other's territory in regard to blog's topic.. :P

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

milgwimper : Daddy Long Legs?? Is that the spider's name?

patrick leong : Hey, my blog is a "rojak" blog as I claimed as the side bar. ;)

mmulibra : Blogsphere are free to blog anything, right? ;)

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger milgwimper said...

Fish Fish,

I do not think they are true spiders. I think the ones you have shown are Daddy long legs (not the spider one) Harvestmen, reavermen, and opilinids, are the common names I have heard them called. I think they are in the order Opiliones. They have two body segments but are combined together so they looks like one body segement like a pill.

uhoh I think I have gone on too much! *sigh* sorry! To much information! ;P

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

milgwimper : I saw it got 4 pairs of legs, so thought it must be a spider. :P Thank you for the info.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Chen said...

Nice sceneries...

I can imagine how cold issit looking at the pictures..

FM's is very cute leh.. come out with such theory.. If I have no energy to walk, I won't utter a single word already to conserve my energy loh, kekekkee.....

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

chen : She is "cute". That's why we call her My FM. Our radio station. Tee hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home