Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Bird's Nest Congee

I was looking for an empty container to fill my foodstuff. When I opened one of them, oops... I found something that I forgot. Something that I have been laid inside there for 2 years. :P

Guess what it is.




Oops!! A few pieces of bird's nest, that my mum insisted me to bring over here, regardless I told her most likely I wouldn't cook them.

Ok, if I bring this back to Kuching when I leave Japan... I am sure mum will scold me until dog blood splash head.

*shudder* Better don't take the risk.

So, I've been thinking what should I do to these pieces.

Mmm... why don't try making different dish with it. New cooking way that I have never tried before.

I decided to try on one piece. Soaked it for overnight.




Then I went to supermarket to look for a pack of instant matsutake mushroom seasoning for rice.

Here was how I prepared the dish.
1. Wash the rice a few times.
2. Add some water on it.
3. Put in cube bamboo shoot, rehydrated sliced dry Shitake mushroom, fresh white button mushroom, crispy Tanba Shimeji mushroom and sliced deep fried tofu.
4. Add in the rehydrated bird's nest.
5. Add in a pack of the Matsutake seasoning for rice.
6. Add in a few drops of Nigari and 2 table spoons of rice wine.
7. Add in instant fried shallots.
8. Press cook button.
9. Wait for it to cook.

I wanted a thick congee, so my water amount was less than usual that I would use for plain porridge.

This morning, all I have to do is unlid the rice cooker...




Tralala!!! My very first bowl of Bird's Nest Congee. Soooo nice. The bird's nest itself has a plain taste as usual. But as it is not the usual way mum cook with rock sugar with a double boil slow cooker, the texture was more chunky.

Chomp chomp chomp!!! *burp*

Ah~ a nice breakfast for starting the week. ^_^

Gee... mum will be happy to know she doesn't have to use a forcing way to make me gulp down it. :P

8 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Chen said...

Expensive Congee :D

Frankly speaking, I never taste Bird Next before leh...

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

燕窝+ 松茸 = 超奢侈的早餐~
Can i have one served too?

For the previous comment, i din mean ur old :P Just saying that u are mature enough to get married :P

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger domesticgoddess said...

哗,燕窝粥呐!!!you certainly know how to enjoy ;) ei, next time come back to Malaysia cook one pot to treat us? *期望着*

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish...

話說回來, 在京都某個屋檐下,住著一家燕子.一個大清早, 燕媽媽從拉麵館後邊的拉圾堆帶回來了幾根麵條給燕子寶寶作早餐.

燕老大 : 媽,又是拉麵呀? 好多 碳水化合物也, 吃了會像你那樣肥嘟嘟哩, 難怪爸爸跟對面的燕瘦阿姨飛走了... 我們几時才有蟲蟲好吃 ?

燕媽媽 : 唉! 你這個絕滅仔,老是提你爸幹嘛? 傷腦脛啊,真是傷腦脛.

燕老大: 媽,你又偷看魚子姐姐的梁自強VCD 呀.

燕老么從窗外看著賴床的魚子姑娘,坐在榻榻米, 睡眼腥腥的吃著一碗熱呼呼 的粥. 清爽的米香,挾著濃厚松茸味道,燕老么貪婪的嚥下唾液,吵著要媽媽去撿几粒掉在榻榻米上的燕窝絲給他填肚皮.

燕媽媽 : 傻孩子, 你看你們多幸福. 那位可憐的姐姐窮得把你們在南洋的外婆,吐出來的口水配粥吃,我看呀,那碗粥里頭還有你姨姨們便便的味道呢

燕老么: illlll....that is gross.

燕媽媽: 孩子, 你的英語越來越進步了.

燕老么: 謝謝媽媽.

各位小朋友, 下期再會!

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger fooDcrazEE said...

good for you! Ur mum will be glad yuo are having a healthy food....expensive though. *chuckle*

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

chen : Really? Next time go back Kuching, I chia you. Just for you. ^_^

acrix : If you come to Kuching and when I am there. ;) Hey, dun worry about the old thing lar, I tease you only. Tee hee hee.

domesticgoddess : Heee... us?? So many ar~ Dun scare me until face green green wei~

cooknengr : *clap clap clap* Next time I cook this saliva congee for you ar~ ;) With the nice smell of the Jit Doi Shi some more. Muahahaahha!!

foodcrazee : Heee... I didn't pay a single cent for it. Sponsor by mum. :P Me usually bu Tofu.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Ahh.. so envy.. i have to cook some for my brat.. so her skin will be nice nice eh..??

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Chen said...

U chia me next time ah? Thank u very muchie.. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home