Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Corn Butter Miso Ramen

I went to Kyoto Station to buy bus tickets last week. Decided to eat my lunch there.


Ramen Koji on the 10th floor of Isetan in Kyoto Station. That was the place where I settled my lunch. In fact, I've been passing through this place a few times... but never have time or my stomach condition was ready for me to have a try on the ramen around this area.




Tsukimiken... a branch from Hokkaido. I decided to make it my first shop to try in this small ramen park.

Actually, I was attracted by its Corn Butter Miso Ramen. As its name is, the miso ramen was topped with sweet corn and flavourful butter.

My first time to try this variety of ramen. A specialty from Hokkaido. I have seen it uncountered times in TV programme. The drooling attraction in the shows was a great torture to me, but I never have the gut to try.

One word~~~ the BUTTER!! It just sound too much for me.

But that day, I decided to forget all the calories in that one bowl of ramen. I decided to challenge it.

Walked into the shop, immediately after sat down, I handed over the ticket that I bought from a vending machine.

Then, I patiently waited for my ramen to come. Exactly sitting opposite to me... was a young guy having tne same ramen as mine. Oh man~~~ the nice smell from his bowl sure have excite my hungry stomach to drum louder...

Wait... wait... and wait...

The less than 10 min wait seemed like a never moving moment for me... Time suddenly turned still.

Then, it finally came in front of me...

It was like seeing a big bottle of tasty sky juice in front of you after you haven't dripped a single liquid into your throat for a whole hot summer day.

I finished my photo session in less than 30 second, didn't even care to take a 2nd snapshot on it...

I had a first sip on the soup before letting the butter melt. The miso soup was very nice. An irresistible savoury taste spreaded into my mouth.

Then, I let the butter totally melted into the soup. Ignoring a thin layer of oil phase formed on top of the soup... I had my second sip.

Geee... the taste of the miso soup was now enhanced by the buttery feel in my mouth. Though a bit too oily, but I couldn't deny the magic butter made on this soup. Yes, if only I cut the butter amount into 1/3 of the original cube... Slurping down this big bowl of ramen would be another magic moment for fish fish.

The noodle... thick and yellow type ramen noodle. It was good... I gave more credit to the texture of the noodle. The cooking time was just right to remain the bounciness of the noodle, giving a great mouthfeel pleasure when you chew and chew on it.

Yes, I finished the whole bowl... until I can see the bottom of the bowl... except one thick Char Siew was laid beside it.




See what I mean? It does look attractive even from the picture huh~

;) BURP!!

13 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Yummy yummy yum yum! I love ramen! So good I think I'll have a bowl of ramen tomorrow for lunch. KLCC foodcourt has a shop which sells quite good ramen at a reasonable price. Slurp!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

Hmmm, I've never thought of putting butter in ramen noodles, especially if it has miso soup base. I'd like to try it sometime.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger letti said...

that looks yummy....but i've told myself i won't eat ramen so much anymore..hehe

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger mmulibra said...

Ramen for consolation after tiring day at Aichi World Expo ^_^

Cant wait for your report on the visit ;-)

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger babe_kl said...

seedddaaappp!

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger MrsT said...

Very interesting indeed..FF..!!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger tokyofoodie said...

omg !!! i can just imagine how good the melting butter would go with ramen.. ahhhhhh .. 6 more months ? *cross fingers* :p

kerw

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, Let see some close up pictures of Japanese Char Chiew.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

primrose : Know what is the shop name? I am going to try next time if I go KLCC.

dennis : Try it!! And tell me your comment. ^_^

letti : Why dear?

mmulibra : Haha!! We did consol ourselves the next day with food. But not ramen. ;) Guess what did we choose?? Nagoya Meibutsu yo~

babe_kl : Betul!

mrst : The combination?

kerw : Yap yap... six more months. ^_^ How's the progress?

cooknengr : Next time ok. When I have a real good pic on it. Just specially for you, meat patron. ^_^

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Acrix said...

*Drooling* seen it before on tv where they put butter in ramen :P There;s one ramen shop in bkt bintang serving hokkaido ramen but i never try it before coz it;s quite desserted~ Next time i try invent ramen with mayo!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Julie said...

fishfish moi.. tat egg looks like a 'ham dan' ah.. hoho.. i wonder if japanese do eat 'duck salted egg' ka..

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

Err.. I think the shop's called Ichi-Ramen. Simple as that. It's located at the Asian Delights foodcourt. :D

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

acrix : You know what? I actually saw a lady like to eat ramen with mayo in TV yesterday nite. o_O I found your same species!!!

julie moi~ Got Ham Dan. One for RM10. Want?

primrose : Ok. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home